Delete account?

We're doing it wrong...we know
Post Reply
User avatar
haleigh
Posts: 23
Joined: Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:04 pm
Burning Since: 2015

Delete account?

Post by haleigh » Sun Mar 03, 2013 5:08 pm

I have searched both google and eplaya with no apparent results (either I'm blind, or way more technologically impaired than I previously thought). Do I need a mod to delete my account? If so, can someone please lend me a hand?

Thanks!

User avatar
Savannah
Moderator
Posts: 12582
Joined: Mon Sep 01, 2008 8:33 pm
Burning Since: 2018

Re: Delete account?

Post by Savannah » Sun Mar 03, 2013 5:27 pm

Send a PM to Trilobyte. He won't delete your posts, but he can close your account.
*** 2018 Survival Guide ***

"I must've lost it when I was twerking at the trash fence." -- BBadger

"Snark away, ePlaya, you magnificent bastards." -- McStrangle

User avatar
haleigh
Posts: 23
Joined: Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:04 pm
Burning Since: 2015

Re: Delete account?

Post by haleigh » Sun Mar 03, 2013 5:36 pm

Thanks so much!

User avatar
junglesmacks
Posts: 5820
Joined: Wed May 26, 2010 9:54 pm
Burning Since: 2018
Location: Your mom's tent

Re: Delete account?

Post by junglesmacks » Sun Mar 03, 2013 7:06 pm

lolz
Savannah wrote:It sounds freaky & wrong, so you need to do it.

User avatar
Sham
Moderator
Posts: 8494
Joined: Thu Oct 23, 2008 2:10 am
Location: The hidden mythical place.....

Re: Delete account?

Post by Sham » Mon Mar 04, 2013 4:12 am

You can just ignore and not post on eplaya or you can change your password to something you won't remember.
I think it would be a good thing to continue reading on eplaya, so you'll be prepared when you come to the playa in 3 years.

If the self-control to post is a problem, then Trilo (as mentioned) can deactivate the account.

User avatar
MacGlenver
Posts: 873
Joined: Thu Feb 09, 2012 5:11 pm
Burning Since: 2011
Camp Name: I call this one 'Old Gregg'

Re: Delete account?

Post by MacGlenver » Mon Mar 04, 2013 6:53 am

:( You almost made it. You did receive a rougher welcome than anyone I've seen (except for those that deserved it). It was the perfect storm of misunderstanding & scepticism. Come back to us one of these days. :)
"just two indecisive cowboys, trying to play a word game." - piehole
"Just apply intelligence and discretion and you should be able to get away with just about anything." - Ugly Dougly

User avatar
BBadger
Posts: 5871
Joined: Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:37 am
Burning Since: 2010
Location: (near) Portland, OR, USA

Re: Delete account?

Post by BBadger » Mon Mar 04, 2013 6:36 pm

So silly.
"The essence of tyranny is not iron law. It is capricious law." -- Christopher Hitchens

Hate reading my replies? Click here to add me to your plonk (foe) list.

User avatar
knowmad
Posts: 3291
Joined: Fri Dec 25, 2009 10:33 pm
Burning Since: 2009
Camp Name: 09-11 Specialist Clan
12 BWS BDV/DPB
Location: Puget Sound

Re: Delete account?

Post by knowmad » Mon Mar 04, 2013 7:13 pm

why am I always the last to find out about these kinda things?
............................................Image...........................................
Oh yeah, this year I was totally twerping out at the fence. ~Lonesombri

User avatar
haleigh
Posts: 23
Joined: Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:04 pm
Burning Since: 2015

Re: Delete account?

Post by haleigh » Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:41 pm

I'm still here. Just got frustrated, woo! Lots of nice messages and suggestions to stick around. So I am :)

User avatar
Savannah
Moderator
Posts: 12582
Joined: Mon Sep 01, 2008 8:33 pm
Burning Since: 2018

Re: Delete account?

