Taxi Jacks Pedicab Stolen after Temple Burn!

Taxi Jack
Burning Since: 2008
Camp Name: East Bay CORE

Taxi Jacks Pedicab Stolen after Temple Burn!

Post by Taxi Jack » Thu Sep 10, 2015 6:14 pm

red pedicab small 4.jpg
Taxi Jack red Pedicab Burning Man 2012
Just an hour after the Temple fell, I was with 5 friends watching a beautiful installation called Firmament= "http://www.pbase.com/schardt/firmament"
After just 10 min watching this light show, we all turned around to go back to my three wheel red Pedicab, and it was gone! Was is up with that?!?!
It has my name "TAXI JACK" in 12" high El Wire on the back. What kind of asshat would steal that?! I use the bike to gift rides to tired worn out Burners, take them back home from Arctica, or deep Playa, or to Medical Services, or a Dance Party, wherever. I've been doing this since 2008, I'm sure there are many people on this board I've gifted rides to. It always surprises people when I offer my gift of service, the gratitude has always been very heartfelt and genuine. But now someone took away not just my property, but the ability for me to gift!

That really grinds my bones!! GGGGGRRRrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrooooooooooooooowwwwwLLLLLLL !!!!!!

Yes, I notified the Rangers and Police, Gate and made an announcement on BMIR, I Drove the entire Playa, deep and near, carefully went over all of the esplanade, center camp, 2, 3, 4;30, 6 7;30, 9 & 10 o'clock streets as well as A, G & H streets, I spent hours and hours looking, I'm confident now it wasn't just a joyrider, but an actual theft. Fukers!!!!!

What the hell happened this year with theft? It seemed rampant, 5 bikes for my theme camp of 30 Burners, that's a high number, lots of people I met had theirs stolen as well.....and if you don't that's bad, well, even the Temple was stolen from this year! a couple thousands dollars worth of copper!

I'm willing to pay $$ to get my beloved Pedicab back
Attachments
red pedicab 3 small file.png
red pedicab 3 small file.png (121.5 KiB) Viewed 994 times
Gritty not pretty

Return to “Lost Bikes”