Taxi fundraiser for Golides Ponies - Disability Services

Find out more about projects that need your help, and how you can show them support. Please note: only on-playa projects may be listed.
playastewart
Burning Since: 2011
Camp Name: Nowhere

Taxi fundraiser for Golides Ponies - Disability Services

Post by playastewart » Sun Jan 18, 2015 1:56 am

Hey fellow burners!

This year I will be starting a new partnership with Camp Mobility.

During last years entrance and rain fiasco, I've witnessed several disabled and wheelchair bound burners sadly hunched over waiting in line for will call tickets, unable to get to the portos during rain, or even just those that weren't disabled to start and had to sit at camp due to an injury (it is incredibly hard to get an art cart to pick you up out in the burbs ya know). Let's get together as a community and radically include them. Everyone is welcome at burning man.

I've seen a huge increase in the number of alternativly-abled burners in the last few years and am answering the call.

So I'm starting a new service ... "Goldies Ponies"

Goldies Ponies offers a service request board at Camp Mobility located in Center Camp.
Anyone can sign up for ride pick ups from your camp to ours, rides back from the Camp Mobility wheelchair accessible art cars, playa tours with friends if you broke your ass on playa and can't get around, bike tours with your friends, help with load in and out, ice runs and cooler drains, camp set up, wheelchair repair (I'm still learning, bare with me) and any request the fine alternativily-abled burners might have. The Golden Pony ranch is here to give ya a lift up on playa. This will start small as a pedi cab and volunteer sign up board in front of camp mobility. The possibilities after such are endless.

Please help me at least raise enough to start building out my trike taxi. If I don't have the funds I can't start the build. I thank you all so much in advance, and who knows, I may be picking your friend up and taking them out on an art tour with ya'll.

You can find out about the project here http://goldiesponies.com. Thanks!
Direct donation link:

Lovies,

Elise (aka Goldie of Goldies Ponies)
Please note that Goldies Ponies is partnered with Camp Mobility, but they do not run the board or services for pick ups, they have a lot goin on givin all those art tours and being rad ;-)

some seeing eye
Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: Woo

Re: Taxi fundraiser for Golides Ponies - Disability Services

Post by some seeing eye » Sun Jan 18, 2015 2:31 pm

I like the drift of this! The bigger the city and the more arrivers by public transit, the greater the need. In the past, Mobility Camp has been on the grid for charging alter-abled MVs and Snow Koan charges if you can leave the battery with them.
increasing the signal to noise ratio with compassion

ttetsumako
Burning Since: 1986

Post by ttetsumako » Thu Feb 12, 2015 3:13 am

Thanks for sharing such info, Keep it up!!
raza

playastewart

Post by playastewart » Thu Feb 12, 2015 11:38 pm

Still have only raised enough for about half the initial trike or sidecar purchase for my pedi taxi.
If you or anyone you know has ever been stuck at camp due to an injury, would you support a program like a taxi/pedi cab system for the alternativley abled? If so please give us a lil love, I'm trying for ya! http://goldiesponies.com/

Any help really helps. Thanks so much!

Elise

playastewart

Post by playastewart » Tue Jun 30, 2015 4:01 pm

Thought I'd update on my progress, I found a sidecar and mod'd it and reinforced it for a bigger bike, then reupholstered it. I took my parents out for a ride and it works! I still have to make the taxi sign up/taxi stand that will go in front of Mobility Camp. I'll try and find some advice on here on good windproof sign options out there. Anyway thanks to those that have donated, it got me this far. Now I'm broke again, so any help it much appreciated. Thanks all!
http://goldiesponies.com/

Return to “2015 On-Playa Project Fundraisers”