Early arrival passes for art installations

Ideas, advice, tips, and tricks for making installations of all sizes or making smaller pieces and jewelry.
glowworm
Burning Since: 2014

Early arrival passes for art installations

Postby glowworm » Thu Apr 21, 2016 9:17 am

I've been planning a (rather large) piece of artwork this year that I want to put up on the open playa. The problem is, it's going to take a couple of days to assemble. Is it possible to get early arrival passes via the art installation questionnaire or is this only available to people who did the honoraria thing / theme camps?

Just_Joe
Burning Since: 2020
Camp Name: Black Rock Weather

Re: Early arrival passes for art installations

Postby Just_Joe » Thu Apr 21, 2016 9:42 am

Whatchya building??
Large pieces are generally built several days in advance of gate opening and many of them are self funded. How far along are you on the application? I've never submitted, but I'm pretty sure the application addresses entry logistics.

Dr Helix
Burning Since: 2008
Camp Name: Interaction Cafe

Postby Dr Helix » Thu Apr 21, 2016 12:38 pm

You can definitely get EA passes through the art app. Just make sure you explain your process (What you'll need, schedule) as clearly as you can right now. It will be a lot easier for you then some vague responses.
"Love, Rockets and write when you get work"

trilobyte
Site Admin
Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Eridu Society

Postby trilobyte » Thu Apr 28, 2016 7:30 pm

What they both said. It is absolutely not guaranteed, but it is certainly a possibility. Fill out the art installation questionnaire - it closes in June, but best to start sooner rather than later so you can get familiar with the questionnaire and the folks in the ARTery have more time to assess your project's needs.

Return to “Building & Making Art”