Arborealis Forest 2015 – Fundraiser

Find out more about projects that need your help, and how you can show them support. Please note: only on-playa projects may be listed.
CyanEssence
Burning Since: 2011
Camp Name: BR Flat Earth Society

Arborealis Forest 2015 – Fundraiser

Post by CyanEssence » Tue Jun 30, 2015 6:38 pm

Hello eplayans,

Our project, Arborealis Forest, did a soft launch of our indiegogo campaign a few days ago, and now we are reaching out to the larger community of burners and others in order to make our project a reality on the playa this year. So far, we have reached about 15% of our goal, and we have already received placement from BMHQ.

We need your help to make it the rest of the way.

Our project is amazing, and our video is the best way that I can think of to describe it:
[media]

We believe that our project will be an awesome way for people to come together and connect out in the deep playa.

We have been working hard for the past few months, and finished the first of the three trees. Our sound and tech teams have created to instruments that produce the ambient sounds of the forest, and our cameras are able to translate the movements of individuals, or groups, near the trees into those sounds.

Your donation will help us take this project the rest of the way.

Please take a look at our indiegogo page ( watch our video, and peruse the different gifts we have to offer at the various donation levels. If you know anyone that you think might like to donate, or just hear about what we are doing, we would love it if you reached out to them as well.

Thank you for reading, and we hope that you can help, even if it is just $5, $10, or $30.

Sincerely,
Cyan and the Arborealis Team.

trilobyte
Site Admin
Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Eridu Society

Re: Arborealis Forest 2015 – Fundraiser

Post by trilobyte » Wed Jul 01, 2015 9:23 am

Very cool looking structures, what an awesome project! Congrats on completing the first, and good luck!

CyanEssence

Post by CyanEssence » Wed Jul 01, 2015 10:00 pm

Thank you Trilobyte.

Here are a few photos of the first tree. These are from our fundraiser back in June.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

CyanEssence

Post by CyanEssence » Wed Jul 01, 2015 10:04 pm

The tree finally set up. It was quiet an adventure doing this without forklifts.

There will be roots on the finished trees on the playa, this way the trees will be really stable, and people can safely climb them (we are thinking rebar, lag screws, or something I never heard of, and can't recall the name of at the moment... cement stakes maybe... to hold the roots firmly in place).

Unfortunately, they can not hang off the limbs, but they will get to go up pretty high and enjoy the view of BRC.

This tree doesn't have the canopy just yet, I may have got ahead of myself in saying this one is complete. We still need funds for that part, the sound system, lighting and pods that people can chill out in (think hammock-like structures in and around the trees).
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

CyanEssence

Post by CyanEssence » Thu Jul 16, 2015 6:23 pm

Hello Everyone,

We had a team meeting last night, and I was able to get some pictures of our progress. These show some of our sound, tech, and build teams testing out the sound system on one of the trees.

CyanEssence

Post by CyanEssence » Thu Jul 16, 2015 6:24 pm

I am not sure how to add multiple pictures to a single post...

CyanEssence

Post by CyanEssence » Thu Jul 16, 2015 6:26 pm

We also got our medallions in, and they are awesome. Heavy weight, about 36 grams each. They are hexagonal, with our logo on one side, project name in the special Arborealis font on the other. They measure about 5cm across from corner to corner.

My coworker took it off me and tried to bend it today, and it ain't bending! That's just one of the gifts we have for people who donate at the various levels.

CyanEssence

Post by CyanEssence » Thu Jul 16, 2015 6:32 pm

We are coming down to the wire with our indiegogo campaign, and we really need your help to make Arborealis happen. If you haven't yet, or want to again, please head over to our indiegogo campaign page. We have made progress, but we are not all the way there yet. We really love this project, and want to bring it to you wonderful, dusty folks this year. Please share the link with anyone you know who might be interested.

Thank you for reading and keeping up-to-date with our progress, you can see more photos of our project here:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/c185f/set ... 833292126/

CyanEssence

Post by CyanEssence » Thu Jul 23, 2015 7:53 pm

Hello Again Eplayans and other assorted burners,

We are down to the wire with our indiegogo funding campaign, and are still under 50% of our goal.

We really need your help to bring this amazing piece of art out to the playa for you and your fellow burners to play with.

If you haven't already, or want to again, please take a look at our indiegogo page, and donate.

Even small donations can make a big difference.

Thank you to all of our supporters.

I hope to see you in the dust, and climbing on our trees!

Peace,
Cyan

Return to “2015 On-Playa Project Fundraisers”