Fundraiser: Web of Dreams

Find out more about projects that need your help, and how you can show them support. Please note: only on-playa projects may be listed.
Krash The Hooker
Burning Since: 2011
Camp Name: Hooker Support

Fundraiser: Web of Dreams

Post by Krash The Hooker » Thu Apr 30, 2015 11:28 am

Hello lovlies!

Web of Dreams (WoD) is 60,000 feet of nylon rope, crocheted by hand into fantastic, climbable panels. We are trying to grow our web, and we need your help! We have been using scaffolding to set up our rope, and it really detracts from the beautiful shapes we have made, and the over-all mood we are trying to create. It is also quite a task (and not a cost effective one, at that) to get the scaffolding we need and transport it to the many events WoD sets up at.

So we put our heads together and came up with a sustainable, durable, collapsible, easily transportable solution: ultra beefy playa-tech style trees! We want to build a forest to suspend our handiwork. We also want to move away from the nylon rope to more a environmentally friendly and softer material, such as hemp or cotton. We need a lot of it too!

For helping out getting our trees and rope funded, we have some awesome hand-crocheted perks for you all. Lamps that throw stunning shadows, stickers and patches, a dress, some adorable crochet vial necklaces (empty, filled with playa, or containing a message of sweet snarky love from your friendly neighborhood hookers), and so much more!

Our Facebook, so you can see what we are up to:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/Suspensionofdisbelief/

See you in the Web!
wodbm.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

tamarakay
Burning Since: 2011
Camp Name: Dye with Dignity

Re: Fundraiser: Web of Dreams

Post by tamarakay » Thu Apr 30, 2015 1:37 pm

I wore my swag from last year's fundraiser today! Love it love it love it
Good luck to an awesome group of people bringing awesome to the playa!
When the only tool you got is a hammer, every problem looks like a hippie.

Mmmmmm I love the smell of Burning Man - Token

Getting overly dramatic about the ticket sale process is so 2012. - Maladroit

http://www.dyewithdignity.com

naveohad
Burning Since: 2014

Re: Fundraiser: Web of Dreams

Post by naveohad » Thu Jun 11, 2015 8:53 am

Looks awesome :)
If you people would still need an extra pair of hands. I'm all up for helping once I get to SF in the end of July.
Let me know if u do.
naveohad on FB.

Return to “2015 On-Playa Project Fundraisers”