Reply function.

We're doing it wrong...we know
kiboy
Burning Since: 2000

Reply function.

Postby kiboy » Mon Oct 06, 2014 10:20 pm

I seem to have a lot of trouble knowing who's talking to whom or who is replying to something I said on many of the threads here. May I suggest a reply function that can be used to highlight who you are actually talking to when you post.

Edit postEdit Reply to this postReply Reply to this postQuote Quick ReplyQuick Reply

Here's^^^ an example of how it works/looks on another forum I belong to. If you want to reply to someone without quoting long passages or multiple quotes you just click on "Reply to this post" . Then your reply will be addressed to that person specifically. I can image how difficult it must be for newbs to keep track of what is going on here at times. I'm an old hand at posting online but most of the time here I'm confused to some degree as to who is talking to me specifically or who is talking/replying to whom.

Just a suggestion for a smoother and friendlier operation.

Don't believe everything you think.

tamarakay
Burning Since: 2011
Camp Name: Dye with Dignity

Re: Reply function.

Postby tamarakay » Tue Oct 07, 2014 10:02 am

kiboy wrote:I seem to have a lot of trouble knowing who's talking to whom or who is replying to something I said on many of the threads here. May I suggest a reply function that can be used to highlight who you are actually talking to when you post.

Edit postEdit Reply to this postReply Reply to this postQuote Quick ReplyQuick Reply

Here's^^^ an example of how it works/looks on another forum I belong to. If you want to reply to someone without quoting long passages or multiple quotes you just click on "Reply to this post" . Then your reply will be addressed to that person specifically. I can image how difficult it must be for newbs to keep track of what is going on here at times. I'm an old hand at posting online but most of the time here I'm confused to some degree as to who is talking to me specifically or who is talking/replying to whom.

Use quote.
When the only tool you got is a hammer, every problem looks like a hippie.

Mmmmmm I love the smell of Burning Man - Token

Getting overly dramatic about the ticket sale process is so 2012. - Maladroit

http://www.dyewithdignity.com

tamarakay
Burning Since: 2011
Camp Name: Dye with Dignity

Postby tamarakay » Tue Oct 07, 2014 10:03 am

kiboy wrote:I seem to have a lot of trouble knowing who's talking to whom or who is replying to something I said on many of the threads here. May I suggest a reply function that can be used to highlight who you are actually talking to when you post.

Here's^^^ an example of how it works/looks on another forum I belong to. If you want to reply to someone without quoting long

And you can edit out the part you aren't replying too.

Also, stay on topic in threads.
When the only tool you got is a hammer, every problem looks like a hippie.

Mmmmmm I love the smell of Burning Man - Token

Getting overly dramatic about the ticket sale process is so 2012. - Maladroit

http://www.dyewithdignity.com

kiboy

Postby kiboy » Tue Oct 07, 2014 12:29 pm

I've been posting in online forums for 9+ years and I've never seen a thread that didn't drift sooner or later. It's like asking the sun not to shine.

SaritaSyrah
Burning Since: 2012
Camp Name: Dye With Dignity

Postby SaritaSyrah » Tue Oct 07, 2014 4:13 pm

tamarakay wrote:

Use quote.

It's like MAGIC
BURN SHIT!

kiboy

Postby kiboy » Tue Oct 07, 2014 5:05 pm

It's like MAGIC

OK I get it.

Well it was just a suggestion. Image

SaritaSyrah
Burning Since: 2012
Camp Name: Dye With Dignity

Postby SaritaSyrah » Tue Oct 07, 2014 7:28 pm

That baby makes me feel so many feels.
BURN SHIT!

kiboy

Postby kiboy » Tue Oct 07, 2014 8:38 pm

Cute little bugger. Makes you want to pick him up and make it all better.

trilobyte
Site Admin
Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Eridu Society

Postby trilobyte » Tue Oct 14, 2014 10:28 am

Sorry, we're sticking with the way the PHPBB software was designed to work. Sorry if that may take you some getting used to, but on the upside the software is fairly well known and widely used, there should be plenty of documentation and information available on the internet to help you get acclimated.

Return to “ePlaya Feedback”