2 weeks away and no vehicle pass :( What should / can I do??

Want to talk about tickets? You've come to the right place
millsmovies
Burning Since: 2014

2 weeks away and no vehicle pass :( What should / can I do??

Postby millsmovies » Mon Aug 17, 2015 3:43 pm

Hey, everyone. A friend of mine just gifted me his tickets this year after a working schedule conflict came up. I'm really happy I got the two tickets for me and my partner, however I just realized we need a Vehicle Pass too? Does anyone know how to get one other than just praying someone will sell one on here to me?

Also, would they really make you turn around and leave at the front of the line after driving all the way up there and waiting in that line forever? Wouldn't that be just awful for the people who weren't aware of needing this pass in the first place? If I can't get a Vehicle Pass in the next few days should I start looking to sell or gift my ticket? I don't see any other option if I can't get one...

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, guys.

- James

FIGJAM

Re: 2 weeks away and no vehicle pass :( What should / can I

Postby FIGJAM » Mon Aug 17, 2015 4:15 pm

Burner express?
"Don't buy ur Burn...........Build ur Burn!"

"If I can't find an answer, I'll create one!!!"

Fuck Im Good Just Ask Me

Isotopia

Postby Isotopia » Mon Aug 17, 2015 4:44 pm

Also, would they really make you turn around and leave at the front of the line after driving all the way up there and waiting in that line forever?

Do you really want to hear the answer to that question or are you just typing it as an exercise in wishful thinking?

bangerfelix
Burning Since: 2005

Postby bangerfelix » Mon Aug 17, 2015 5:08 pm

Also, would they really make you turn around and leave at the front of the line after driving all the way up there and waiting in that line forever? Wouldn't that be just awful for the people who weren't aware of needing this pass in the first place? If I can't get a Vehicle Pass in the next few days should I start looking to sell or gift my ticket? I don't see any other option if I can't get one...

- James[/quote]

Hi James, sadly I believe the gatekeepers are very likely turn you around at the gate. I've not yet experienced using a vehicle pass, so others may have better advice for you. Sorry :(
However, if you do decide to sell your ticket, my family is one ticket short of being able to bring the whole immediate family. I apologize if that sounds insensitive, my intention isn't to capitalize on your loss, but I am getting desperate and if you ain't going... I'd still like to! :) If you do go that route, please consider emailing me at lani@harborsidehealthcenter.com OR find my post in Tickets Wanted/Needed (bangerfelix).

Anyhow, I really do wish you the best of luck and will keep you in mind if a vehicle pass comes up (just today my aunt said she may have an extra one depending on her ride share decision).

Good luck!
Lani

trilobyte
Site Admin
Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Eridu Society

Postby trilobyte » Mon Aug 17, 2015 5:46 pm

Every motor vehicle driving to the event (except for motorcycles) needs to have a vehicle pass for the vehicle, and a valid event ticket (or paperwork/credentials needed to pick up tickets at the box office). A vehicle that does not have all these things (tickets for each person, pass for the vehicle) may be turned away at the gate and sent back to Reno (no, you may not park in Gerlach or on the side of the road, either).

If you're able, you may want to consider traveling in on the Burner Express bus (if staying at an area hotel before/after, you may be able to leave your vehicle at the hotel for low/no cost and take their free airport shuttle to get to the Burner Express dropoff location. If you're in a camp, coordinate with campmates to not only help you in your search, but also to look at options for helping to haul gear. Hurry up, Burner Express is only taking bookings until Wednesday August 19 at 6:00pm pacific daylight time.

Rideshare is another solution, I'd recommend searching the Burning Man rideshare board and contacting possible traveling companions to see if you can find someone who has a pass but needs a ride.

Return to “2015 Tickets Discussion”