Black Rock Observatory FUNdRAISER

Find out more about projects that need your help, and how you can show them support. Please note: only on-playa projects may be listed.
aresvalles
Burning Since: 2011

Black Rock Observatory FUNdRAISER

Post by aresvalles » Wed Jul 15, 2015 1:11 pm

Last year, we were truly honored by the response from the community and we're thrilled to come back in 2015. Our handmade giant telescope's mirror will reveal distant wonders no other at our Carnival can. Please donate whatever you're comfortable with and share with your friends and network. We need your help to bring science back to the playa. Deep Playa is deeper than you think!

Our 2015 Kickstarter Campaign : http://kck.st/1dzBxvP

Melonblue
Burning Since: 2015

Re: Black Rock Observatory FUNdRAISER

Post by Melonblue » Wed Jul 15, 2015 1:36 pm

Yay!!!!

Holy smokes!

so excited to see this. I am a big star nerd. I am lucky to live in a fairly low "light polution" area on vancouver island, but I've never seen stars as bright as the photos I've seen that were taken in deep playa.

I will definitely be popping by to participate. Crossing fingers for clear skies!

Good luck in your funding! Donated!

aresvalles
Burning Since: 2011

Re: Black Rock Observatory FUNdRAISER

Post by aresvalles » Thu Jul 16, 2015 12:39 pm

Thanks so much for your support!!! Black Rock City has a fair amount of light pollution, so dont expect the dark skies of the playa without the burn happening, but itll be pretty good. The Moon will be very bright this year so the distant, faint stuff may be a challenge, but mountains, craters and lava channels on the Moon will be spectacular! I look froward to meeting you under clear skies! - Major Tom

Return to “2015 On-Playa Project Fundraisers”