Fake Cannon Fire

Ideas, advice, tips, and tricks for making installations of all sizes or making smaller pieces and jewelry.
Bluemandrew

Fake Cannon Fire

Postby Bluemandrew » Fri Jul 15, 2011 3:13 pm

How would you guys go about building a fake cannon? (for use during the day)

Compressed air would be my ideal power source, though if it's just noise I may be able to get away with propane. There will be people in fairly close proximity so I'd rather not actually make it 150db of noise or anything crazy, just need to make a bang, smoke is awesome but secondary to a noise lol.

I know a solenoid and an air tank will make some noise, but that's always more gun like than cannon like. hmmmmmm

capjbadger
Burning Since: 2005
Camp Name: Lamplighters

Re: Fake Cannon Fire

Postby capjbadger » Fri Jul 15, 2011 3:52 pm

Air cannon and just dump a load of playa into the barrel. :)

-Badger
Arrrggg!! Avast ye fucking fluffy bunny shirtcockers! Haul your drunken hairy fat ass out of our sight or prepare to receive a hot buttered hedgehog fired up your aft quarters!

Honey Badger don't care. Honey Badger don't give a shit!

theCryptofishist
Burning Since: 2017

Postby theCryptofishist » Fri Jul 15, 2011 3:58 pm

Talk to Espresso Dude. He's on these forums regularly.
The Lady with a Lamprey

"The powerful are exploiting people, art and ideas, and this leads to us plebes debating how to best ration ice.
Man, no wonder they always win....." Lonesomebri

EspressoDude

Postby EspressoDude » Fri Jul 15, 2011 5:48 pm

saw your post. First thing, contact the Fire Art Safety Team and discuss your ideas, and plans for use.

couple things:
1.if you are asking how to build one, it is unlikely you have the skills to safely build one and operate it safely
2.these things can be extremely dangerous if mis-used
3.totally empty barrel = NFPA 160 flame effect appliance, regulated by local fire marshalls
4.anything in the barrel = destructive device regulated by federal Bureau of Alcohol Tobacco Firearms and Explosives (BATFE)
5.improper operation of these things puts the others who operate with reasonable caution in jeapordy. In other word if you fuck up, you fuck it up for all of us. I had to jump thru some hoops to bring mine because of some prior ass- hat operators
6. I won't tell you how to build one
7. do your own research
Is 4 shots enuff? no foo-foo drinks; just naked Espresso
Tactical Espresso Service http://home.comcast.net/~espressocamp/
Field Artillery Tractor
FOGBANK, GOD OF HELLFIRE
BLACK ROCK f/x Trojan Horse,Anubis,2014Temple
burn shit and blow shit up

Bluemandrew

Postby Bluemandrew » Fri Jul 15, 2011 6:34 pm

Let me clarify lol

I'm looking for alternatives to propane. Making a loud noise with propane is not hard. I guess I wasn't very clear in my first post. I want to make a bang akin to a stage effect or halloween prop, and something with an explosion is overkill and not necessarily an option at the event we're attending (not TTITD)

Also, I can just buy what I want if it's to be propane. http://margosupplies.com/public/american1/scare/zon_mark_iv.htm (or one of dozens of other versions)

Return to “Building & Making Art”