Art on the trash fence

Ideas, advice, tips, and tricks for making installations of all sizes or making smaller pieces and jewelry.
sparr
Burning Since: 2015

Art on the trash fence

Post by sparr » Wed Mar 15, 2017 1:51 pm

I spent some time walking along the trash fence last year (looking for some MOOP that I had lost) and I saw a lot of art set up touching it, sometimes attached to it, or even supported by it. Are there guidelines for this sort of thing?
If you want to make a reply about my personality instead of about what this thread is about, don't clutter this thread, post over here instead.

ygmir
Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: qqqq

Re: Art on the trash fence

Post by ygmir » Wed Mar 15, 2017 6:16 pm

the only guideline I know of, related to the trash fence is don't cross it. well, another would be don't take it down/cut it..
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan

AntiM
Burning Since: 2001
Camp Name: Anti M's Home for Wayward Art

Post by AntiM » Thu Mar 16, 2017 7:39 am

Technically, the Artery is supposed to be consulted with any art on the open playa, and even if they do not place the art, it is to be registered. Nothing is supposed to interfere with the trash fence, but small pieces have been allowed. There may be guidelines, I think I have even seen them once upon a time. I do know any fence art is supposed to be removed at the end of the event, or on Sunday.

As usual, it will go as it goes, until someone fucks it up.

sparr
Burning Since: 2015

Post by sparr » Thu Mar 16, 2017 11:51 am

AntiM wrote:I do know any fence art is supposed to be removed at the end of the event, or on Sunday.
Of course!.
AntiM wrote:As usual, it will go as it goes, until someone fucks it up.
And anyone trying to figure out what they can do without fucking it up will be derided as violating the spirit of the event :(
If you want to make a reply about my personality instead of about what this thread is about, don't clutter this thread, post over here instead.

AntiM
Burning Since: 2001
Camp Name: Anti M's Home for Wayward Art

Post by AntiM » Thu Mar 16, 2017 5:03 pm

Oh for fuck's sake, don't get all wounded. Use some common sense and go for it if there are no written rules. If you cannot figure it out without a printed guideline, then don't fucking do it. Easy as that.

Email the Artery and ask. Problem solved.

Return to “Building & Making Art”