Found: Black Knife, Benchmade Doug Ritter

nikster

Found: Black Knife, Benchmade Doug Ritter

Postby nikster » Tue Nov 03, 2015 8:23 am

TL;DR: I found a black knife, Brand Benchmade (Doug Ritter). Has three digit serial number which will be used to verify owner.

Long version: I was out in the middle of the deep playa, when I saw a little black folding knife in the sand. It was completely covered in dust. I picked it up as moop. I figured that the owner is never going to find it here, in the middle of nowhere. I mean, I have lost entire bicycles in the playa- what's the chances of finding a knife in this vast space. I also figured that nobody would make the effort and stand in line for 3 hours at burning man lost and found for what I estimated to be a $30 item. So I kept it, better than it ending up in a lost and found graveyard somewhere.

It's been in a drawer ever since but as I was somewhat randomly using this knife today to cut cheese, I got intrigued and decided to find out what kind of a knife it is. Turns out it's a limited edition run with a serial number, one of 240 made. Sort of a knife enthusiast's knife. So as much as i'm drooling over this little piece of metal perfection, I am sure the owner would really love to get it back. And Id love to arrange for that.

Is it yours? Contact me and I'll have it sent to you.

Return to “Found Equipment & Tools”