Commerce Policy FAQ

We're doing it wrong...we know
trilobyte
Site Admin
Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Eridu Society

Commerce Policy FAQ

Postby trilobyte » Wed Apr 22, 2015 8:01 am

This thread is for frequently asked questions regarding the new Commerce Policy. Post your questions and comments in the feedback thread, as it can help guide us in what should be added to this page.

Q: Can I advertise my business startup/fundraiser campaign?
A: No. At this time, the fundraisers we allow on the board are limited to on-playa art projects and Burning Man theme camps.

Q: Can I advertise my new book, documentary, movie, etc?
A: If your book or film is a Burning Man-approved media project, then yes.

Q: Can I advertise my (or my band's) album?
A: No. We don't doubt that it's great, but that is outside the scope of what we allow on ePlaya at this time.

Q: Can I advertise my vehicle/trailer/RV for sale?
A: No. We don't doubt that it's great or that it could make a great base vehicle for a mutant vehicle, but that is outside the scope of what we allow on ePlaya at this time.

Q: Can I offer discounts?
A: Absolutely! What we ask is the the discount offer and time periods are spelled out clearly in the listing.

Q: Can I advertise items for a negotiable or best offer price?
A: No, we allow listings of items for sale at a fixed price only. Any price negotiations between potential buyers and sellers should take place via private message between interested parties.

Q: Can I advertise items for barter or trade?
A: No, we allow listings of items for sale at a fixed price only.

Q: Can I advertise my auction listings?
A: No, we allow listings of items for sale at a fixed price only.

Q: Can I send email or private messages to other ePlaya users to offer goods or services?
A: Absolutely not! You may post listings per the posted guidelines only. Any business or individual found to be sending unsolicited advertising through ePlaya will have all listings removed and access to the site suspended immediately.

Q: I don't want to see commercial posts on ePlaya. How can I turn this off?
A: We have created an opt-out group to allow you to turn off seeing all the posts in the 'Show Your Support' category. Follow the instructions in this post.

Q: Can I post more often than the guidelines allow? I've just finished/received an awesome new item!
A: Sorry, but no you may not. Be patient, and if the item is still available after the time period has elapsed you can add it then.

Return to “ePlaya Feedback”