Pre-sale tickets

Want to talk about tickets? You've come to the right place
remi

Pre-sale tickets

Post by remi » Thu Aug 13, 2015 8:58 am

Looking at all the presale tickets that are coming up for sale (online and in my local community,) and finding out that purchasing a presale ticket doesn't exclude you from being able to join the other sales, it seems to me that the smart way to go about procuring a ticket next year would be to purchase a presale, then try every way possible to get a regular priced ticket, then sell the presale ticket. I'm also curious how many sellers have regular priced tickets that they're selling for "pre sale" prices?

My questions:
-Why the fuck would the BM ticket people allow someone who purchased a presale ticket to also join the other sales? Does it exclude them from getting a low income ticket? "I sold my 800$ ticket because I got low income!"
-Is there a way to tell if a ticket is a pre-sale ticket before you purchase it? I remember in years past there was a tiny sticker at the bottom of the back of the ticket... (I don't have my ticket with me so I can't check,) is this still a thing? It's probably easy enough to rub that little sticker off and claim it's an 800$ ticket.
Can you at least admit that nuclear explosions are awesome!?

DrYes
Burning Since: 2010

Re: Pre-sale tickets

Post by DrYes » Thu Aug 13, 2015 9:08 am

remi wrote:Looking at all the presale tickets that are coming up for sale (online and in my local community,) and finding out that purchasing a presale ticket doesn't exclude you from being able to join the other sales, it seems to me that the smart way to go about procuring a ticket next year would be to purchase a presale, then try every way possible to get a regular priced ticket, then sell the presale ticket. I'm also curious how many sellers have regular priced tickets that they're selling for "pre sale" prices?

My questions:
-Why the fuck would the BM ticket people allow someone who purchased a presale ticket to also join the other sales? Does it exclude them from getting a low income ticket? "I sold my 800$ ticket because I got low income!"
-Is there a way to tell if a ticket is a pre-sale ticket before you purchase it? I remember in years past there was a tiny sticker at the bottom of the back of the ticket... (I don't have my ticket with me so I can't check,) is this still a thing? It's probably easy enough to rub that little sticker off and claim it's an 800$ ticket.
The price is printed on (not a sticker) the back of the ticket. It's easy to tell which is which.

Pretty sure you aren't eligible for low income if you've gotten tickets in any other sale. You might not be eligible if you even registered in the other sales, though of course it's trivial for people to create multiple accounts.

AntiM
Burning Since: 2001
Camp Name: Anti M's Home for Wayward Art

Post by AntiM » Thu Aug 13, 2015 9:10 am

Entering the pre-sale does exclude low income tickets, but not regular tickets.

The price is printed on the back, it is not a sticker. You'd have to deface the ticket stub to get the price off, anyone who has handled a real ticket would know instantly if that had been done.
ticket stubs.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

remi

Post by remi » Thu Aug 13, 2015 10:10 am

The main fact I was trying to get across is the fact that the pre-sale ticket holders should be excluded from joining any other ticket draw. I'm definitely going to buy pre-sale next year as a back up.. if I don't get a ticket in the main sale, I'll keep hounding everyone I know until I get one.. and if I don't, at least I have the 800$ back up ticket that is still cheaper then secondary scalper market prices. It seems as this system is set up to benefit the people who can afford to temporarily purchase a presale ticket.

FIGJAM

Post by FIGJAM » Thu Aug 13, 2015 11:50 am

Pre-sale tickets were meant for people to buy as gifts for Christmas.

They kept going on sale later and later till Christmas wasn't part of it any more.

Policy hasn't changed, so you can still register for other sales.
"Don't buy ur Burn...........Build ur Burn!"

"If I can't find an answer, I'll create one!!!"

Fuck Im Good Just Ask Me

remi

Post by remi » Thu Aug 13, 2015 2:23 pm

FIGJAM wrote: Policy hasn't changed, so you can still register for other sales.
Well.. I guess the ultimate point of this thread is that perhaps it should change, especially now since they are being used to game the system, rather then for gifting purposes.

Melonblue
Burning Since: 2015

Post by Melonblue » Thu Aug 13, 2015 2:50 pm

That's not true at all

What you're seeing is like less than 500 (and thats exaggerated) burners out of 70000

There were 4000 presale tickets vs 41000 regular/omg sale tickets.

At least the presalesame are being sold for face value, lots less of that in the 390$ valued ones.

So a handful of people used their smarts, read , researched, registered, clicked, purchased, and then repeated at a lower cost. Big deal.

It's not like they didn't have to fight with 200000 registered people to get in on the dice roll that was regular tickets.

They didn't scam anything. They followed the rules. If you can join them next year, then high five. Good luck in your presale purchase.

My presale ticket is in my pocket.
See you on the playa.

Return to “2015 Tickets Discussion”