*Fundraiser* Sun Tower by Wizzard and will BURN!

Find out more about projects that need your help, and how you can show them support. Please note: only on-playa projects may be listed.
ELECKTRA
Burning Since: 1997
Camp Name: The Pink Hole

*Fundraiser* Sun Tower by Wizzard and will BURN!

Post by ELECKTRA » Thu Jul 09, 2015 5:12 pm

Wizzard is back at it again!!

Bringing large scale burnable art to Black Rock City and we need your support! This years art piece is called Sun Tower, this will be the largest structure to date, is climbable and will be a daytime burn! That's right, a DAYTIME BURN involving all of you!!

Please take a few moments to check out our campaign and if your able, we would love for you to contribute.

http://igg.me/at/suntower/x/822582

About the Sun Tower: :2228 years after Archimedes is said to have destroyed an attacking Roman naval fleet using mirrors, we will bring the Sun Tower to the playa and try to set it on fire the same way.

This 30+ foot tall climbable tower will have a sun shaped mandala at the top. On Friday around 1PM hundreds of participants around the perimeter will be given mirrors to reflect sunlight at the center of the mandala where a target wad of cannon fuse will catch fire and set the rest of the tower alight.

Thank you very much,

Wizzzard and Sun Tower Team

Facebook.com/thesuntower
Love and light till we ignite
ELECKTRA
Fire Goddess

trilobyte
Site Admin
Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Eridu Society

Re: *Fundraiser* Sun Tower by Wizzard and will BURN!

Post by trilobyte » Thu Jul 09, 2015 6:44 pm

I love Wizzard's work (seriously folks, even if you aren't able to contribute go check out the fundraiser page and scroll down to see some of the past installations), and can not wait to see this!!

digital
Burning Since: 2018
Camp Name: Middle'a-nowhere

Post by digital » Thu Jul 09, 2015 7:06 pm

Finally, a face to the name. I've seen him year after year but never knew his name. A couple years ago I helped him when he wasn't feeling too well after working his Mayan Wheel all day in the sun.
His work is fantastic.
Wizzard! :-D
Last edited by digital on Thu Jul 09, 2015 7:09 pm, edited 3 times in total.

gaminwench
Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: DOTA, EoD, OBOP, Destiny Lounge

Post by gaminwench » Thu Jul 09, 2015 7:07 pm

We (an entire MV full of folks) helped erect his installation 'The End' in 08(?); love his work!

I'm really digging the idea of using a concentration of hundreds of reflected sunbeams to ignite the structure. ooooh, good one 8)
"the prophecies of doom were better last year" trilo

ELECKTRA

Post by ELECKTRA » Fri Jul 10, 2015 11:03 am

Thanks everyone for your kind words! Let's get this funded, spread the word please! Thank you
ELECKTRA
Fire Goddess

ACfromSAC
Burning Since: 2020
Camp Name: SLAYER!

Post by ACfromSAC » Fri Jul 10, 2015 11:39 am

Contribution sent. I've loved your past projects. The Wave was one of my favorite art pieces last year, I can't wait to see (and have a hand in burning down) the Sun Tower! Hope to chat with you on the playa again Wizzard. Thanks for bringing another great piece.

ELECKTRA

Post by ELECKTRA » Fri Jul 10, 2015 12:05 pm

Thank you!!! Your awesome!! Btw, this is Elecktra I've been helping WIZZARD on his projects since 2004! I'm proud to call him a dear friend of mine! You can find him on face book and friend him! Bob marzewski aka Wizzard
ELECKTRA
Fire Goddess

ELECKTRA

Post by ELECKTRA » Wed Jul 22, 2015 11:18 am

Heres a picture of the Sun Tower that we are building!!
suntower.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ELECKTRA
Fire Goddess

ELECKTRA

Post by ELECKTRA » Fri Jul 31, 2015 2:40 pm

5 days left and counting..

Bringing large scale burnable art to Black Rock City and we need your support! This years art piece is called Sun Tower, this will be the largest structure to date, is climbable and will be a daytime burn! That's right, a DAYTIME BURN involving all of you!!

Please take a few moments to check out our campaign and if your able, we would love for you to contribute.

http://igg.me/at/suntower/x/822582

About the Sun Tower: :2228 years after Archimedes is said to have destroyed an attacking Roman naval fleet using mirrors, we will bring the Sun Tower to the playa and try to set it on fire the same way.

This 30+ foot tall climbable tower will have a sun shaped mandala at the top. On Friday around 1PM hundreds of participants around the perimeter will be given mirrors to reflect sunlight at the center of the mandala where a target wad of cannon fuse will catch fire and set the rest of the tower alight.

Thank you very much,
Wizzard and the Sun Tower team
ELECKTRA
Fire Goddess

Return to “2015 On-Playa Project Fundraisers”