seek installation artist

Ideas, advice, tips, and tricks for making installations of all sizes or making smaller pieces and jewelry.
cc_xq89
Burning Since: 2018

seek installation artist

Post by cc_xq89 » Thu Aug 09, 2018 6:32 pm

hello, I am seeking for an installation artist to help us to build the art at Playa.

I have not give a specific name to the art yet, the idea what I am thinking is about "awake of AI". we need a person can help us to design and build the art together.

you can contact me to talk more about the details:

phone: 510-963-XXXX
email: cc_xq@sina.com

CC

Sham

Re: seek installation artist

Post by Sham » Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:18 pm

Welcome to eplaya and your first year at Burning Man. You are installation sounds very interesting. Do you anticipate it being along the lines of the theme, robots?

Like most everything at Burning Man, it's a doaucracy. You get an inspiration and you pull it together all by yourself along with people you may already know. It's magical when it happens.

Do you have a ticket already secured? Have you read all the guides that are in my signature below?

I also took the liberty of removing the last 4 digits of your phone number. There were several reasons, but the most important is that phone numbers should not be posted in an open forum. Anyone wishing to spearhead and build your project should send you a PM.

Good luck and I'm sure I'll spot you on the playa in a few weeks.

Sham....

trilobyte
Site Admin
Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Eridu Society

Re: seek installation artist

Post by trilobyte » Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:26 pm

Help others to understand your idea - what kind of piece is it? Is it made of wood? Steel? Do you need assistance with welding, carpentry, beating on random stuff with hammers, writing code, wiring stuff? Being the 9th of August, it seems a little crazy that you still haven't nailed down a design, but whatever works! If you give people a bit more of an idea of the help you need, you're more likely to make a connection with someone who may be able to help.

Good luck!

Return to “Building & Making Art”