Unicorn Bike Transport

Ideas, advice, tips, and tricks for making installations of all sizes or making smaller pieces and jewelry.
Jay the Unicorn
Burning Since: 2010
Camp Name: Kentucky Fried Camp

Unicorn Bike Transport

Post by Jay the Unicorn » Fri Feb 16, 2018 6:55 am

I like to travel light to BM and take the Burner Express so my art project this year is confined to my bike. I'm making a unicorn bike with a star field of LED lights in the body of the beast and a sound system. I'm designing it so all the art pieces come off like Ikea furniture (barrel bolts and all) so it can be transported safely in a container.

The trick is the container. I was thinking of making a custom foam padded suitcase for the art pieces so when I arrive on playa, I can bolt the pieces onto the bike and be on my way. I am thinking about getting a sheet of plastic (It has that corrugated cardboard look) and make a case. Does anybody have any idea on how to rivet that plastic together?

This pic shows how the pieces bolt onto the bike. The bike has a few blocks permanently attached with hose clamps for art pieces to bolt onto.

Thanks

Jay the Unicorn

Ratty
Burning Since: 2008
Camp Name: Tiger Man

Re: Unicorn Bike Transport

Post by Ratty » Fri Feb 16, 2018 8:14 am

What a beautiful bike piece. That plastic is Coroplast or sometimes called plasticore. It's most often glued but you can no doubt find 1,000 projects online to help you with construction.

Personally, I have some saved for a voodoo lounge event. I'm making low alters when the time comes.
Pictures or it didn't happen Greycoyote
I a recovering swagaholic I have to resist my grabby nature VultureChow
Those aren't buttermilk biscuits I'm lying on Savannah
You should start doing drugs, it doesn't mess you up as much. CaptG

Return to “Building & Making Art”