What do you mean, name changes?

We're doing it wrong...we know
AntiM
Burning Since: 2001
Camp Name: Anti M's Home for Wayward Art

Re: What do you mean, name changes?

Postby AntiM » Sat Sep 13, 2014 8:27 am

Anti M = Aunty Em = Aunt Margaret. Yes, I really do use Anti M. Also Maggie, from Maggiemayday, but I don't care for it much, but I don't mind it.
http://burningman.org/timeline/

Poke me to experience my gooey insides!

tahiti_treat
Burning Since: 2011
Camp Name: NoTown

Postby tahiti_treat » Tue Sep 16, 2014 3:35 pm

I chose "tahiti treat" for my screen name because it was a soft drink I really liked growing up that you can't get anymore. I tend to go with food/drink names for my internet handles when I don't know what else to choose. I think it is still available in some parts of the world as "tahitian treat"

For the 3 years I have gone to Burning Man I have used a different name each year. For the first 2 years I bought into the idea that you had to be given a playa name and couldn't choose your own. In 2011 I was not given a playa name so I went by my default name all week, though I didn't really want to. In 2012 I was given the name "Crusty" and disliked it. Though it was funny, it didn't reflect who I wanted to be. This year I said 'fuckit' and chose my own playa name, "Sun", after my gate person advised me to 'burn bright'. I loved it. But I may have a different playa name next year. I'll stay tahiti_treat on eplaya until such time as I have a playa name that lasts through several burns.

omegared
Burning Since: 2014
Camp Name: Kamp Joe 4 President

Postby omegared » Sun Sep 21, 2014 7:14 am

In the burning community I go by Omega, Omega Red if you want to be formal. I used to sometimes randomly change names at a burn, but that gets confusing for everyone... including me after a few drinks. In the default world I'm forced to use the name given me by my parents, but you're all burners here so you don't need to know that one.
"Honey you don't want to be in your tent right now. I looks like Burning Man THREW UP in there."

^Rhino!
Burning Since: 2008
Camp Name: Black Rock Beacon

Postby ^Rhino! » Sun Sep 21, 2014 6:15 pm

Savannah wrote:I like finding out that you go by Trilo in defaultia! That's just fun. Also, I'm bad enough with names, so I like not having to remember two. :lol:

Me--I'm Savannah by birth, and Savannah pretty much everywhere.

(***Bows to Savannah like a true Southern gentleman....**)
Ah, but Savannah, my dear, have you ever BEEN to Savannah?

Nice place, actually about two hours outside of Atlanta. Make sure you get there in the early spring or late fall, otherwise it's too blamed hot and humid.

I'm Rhino to my drillers, Rhino to Midwest Burners, and Rhino in BRC. Everybody else uses my given name.
Rue Morgue - '08, '09
Black Rock Beacon - '2010, 2012-2016
(lux, veritas, lardum)
Bacon is forever. Veni, vidi, pertudi. (We came, we saw, we DRILLED.) - BRC Div. of Geology 2009-2015
I'm here until the serendipitous synchronicity is ubiquitous.

David Wentzell
Burning Since: 2015

Postby David Wentzell » Thu Nov 06, 2014 1:56 pm

I'm new, I used my name for user name, I've only posted once, I'd prefer to use my stage name - "Delta Whiskey", if it's not too much trouble I'd appreciate it .
Thanks,
DW

Eric
Burning Since: 2003
Camp Name: BRC Weekly

Postby Eric » Thu Nov 06, 2014 5:11 pm

David Wentzell wrote:I'm new, I used my name for user name, I've only posted once, I'd prefer to use my stage name - "Delta Whiskey", if it's not too much trouble I'd appreciate it .
Thanks,
DW

Delta Whiskey - PM trilobyte (his name is in red, he's just up this thread a little). He's the admin & can change the name - if you just post in the thread he might miss it.

Welcome to the madness! :D
It's a camping trip in the desert, not the redemption of the fallen world - Cryptofishist

Regarding Scammers & Scalpers
Please read above link for all official information.

Eric ShutterSlut
Ass't Editor, BRC Weekly

PimpdaddyX
Burning Since: 2014
Camp Name: Grrr 2014, nomad 2015, Shine Town 2016

Postby PimpdaddyX » Sat Oct 29, 2016 4:46 pm

PimpdaddyX was my gamer name for years. I have been blessed with the Playa name Dimples. Since its on my gate badge I guess I'm keeping it.
The man burns in 308 days.

tatonka
Burning Since: 2013
Camp Name: Rancho Deluxe

Postby tatonka » Sat Oct 29, 2016 8:30 pm

Thought about changing mine to Pussygrabber but I didnt want people to think I was a republican ;)
" Make me strong , not to be superiour to my brothers , to fight my greatest enemy ....... myself . " Chief Dan George .