Post by Savannah » Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:44 pm

Yay!
*** 2018 Survival Guide ***

"I must've lost it when I was twerking at the trash fence." -- BBadger

"Snark away, ePlaya, you magnificent bastards." -- McStrangle

User avatar
ygmir
Posts: 29387
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2007 8:36 pm
Burning Since: 2017
Camp Name: qqqq
Location: nevada county

Re: Delete account?

Post by ygmir » Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:45 pm

haleigh wrote:I'm still here. Just got frustrated, woo! Lots of nice messages and suggestions to stick around. So I am :)

good for you.

you shoulda seen the shit storm fire breathing initiation I got, "way back when".........some of those guys were down right mean. made me cry.
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan

User avatar
Savannah
Moderator
Posts: 12582
Joined: Mon Sep 01, 2008 8:33 pm
Burning Since: 2018

Re: Delete account?

Post by Savannah » Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:46 pm

ygmir wrote:
haleigh wrote:I'm still here. Just got frustrated, woo! Lots of nice messages and suggestions to stick around. So I am :)

good for you.

you shoulda seen the shit storm fire breathing initiation I got, "way back when".........some of those guys were down right mean. made me cry.
Did you really? :o
*** 2018 Survival Guide ***

"I must've lost it when I was twerking at the trash fence." -- BBadger

"Snark away, ePlaya, you magnificent bastards." -- McStrangle

User avatar
MacGlenver
Posts: 873
Joined: Thu Feb 09, 2012 5:11 pm
Burning Since: 2011
Camp Name: I call this one 'Old Gregg'

Re: Delete account?

Post by MacGlenver » Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:47 pm

Savannah wrote:Did you really? :o
^ seconded... :o
"just two indecisive cowboys, trying to play a word game." - piehole
"Just apply intelligence and discretion and you should be able to get away with just about anything." - Ugly Dougly

User avatar
ygmir
Posts: 29387
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2007 8:36 pm
Burning Since: 2017
Camp Name: qqqq
Location: nevada county

Re: Delete account?

Post by ygmir » Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:50 pm

MacGlenver wrote:
Savannah wrote:Did you really? :o
^ seconded... :o
damn yeah: I felt like quitting several times.
it was like trying to be the new kid in the sand box, berated, ignored, belittled. it was tough.
a few "gems" encouraged me, to stick it out, though. I'm glad I did, but wow. And I've seen some rough treatment doled out, too.
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan

User avatar
Savannah
Moderator
Posts: 12582
Joined: Mon Sep 01, 2008 8:33 pm
Burning Since: 2018

Re: Delete account?

Post by Savannah » Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:03 pm

The only reason I wasn't hazed is because I crept in rather quietly. That, and I'd already burned before, so I didn't really have any questions. No one had anything to seize hold of.
ygmir wrote:
MacGlenver wrote:
Savannah wrote:Did you really? :o
^ seconded... :o
damn yeah: I felt like quitting several times.
it was like trying to be the new kid in the sand box, berated, ignored, belittled. it was tough.
a few "gems" encouraged me, to stick it out, though. I'm glad I did, but wow. And I've seen some rough treatment doled out, too.
I'm glad you stuck it out. It's hard to imagine you not being here.
*** 2018 Survival Guide ***

"I must've lost it when I was twerking at the trash fence." -- BBadger

"Snark away, ePlaya, you magnificent bastards." -- McStrangle

User avatar
ygmir
Posts: 29387
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2007 8:36 pm
Burning Since: 2017
Camp Name: qqqq
Location: nevada county

Re: Delete account?

Post by ygmir » Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:18 pm

ygmir wrote:
MacGlenver wrote:
Savannah wrote:Did you really? :o
^ seconded... :o
damn yeah: I felt like quitting several times.
it was like trying to be the new kid in the sand box, berated, ignored, belittled. it was tough.
a few "gems" encouraged me, to stick it out, though. I'm glad I did, but wow. And I've seen some rough treatment doled out, too.
Savannah wrote:The only reason I wasn't hazed is because I crept in rather quietly. That, and I'd already burned before, so I didn't really have any questions. No one had anything to seize hold of.

