Fundraiser: Mudskippers' Hydrating Smoothies!

Find out more about projects that need your help, and how you can show them support. Please note: only on-playa projects may be listed.
Captain Who
Burning Since: 2014
Camp Name: Mudskippers

Fundraiser: Mudskippers' Hydrating Smoothies!

Post by Captain Who » Sat Mar 28, 2015 2:55 pm

Hopefully some of you came by the Mudskippers Urban Decay Café at 7:45 & G last year because we were serving up some delicious fruit smoothies! We had a line each day quite literally out the door and so we're going to extend our days and hours this year!

To ensure we will have enough supplies to hydrate the hundreds of people that stop in and relax in our shaded café whilst sipping on one of our hand-made, frozen, delicious smoothies, we started an indiego-go. With the help of Burners who crave the luxury of a frozen fruit piece of heaven in the playa heat, we hope to hit the ball out of the park this year! We also host a ton of other events to share with the community such as coffee workshops :coffee: , a Whitney Houston dance party (before we head over to the Pickle Joint to merge with Madonnapocalypse), yoga, meditation, a craft lounge, and more!

We've got some cool items to give away as perks. The photos there are rough sketches while we have our graphic designer add in a little bit more. And the cool thing about our pendants (the Level 2 perk) is that, providing everything goes well with the design and materials, they are going to be a mirrored pendant (you know, since it's Carnival of Mirrors and all). :D

If you didn't make it last year, come visit us this year! It's like a real café where you get seated, your order is taken, and your smoothie brought over to your table! All with cool tunes in the background!! So please consider making a donation and also come visit us!!

Here it is!! :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: http://igg.me/at/mudskippers/x/5778262

Elderberry
Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Mudskipper Cafe

Re: Fundraiser: Mudskippers' Hydrating Smoothies!

Post by Elderberry » Sat Mar 28, 2015 2:58 pm

And a craft lounge next door to make cool studded bracelets and other fun items to wear on the playa while you're waiting for a table, I might add. :D
JK
http://www.mudskippercafe.com
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle.
Then I realized that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me

BoyScoutGirl
Camp Name: Lamplighters!

Post by BoyScoutGirl » Mon Mar 30, 2015 10:46 am

My friend and I had the pleasure of stumbling upon Mudskippers' Cafe last year. We had no idea that the cafe was... well, a cafe! With waiters and a maitre d' and everything. We were seated together and then bribed the waiter into bringing new friends to the table (read: others who we'd never met who were waiting in line). It was a great time and the smoothies were amazing. I wish you guys the best for this year!

I like the mirrored pendant idea.
When he lights his streetlamp, it is as if he brought one more star to life, or one flower.
When he puts out his lamp, he sends the flower, or the star, to sleep.
That is a beautiful occupation.

- Le Petit Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

Elderberry

Post by Elderberry » Mon Mar 30, 2015 11:11 am

Thanks. Really appreciate that!!!!!
JK
Then I realized that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me

maryanimal
Burning Since: 2011

Post by maryanimal » Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:53 pm

I went there to visit my dear friend, John, and had the total pleasure of meeting this partner, John! I loved the cafe! It had an awesome vibe going on! I had blueberry pomegranate smoothy, it was so cold, and it was delicious! I really loved the craft tent! I made this cool bracelet and met some interesting, fun people! We laughed, got serious, then just made rings too!

I look forward to visiting there again this year! :D
Sometimes I'm confused by what I think is really obvious. But what I think is really obvious obviously isn't obvious.

Elderberry

Post by Elderberry » Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:55 pm

Thanks Mary, can't wait to see you again!!!
JK

maryanimal
Burning Since: 2011

Post by maryanimal » Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:58 pm

You're welcome! You live in a wonderful neighborhood!
Sometimes I'm confused by what I think is really obvious. But what I think is really obvious obviously isn't obvious.

Return to “2015 On-Playa Project Fundraisers”