Potable Water Delivery Service on Playa

This is the place where you can ask for or offer recommendations for event-related goods and services.
KoniQueen
Burning Since: 2015
Camp Name: Que Viva!

Potable Water Delivery Service on Playa

Postby KoniQueen » Mon Aug 07, 2017 2:43 pm

It looks Meco is no longer taking reservations for those in need of potable water delivered to their camp (we have our own containers that need to be filled). Are there any other delivery services on Playa? According to the Burning Man blog it's just Meco. I'm wondering if there are any recommendations on alternatives. I'm assuming our only option is to fill our barrels in Reno and haul them in ourselves. If anyone knows of other solutions, please let me know! <3

GreyCoyote
Burning Since: 2000

Re: Potable Water Delivery Service on Playa

Postby GreyCoyote » Mon Aug 07, 2017 3:05 pm

You can fill them in Gerlach! Google it. It makes for a much shorter haul and the cause is good.
"To sum up my compassion level, I think we should feed the unwanted animals to the homeless. Or visa versa. Too much attention and money is spent on both."
(A Beautiful Mind)

trilobyte
Site Admin
Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Eridu Society

Postby trilobyte » Mon Aug 14, 2017 11:08 am

Since the BLM started enforcing the rules (if some part of your business operations take place on federal land, you must obtain an SRP or face heavy fines), pretty much all the other operators went away. Obtaining a special recreation permit takes months, I don't anticipate anybody else popping up last minute.

+1 to GreyCoyote, filling in Gerlach is much closer and a good cause. More info (including hours) can be found on the main site.

Admiral Fukkit
Burning Since: 2000
Camp Name: Camp I'm going to Hawaii instead

Postby Admiral Fukkit » Mon Aug 14, 2017 11:14 am

KoniQueen wrote:fill our barrels in Reno and haul them in ourselves.

Radical self reliance baby

Return to “Recommendations”