Mutant Vehicle refuel on playa

Ideas, advice, tips, and tricks regarding the building and creation of mutant vehicles in Black Rock City
lindsayponi
Burning Since: 2013
Camp Name: Pongo Lounge

Mutant Vehicle refuel on playa

Post by lindsayponi » Thu Aug 15, 2013 9:07 pm

I am on fuel detail. I would love some input from some mutant vehicles owners on how they refueled on the playa. I heard something of a fuel depot for storage at BRC and also a department of public works at BRC but nothing definitive. My research has informed me of the 2 55 gal drums we are allowed, use a hand pump, people usually do the the 6 gal as it is easier to pour, you must have a fire extinguisher. Where are people storing their gas? Just around their camp? Any input, past experience or links would be greatly appreciated! TIA

A-RockLeFrench
Burning Since: 2010
Camp Name: BONERPILLAR

Re: Mutant Vehicle refuel on playa

Post by A-RockLeFrench » Fri Aug 16, 2013 12:27 am

most of the information you seek is here:

http://eplaya.burningman.org/viewtopic. ... 78&t=64554

You don't have very long to figure this out. Good luck.

lindsayponi
Burning Since: 2013
Camp Name: Pongo Lounge

Post by lindsayponi » Fri Aug 16, 2013 8:09 am

:shock: We are pretty solid just checking and rechecking all info that is out there. Much appreciation for your input and time.

System88NV
Camp Name: Airport

Post by System88NV » Mon May 16, 2016 11:02 am

The responses here are way too old. The fuel safety requirements have been increased.

Rice
Burning Since: 2007

Post by Rice » Mon May 16, 2016 11:51 am

lindsayponi wrote:I am on fuel detail. I would love some input from some mutant vehicles owners on how they refueled on the playa. I heard something of a fuel depot for storage at BRC and also a department of public works at BRC but nothing definitive. My research has informed me of the 2 55 gal drums we are allowed, use a hand pump, people usually do the the 6 gal as it is easier to pour, you must have a fire extinguisher. Where are people storing their gas? Just around their camp? Any input, past experience or links would be greatly appreciated! TIA

As per the Burning Man website: http://burningman.org/event/art-perform ... t-storage/
Love Rice

Roach: "I feel like in this day and age, every girl should know how to build a flamethrower."

A-RockLeFrench
Camp Name: BONERPILLAR

Post by A-RockLeFrench » Mon May 16, 2016 12:04 pm

System88NV wrote:The responses here are way too old. The fuel safety requirements have been increased.

Um. It's a three year old thread.

Return to “Building Mutant Vehicles”