Empty subforums?

We're doing it wrong...we know
sparr
Burning Since: 2015

Empty subforums?

Postby sparr » Thu Feb 04, 2016 3:28 pm

I've been having trouble figuring out where to post some new threads lately. I go into some subforums and try to get a feel for the types of posts that are usual there and I see them mostly or even completely empty. Is there something wrong? Am I missing something?

Example: I see only 4 posts in this forum: https://eplaya.burningman.org/viewforum.php?f=459
If you want to make a reply about my personality instead of about what this thread is about, don't clutter this thread, post over here instead.

AntiM
Burning Since: 2001
Camp Name: Anti M's Home for Wayward Art

Re: Empty subforums?

Postby AntiM » Thu Feb 04, 2016 5:25 pm

Some forums are archived when the year ends, and new year-specific forums added in . The one you linked is just for 2016. You can look at past years for ideas, although that may not be perfect, as there has been a lot of rearranging and renaming recently. The forums will begin to take off now that the ticket info has been released, and the board as a while picks up in the spring. It simply is early days yet.

If you have a question where something belongs, just shoot any of the mods a note, or post it where you think it belongs. If it needs to be moved, we can do that, and will let you know. No problem. The sub-forum descriptions are one level up, for example, click on Event Preparation and there are brief blurbs for each sub-forum.
http://burningman.org/timeline/

Poke me to experience my gooey insides!

sparr
Burning Since: 2015

Postby sparr » Fri Feb 05, 2016 12:40 am

Ahh, so the 2016 forums are for the calendar year 2016, not Oct 2015 - Sep 2016? That explains a lot.
If you want to make a reply about my personality instead of about what this thread is about, don't clutter this thread, post over here instead.

AntiM
Burning Since: 2001
Camp Name: Anti M's Home for Wayward Art

Postby AntiM » Fri Feb 05, 2016 5:09 am

sparr wrote:Ahh, so the 2016 forums are for the calendar year 2016, not Oct 2015 - Sep 2016? That explains a lot.

Well, yes and no. Some forums are closed earlier than others, some open later. There is some wiggle room, no hard and fast dates.
http://burningman.org/timeline/

Poke me to experience my gooey insides!

trilobyte
Site Admin
Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Eridu Society

Postby trilobyte » Fri Feb 05, 2016 12:56 pm

In the case of the forum you're posting about, that is a new forum that was added in early December. You can read more about that here. I hope that info helps - if you're not sure, you can either ask any member of the mod team, or just use your best guess and don't worry if it ends up getting nudged into another forum at some point.

Return to “ePlaya Feedback”