Updated Mutant Vehicle Sound Policy

Ideas, advice, tips, and tricks regarding the building and creation of mutant vehicles in Black Rock City
Madgirl
Burning Since: 2009
Camp Name: Synapse Conduit

Re: Updated Mutant Vehicle Sound Policy

Post by Madgirl » Tue Jul 21, 2015 12:26 pm

Ah. Guess I'll just have to wait to find out then!
The playa isn't "home" to anything or anyone, it's not magic, it's just a goddamm camping trip. A really awesome one. -Captain Goddammit

some seeing eye
Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: Woo

Post by some seeing eye » Tue Jul 21, 2015 12:28 pm

I would have to say to Ano, some of us like to head out to the deep playa to just sit down in the dirt and talk to our sweetie or a new friend, be able to hear the conversation, and not be sitting in MOOP. Now Midnight to 2:30 beyond K is available to us again!

To RockLeFrench, ePlayans do impact BM policy by private messages or their department relationships. Mr Jackass' post launched a firestorm. Occasionally department people look at what ePlaya is up to.

I like the experimental nature of the plan for this year. It is a change in policy, rules or whatever people would like to call them.

But keep in mind it is in response to a much, much larger change in unlimited MV sound system power, bad DJ behavior, audience MOOP, medical resources needed, human waste on the deep playa, LEO actions, and playa restoration resources. In fact it was required to even get a BLM permit this year under point 7 of https://www.documentcloud.org/documents ... ealth.html. I wouldn't be surprised to see points 11 and 20 (medical at mobile raves) addressed as part of this too.

It is a very small change in response to a large change in the event, not a move to crush the spirit of burners by the evil emperor of the BMORG and brainwash all rebel burners with soft rock, yoga and TED talks.

(unlike what Fox "news" would say)
increasing the signal to noise ratio with compassion

Ano
Burning Since: 2011
Camp Name: Everlasting Fuck-you's

Post by Ano » Tue Jul 21, 2015 1:16 pm

You could still do that for the past years as well. As chef juke said, this only really effects six cars. Those six cars ( I'm guessing at which ones) could not take over the entire deep playa, even if they tried to.

You're probably still going to have a problem finding total silence. If you want silence, work and come early.

Return to “Building Mutant Vehicles”