Lost & Found forums will open soon

We're doing it wrong...we know
some seeing eye
Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: Woo

Lost & Found forums will open soon

Post by some seeing eye » Mon Sep 02, 2019 1:45 pm

Sure this has been proposed before, I thought we had one.

ePlaya < The 2019 Event < Lost & Found.

Frankly I'm amazed the energy the organizers put into it (except for bikes, they are never "found")
increasing the signal to noise ratio with compassion

Canoe

Re: Lost & Found forums will open soon

Post by Canoe » Mon Sep 02, 2019 1:52 pm

Moderators make one each year shortly after Burning Man.
Video games are giving kids unrealistic expectations on how many swords they can carry.
... but don't harm the red dragon that frequents the area from time to time. He and I have an agreement.

Toby
Burning Since: 2019

Post by Toby » Mon Sep 02, 2019 2:39 pm

I can't find it... at lost and found they gave me a green card to log in and search found items.... but the link goes to a page that says Lost and Found is closed.

Canoe

Post by Canoe » Mon Sep 02, 2019 2:48 pm

The LOST & FOUND for 2019, https://lnf.burningman.org/, is not open yet.
Playa Info is still getting everything back from the playa.
And cataloging into the database anything that hasn't been cataloged yet.

In addition, there will be a Lost & Found thread sub forum on eplaya, created by moderators shortly after Burning Man. It's Monday. Some don't leave until Tuesday. And later if they're working to close down and clean up afer a larger theme camp.

This can be wrenching for some, particularily if they're needing something before they fly across the country, or to another country.

You can check https://burningman.org/event/lost-and-found/ in case the link for 2019 Lost & Found changes. Key words there are "Post-event". It's only Monday. It will happen. Give it time. (hard to do...)
Video games are giving kids unrealistic expectations on how many swords they can carry.
... but don't harm the red dragon that frequents the area from time to time. He and I have an agreement.

some seeing eye
Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: Woo

Post by some seeing eye » Mon Sep 02, 2019 3:01 pm

Mr Canoe, thanks, you are always in the know.

Toby, sometimes you can find your lost on playa before Playa Info/Lost and Found closes. It can be speedy if the phone has a tag or it's charged and the lock screen shows the owner's info (hint).

Now, Lost and Found is packing up everything to bring back to SF. I believe they also work through the carriers to get the phones back to owners. It will take weeks, rather than days.

Afterburn Report: "In 2018, L&F logged in 1969 items, and 966 items (49%) were reunited with their owners while we were still on playa. That includes 721 phones logged in, and 498 returned on playa. Also 639 IDs (driver’s licenses, passports, etc.) were logged in, and 209 (33%) were returned on playa. Lastly, 402 bags were logged in, and 209 (55%) were returned on playa. Those three categories make up 89% of the found items logged in at L&F."

Besides, I think the Lost and Found team deserves showers, a proper meal and sleeping in their own bed for a few days!
increasing the signal to noise ratio with compassion

Eric
Burning Since: 2003
Camp Name: BRC Weekly

Post by Eric » Mon Sep 02, 2019 4:34 pm

There will be - it's only Monday, as far as I know I'm the only Mod not on the playa and all the Admins are still out there.

It usually takes a little bit to get the forums open. We'll sort the existing posts once they're set up (should happen shortly after Trilo's back home, he is a theme camp lead so he'll be on-playa until MOOPing is done for his camp.
It's a camping trip in the desert, not the redemption of the fallen world - Cryptofishist

Regarding Scammers & Scalpers
Please read above link for all official information.

Eric ShutterSlut
Ass't Editor, BRC Weekly

AlexRom
Burning Since: 2017
Camp Name: Kurenivka

Post by AlexRom » Mon Sep 02, 2019 5:03 pm

Good to know. Thanks for the details guys. And for being awesome of course

AntiM
Burning Since: 2001
Camp Name: Anti M's Home for Wayward Art

Post by AntiM » Fri Sep 06, 2019 7:37 am

Technically, the admin creates the forums, not the mods. "Mod Team" may be most accurate.

Return to “ePlaya Feedback”