Reminder! Mutant Vehicle registration closes on 4/13!

Ideas, advice, tips, and tricks regarding the building and creation of mutant vehicles in Black Rock City
trilobyte
Site Admin
Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Eridu Society

Reminder! Mutant Vehicle registration closes on 4/13!

Postby trilobyte » Fri Apr 08, 2016 9:56 am

Are you thinking about building or bringing a mutant vehicle to the playa in 2016? Have you already filled out your MV registration?

If not... THE CLOCK IS TICKING!!!

Actually, it's been ticking the whole time... but the amount of time that you have left is running out fast! The Burning Man Department of Mutant Vehicles recommends that project leads do not wait until the last minute.... but we're already there. The form closes at noon PDT on Wednesday April 13th.

Remember, the rules are changing in 2016. You can find out more about those changes here, but the two most important changes you need to remember is that DMV is now using a curated model, and that there are no appeals. In the past, applicants whose registration forms were incomplete or did not do a great job of explaining their project had an opportunity to appeal a rejection, but that is not the case in 2016.

If you have not yet filled out the registration form for your mutant vehicle project, get cracking! Go here to access the form, and if you've never applied for an MV license before know that it does take a while to fill out the registration completely. Take your time, fill out everything completely, and include pictures/drawings where they ask for them so they can see what you're up to.

If you have already filled out the form for your vehicle but something has changed, or upon review you realize that yeah, you probably should have given a few better answers, contact the DMV using dmv@burningman.org and include the name of your vehicle (as you entered it on your application).

trilobyte
Site Admin
Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Eridu Society

Re: Reminder! Mutant Vehicle registration closes on 4/13!

Postby trilobyte » Wed Apr 13, 2016 12:17 pm

Update: The application window has now closed. Good luck to all those who've applied for registration!

willyloafofphora

Postby willyloafofphora » Fri May 13, 2016 10:20 pm

I remember the deadline used to be in june. When did this change? Pretty bummed about this. Was going to fill out registration tonight.
Excrement, incestuous person. I require my copulating currency, incestuous person.

SnowBlind

Postby SnowBlind » Mon May 16, 2016 2:56 pm

willyloafofphora wrote:I remember the deadline used to be in june.

The last time it was in June was five years ago.

But this year it was earlier than the last few years, because of the new process they use. If you follow the links in trilo's post on top, you can find all the details about it.

Dr Helix
Burning Since: 2008
Camp Name: Interaction Cafe

Postby Dr Helix » Mon May 16, 2016 3:38 pm

willyloafofphora wrote:I remember the deadline used to be in june. When did this change? Pretty bummed about this. Was going to fill out registration tonight.

What was your vehicle plan?
"Love, Rockets and write when you get work"

Return to “Building Mutant Vehicles”