I'm glad you stuck it out. It's hard to imagine you not being here.
that so nice..............thanks Savanah. smooch.


and had I thought of your method above, in red, I see now I could have made it much easier by jumping in cold water, first.
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan

User avatar
mgb327
Posts: 1084
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2011 6:20 pm
Location: Somerset, Va.

Re: Delete account?

Post by mgb327 » Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:43 pm

I think in my first post or 3, I was the junebug, and Simon was the duck. I was thinking...WTF! is going on here, bunch of fuckers. I got over it....I think.....
Dogs are the leaders of the planet. If you see two life forms, one of them’s making a poop, the other one’s carrying it for him, who would you assume is in charge?
" I am a controlled substance". Savannah.

User avatar
burner von braun
Posts: 1481
Joined: Wed Jun 23, 2010 4:37 pm
Burning Since: 2010

Re: Delete account?

Post by burner von braun » Wed Mar 06, 2013 4:27 pm

Glad you're still with us haleigh!!

..and as a general suggestion to all you eplaya darktards floating around out there in the shadows..

Lurk before you leap!

User avatar
tamarakay
Posts: 3115
Joined: Fri Oct 22, 2010 6:27 pm
Burning Since: 2011
Camp Name: Dye with Dignity
Location: Texas
Contact:

Re: Delete account?

Post by tamarakay » Wed Mar 06, 2013 5:34 pm

Ken and I lurked for a while. I told him I was going to create an account and he was worried lol. I very carefully considered my introduction thread. I think my biggest mistake was not reading enough of the Fuck thread before jumping in. Fishy very nicely corrected me.

Isotopia had me scared, she was in full fine form back then. Miss that alot.

As they say, never confuse Eplaya with the Playa. And really, don't think that the Playa is all sweet and Namaste either. There are snarky bastards everywhere.
When the only tool you got is a hammer, every problem looks like a hippie.

Mmmmmm I love the smell of Burning Man - Token

Getting overly dramatic about the ticket sale process is so 2012. - Maladroit


http://www.dyewithdignity.com

User avatar
theCryptofishist
Posts: 40313
Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2004 9:28 am
Burning Since: 2017
Location: In Exile

Re: Delete account?

Post by theCryptofishist » Wed Mar 06, 2013 6:57 pm

Whatever one wants to say about tattoogoddess, she has grit. She got all sorts of shit, and kept coming back. It's on multiple threads, so I can really direct you to one place to read that, but take my word, you're getting it bad, but as of right now, she had it worse.
The Lady with a Lamprey

"The powerful are exploiting people, art and ideas, and this leads to us plebes debating how to best ration ice.
Man, no wonder they always win....." Lonesomebri

User avatar
Kinetik V
Posts: 1653
Joined: Fri Sep 07, 2007 10:43 am
Burning Since: 2002
Camp Name: Sanctuary West

Re: Delete account?

