Any chance of gate sales? Extra tickets about?

Want to talk about tickets? You've come to the right place
Mansoon

Any chance of gate sales? Extra tickets about?

Post by Mansoon » Mon Aug 17, 2015 1:29 pm

I KNOW the official answer is "No." But anybody who knows the BMorg know they WILL change things at the last minute if they damn well see the need, or even hide what they're going to do for a specific purpose. AND there's been another year of a sellout when "no gate sales" changed in the last 2 minutes fibut was never announced, just happened. Now, the OMG sale was announced to be 1k and turned out to be 1K. But, in between, they upped the city population to 70k (assuming the usual padding, too). Was thinking extras would be in the OMG,as they have at least the last 2 years, but no. So, think some will be for sale at the gate (good way to hurt scalpers, but may come a little late for some to plan), or is my math way off and, accounting for the likely overflow, they're all still spoken-for?

Lonesomebri
Burning Since: 2018
Camp Name: CAMP THREAT

Re: Any chance of gate sales? Extra tickets about?

Post by Lonesomebri » Mon Aug 17, 2015 4:12 pm

The Bmorg hasn't sold ticket at gate for years. I seriously doubt they would start now, as that would only encourage hippies to flock to the gate with no ticket in the future. There may or may not be surplus tickets, the Bmorg may or may not figure out a way to distribute them, but it is not going to be by selling them at gate.
Camp THREAT: Dominating the porta potties 3 years running.
"If this is the best of all possible worlds, what are the others?"
- Voltaire, Candide

trilobyte
Site Admin
Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Eridu Society

Re: Any chance of gate sales? Extra tickets about?

Post by trilobyte » Mon Aug 17, 2015 5:48 pm

There will not be any gate sales. Do not drive to the Burning Man gates unless every passenger has either a physical ticket in hand or paperwork/ID to be able to pick their order up at the box office, and a vehicle pass for the motor vehicle.

Return to “2015 Tickets Discussion”