Skuzzy61
Burning Since: 2016
Camp Name: Barbie Death Camp

Postby Skuzzy61 » Sun Oct 30, 2016 4:33 am

I have been known as "Skuzzy" since 1969. It has followed me throughout my life (a young beachbum/surfer) and career (an older version know as Mr. SCSI). I finally gave in and embraced it.

Everyone who has known me has a hard time not calling me "Skuzzy". Most reveal my default name just does not seem to fit.

Here, someone else already had the name (probably me from another life), so I got stuck with the numbers tacked on.
I really would like to change the world, but I do not have access to the source code!
Duct tape is like "The Force"! It has a dark and a light side, and holds the universe together!

^Rhino!

Postby ^Rhino! » Wed Nov 02, 2016 2:34 pm

If I get my PhD before I return, I might become Dr. Rhino. Which should I prefer, Doctor Rhino, Dr. Rhino, Doc Rhino, or just keep Rhino? Comments and ideas are solicited.
Rue Morgue - '08, '09
(lux, veritas, lardum)
Bacon is forever. Veni, vidi, pertudi. (We came, we saw, we DRILLED.) - BRC Div. of Geology 2009-2015

AntiM
Burning Since: 2001
Camp Name: Anti M's Home for Wayward Art

Postby AntiM » Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:56 am

^Rhino! wrote:If I get my PhD before I return, I might become Dr. Rhino. Which should I prefer, Doctor Rhino, Dr. Rhino, Doc Rhino, or just keep Rhino? Comments and ideas are solicited.

Sir Lord Rhino.
http://burningman.org/timeline/

Poke me to experience my gooey insides!

burner von braun
Burning Since: 2010

Postby burner von braun » Fri Nov 04, 2016 12:10 pm

AntiM wrote:Sir Lord Rhino.

:D

^Rhino!

Postby ^Rhino! » Mon Nov 07, 2016 5:24 am

I am honored, my friends.

Just think, though, at one time, my egotistical inclination made me think to pursue a preacher's certificate by mail, and then I could have been 'Rev. Dr. Rhino".

It just sounded too much like some asshole like Jean-Claude Duvalier (brutal dictator in Haiti) or Idid Amin (brutal dictator in Uganda). I'd like to consider myself a nice guy. And my administrative assistant knows that I don't do dictation.

I did, though, at one time, belong to the Society for Creative Anachronism.....back in the olden days. I pursued my medieval Japanese persona in a Byzantine shire. It didn't work out.

I appreciate being on a first name basis with a lot of my geological colleagues. Though in front of their students, I always refer to them as "Dr.". The fellow geologists appreciate that, because it means that their students call them 'Dr.' as well, and establishes a respectful atmosphere in their classes. I even do it when the pick and shovel come out in the field in front of students, but then enough work with a pick and shovel can become a great equalizer. I found that out a long time ago.
Rue Morgue - '08, '09
(lux, veritas, lardum)

theCryptofishist
Burning Since: 2017

Postby theCryptofishist » Sat Nov 26, 2016 8:27 pm

Rhino, Ph.D.
You wouldn't want my mother to start putting you in the same category as Dr. Joyce Brothers, who seemed to think "Doctor" was her first name.
The Lady with a Lamprey

"The powerful are exploiting people, art and ideas, and this leads to us plebes debating how to best ration ice.
Man, no wonder they always win....." Lonesomebri

^Rhino!

Postby ^Rhino! » Mon Nov 28, 2016 10:47 am

theCryptofishist wrote:Rhino, Ph.D.
You wouldn't want my mother to start putting you in the same category as Dr. Joyce Brothers, who seemed to think "Doctor" was her first name.

That's a good thought, Crypto. Miss you, btw....

**Rhino opens up the folder with his next example**

There are some very smart people who build machinery and the electronic technogoodies involved in the use of that machinery. There are two major manufacturers of horizontal directional drilling equipment specializing in utility installation in the US...Charles Machine Works (of Perry, Oklahoma) a.k.a. "Ditch Witch", and Vermeer Manufacturing of Pella, Iowa. Both have an impressive number of people in their facilities with PhDs.

That is, until you realize the joke's on you. PhD= Perry high school Diploma or Pella high school Diploma depending upon which company you're with.
Rue Morgue - '08, '09
(lux, veritas, lardum)

Return to “ePlaya Feedback”