What is Recommendations for?

We're doing it wrong...we know
BBadger
Burning Since: 2018

What is Recommendations for?

Postby BBadger » Fri Aug 11, 2017 5:16 pm

I saw that one of the posts in "Event Preparation" was moved to "Recommendations" in the "Show your support" category. Is there really a need for "Recommendations" seeing that nearly all the posts in Event Preparation are recommendation posts of some form or another? Its presence in "Show your support" doesn't make much sense either, as the posts aren't necessarily suppose to recommend burner-ish businesses, etc. the way the "Burner Businesses" forum already does.

Hell, the entire Show your support section could be subsumed into the The Network category.
"The essence of tyranny is not iron law. It is capricious law." -- Christopher Hitchens

Hate reading my replies? Click here to add me to your plonk (foe) list.

trilobyte
Site Admin
Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Eridu Society

Re: What is Recommendations for?

Postby trilobyte » Fri Aug 11, 2017 5:25 pm

It's explained in the posted Commerce Policy, which can be found linked at the bottom of every page and I think is at thetop of the Recommendations board.

The first line of the description sums it up simply:
Recommendations - this is the place where you can ask for or offer recommendations for event-related goods and services.

Basically, the 'what do I buy' or 'hey buy this' threads belong there, and not under Event Preparation or any other main category. That allows a clean separation on the commerce posts.

BBadger
Burning Since: 2018

Re: What is Recommendations for?

Postby BBadger » Fri Aug 11, 2017 5:40 pm

Ah gotcha, it keeps overt commerce related prep posts from the product recommendations that come up during conversation.
"The essence of tyranny is not iron law. It is capricious law." -- Christopher Hitchens

Hate reading my replies? Click here to add me to your plonk (foe) list.

Return to “ePlaya Feedback”