Voice Recognition AI Expertise

Ideas, advice, tips, and tricks for making installations of all sizes or making smaller pieces and jewelry.
I__Dali__I
Burning Since: 2018
Camp Name: Music Savages

Voice Recognition AI Expertise

Post by I__Dali__I » Sat Oct 06, 2018 3:12 pm

Looking for some expertise in voice recognition ai for a potential art installation. Please reach out if you know anything in this area or someone who could potentially help. Many thanks!!

Token
Burning Since: 2001

Re: Voice Recognition AI Expertise

Post by Token » Sat Oct 06, 2018 7:50 pm

That will be real tough without a reliable internet connection.

Voice AI is practically a commodity these days but all the smarts is in the cloud.

For example: Siri on the iPhone can only do basic music playback controls when not connected to the net.

Look up voice tech that is not cloud dependent if you choose to go down this path. Snips is an example of standalone voice AI.

BBadger
Burning Since: 2010

Post by BBadger » Sun Oct 07, 2018 4:22 am

You can train basic stuff using machine learning using something like Tensorflow. There are examples and such. It'll take quite a bit of training data, or the data that is often freely available, but it'll help you a lot to have an idea of what you want the models to do before you dive into it.
"The essence of tyranny is not iron law. It is capricious law." -- Christopher Hitchens

Hate reading my replies? Click here to add me to your plonk (foe) list.

I__Dali__I
Camp Name: Music Savages

Post by I__Dali__I » Sun Oct 07, 2018 10:01 am

Thanks for the leads! Definitely need a standalone solution. Snips in particular looks interesting, going to contact them.

some seeing eye
Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: Woo

Post by some seeing eye » Sun Oct 07, 2018 10:51 am

Should you need outside connectivity to a cloud solution, the BORG does too and has two somewhat redundant Internet connections for their own department operations, like ESD. Usually they are reliable, but sometimes they are not - in 2017 early week for example, due to human error.

Contact the Artery if you need to use Internet connectivity in your art project.

Some people also bring consumer satellite ground stations. Maybe you and the software you select can stand the lag. There are a variety of vendors searchable by satellite Internet, from handheld devices to small dishes which have to be aligned.

There was a new festival WiFi LTE hot spot vendor this year. That will likely not work as the week becomes congested.

There is a lot of technical detail regarding antenna sectors and their probability to become congested which can come into play with your placement.
increasing the signal to noise ratio with compassion

Lonesomebri
Camp Name: CAMP THREAT

Post by Lonesomebri » Sun Oct 07, 2018 11:58 am

a9AvK0K_460s.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Camp THREAT: Dominating the porta potties 3 years running.
"If this is the best of all possible worlds, what are the others?"
- Voltaire, Candide

maladroit
Burning Since: 2012

Post by maladroit » Sun Oct 07, 2018 1:58 pm

Token wrote:
Sat Oct 06, 2018 7:50 pm
Look up voice tech that is not cloud dependent if you choose to go down this path. Snips is an example of standalone voice AI.
I've experienced a Snips setup, it is what you want. They are designing it specifically for applications that won't or can't use a cloud-hosted service.

Token
Burning Since: 2001

Post by Token » Sun Oct 07, 2018 9:39 pm

Snips runs on a Raspberry Pi 3

‘Nuff said.

Perfect for the wilderness of the Playa.

apophn
Camp Name: while you're up

Post by apophn » Wed Oct 24, 2018 10:08 pm

You can run a voice recognition system on a Pi or a small computer easily, it doesn't have to be in the cloud. Depending on the kind of model you're running and what kind of hardware you have available it may not be real-time, but it's certainly doable. The tricky thing is either training your own model or finding one somewhere you can use. I can lend a hand if you're interested though.

Return to “Building & Making Art”