Post by Kinetik V » Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:05 pm

I'm reading this and thinking back to the hell DVD Burner got put through...out of everyone that's ever been on the board I think he caught the worst flak of all.
Kinetic V
~~~~~~
I bring order to chaos. And I bring chaos to those who deserve it, wherever that may be.

User avatar
ygmir
Posts: 29387
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2007 8:36 pm
Burning Since: 2017
Camp Name: qqqq
Location: nevada county

Re: Delete account?

Post by ygmir » Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:12 pm

Kinetik V wrote:I'm reading this and thinking back to the hell DVD Burner got put through...out of everyone that's ever been on the board I think he caught the worst flak of all.
I liked a lot about him.........but he brought a lot of what happened on to himself.
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan

User avatar
Kinetik V
Posts: 1653
Joined: Fri Sep 07, 2007 10:43 am
Burning Since: 2002
Camp Name: Sanctuary West

Re: Delete account?

Post by Kinetik V » Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:56 pm

ygmir wrote:
Kinetik V wrote:I'm reading this and thinking back to the hell DVD Burner got put through...out of everyone that's ever been on the board I think he caught the worst flak of all.
I liked a lot about him.........but he brought a lot of what happened on to himself.
A lot, yes. But not all. I consider him a friend to this day as we had many shared experiences...and common frenemies. And even a few shared bonafide enemies.
I look back at all that and kind of miss it only because that was back when I had free time. Now free time seems to be scarce...free time these days is a few minutes waiting for a flight or some time after my 3 year old goes to sleep.

In any case the eplaya these days is a much better place than it used to be and a great resource of info...I'm glad it's still around.
Kinetic V
~~~~~~
I bring order to chaos. And I bring chaos to those who deserve it, wherever that may be.

User avatar
ygmir
Posts: 29387
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2007 8:36 pm
Burning Since: 2017
Camp Name: qqqq
Location: nevada county

Re: Delete account?

Post by ygmir » Thu Mar 07, 2013 6:59 am

Kinetik V wrote:
ygmir wrote:
Kinetik V wrote:I'm reading this and thinking back to the hell DVD Burner got put through...out of everyone that's ever been on the board I think he caught the worst flak of all.
I liked a lot about him.........but he brought a lot of what happened on to himself.
A lot, yes. But not all. I consider him a friend to this day as we had many shared experiences...and common frenemies. And even a few shared bonafide enemies.
I look back at all that and kind of miss it only because that was back when I had free time. Now free time seems to be scarce...free time these days is a few minutes waiting for a flight or some time after my 3 year old goes to sleep.

In any case the eplaya these days is a much better place than it used to be and a great resource of info...I'm glad it's still around.
I agree.
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan

User avatar
theCryptofishist
Posts: 40313
Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2004 9:28 am
Burning Since: 2017
Location: In Exile

Re: Delete account?

Post by theCryptofishist » Thu Mar 07, 2013 4:05 pm

I can't believe the boy's three already!
The Lady with a Lamprey

"The powerful are exploiting people, art and ideas, and this leads to us plebes debating how to best ration ice.
Man, no wonder they always win....." Lonesomebri

User avatar
tattoogoddess
Posts: 2100
Joined: Wed Sep 14, 2011 5:22 pm
Burning Since: 2012
Location: Des Moines, Iowa

Re: Delete account?

Post by tattoogoddess » Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:36 am

theCryptofishist wrote:Whatever one wants to say about tattoogoddess, she has grit. She got all sorts of shit, and kept coming back. It's on multiple threads, so I can really direct you to one place to read that, but take my word, you're getting it bad, but as of right now, she had it worse.

And I'm still here. Take this place with a grain of salt. The playa is a different place but as stated, snarky asshats there to. Just keep truckin... You will get there.
maladroit- Burning Man is like a second job, except you pay to work there.
Burning Man is just the pre party for exodus! - fellow burner during exodus

User avatar
SaritaSyrah
Posts: 136
Joined: Fri Jan 06, 2012 12:50 pm
Burning Since: 2012
Camp Name: Dye With Dignity
Location: San Antonio, Tx

Re: Delete account?

Post by SaritaSyrah » Wed Apr 03, 2013 8:24 pm

ygmir wrote:
MacGlenver wrote:
Savannah wrote:Did you really? :o
^ seconded... :o
damn yeah: I felt like quitting several times.
it was like trying to be the new kid in the sand box, berated, ignored, belittled. it was tough.
a few "gems" encouraged me, to stick it out, though. I'm glad I did, but wow. And I've seen some rough treatment doled out, too.
He's such a small, little guy. His feelings get hurt quite easily. Tiny sprout of a fellow, really.
BURN SHIT!

Post Reply

Return to “ePlaya Feedback”