Arctic Cove 18-Volt Two Speed Misting Bucket Top Fan

This is the place where you can ask for or offer recommendations for event-related goods and services.
BrotherNomad
Burning Since: 2014

Arctic Cove 18-Volt Two Speed Misting Bucket Top Fan

Postby BrotherNomad » Thu Feb 16, 2017 6:24 pm

Here is a gadget to keep cool while outside at BRC: Arctic Cove 18-Volt Two Speed Misting Bucket Top Fan.
It runs from Ryobi One power tool batteries and is designed to sit on top of a 5 gallon bucket, and can draw its water from it.

It does need electric power like the FIGJAM bucket cooler & doesn't have the option to power direct from 12v DC. To get around this, buy a WaterProof (12V to 18V) (10A) (180W) DC/DC Step-UP Power Converter Regulator and wire it up to run from a car battery.

BBadger
Burning Since: 2018

Re: Arctic Cove 18-Volt Two Speed Misting Bucket Top Fan

Postby BBadger » Thu Feb 16, 2017 9:58 pm

As good as these may be, this is drifting precariously close to product advertising.
"The essence of tyranny is not iron law. It is capricious law." -- Christopher Hitchens

Hate reading my replies? Click here to add me to your plonk (foe) list.

FlyingMonkey

Postby FlyingMonkey » Fri Feb 17, 2017 4:44 am

BBadger wrote:As good as these may be, this is drifting precariously close to product advertising.

First thing I thought.

Then my second thought was that it was more fun making my spray bar mister for my shade structure.
In your wildest dreams you can not imagine the marvelous SURPRISES that await YOU.

AntiM
Burning Since: 2001
Camp Name: Anti M's Home for Wayward Art

Postby AntiM » Fri Feb 17, 2017 4:58 am

Mod note: moved to Recommendations are this is indeed, as BBadger says, "precariously close to product advertising." If it were a reply in an existing thread, then it would have stayed in Cooling, but as a stand alone product recommendation, it belongs here.
http://burningman.org/timeline/

Poke me to experience my gooey insides!

trilobyte
Site Admin
Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Eridu Society

Postby trilobyte » Tue Feb 21, 2017 7:59 am

How did this work out for you on the playa? Did you end up using it with the power converter you mentioned, or did you use the Ryobi tool batteries. If the batteries, which kind and how long did it get on a charge?

Return to “Recommendations”