Art Car Sale using DGS as enticement

Ideas, advice, tips, and tricks regarding the building and creation of mutant vehicles in Black Rock City
Dr Helix
Burning Since: 2008
Camp Name: Interaction Cafe

Art Car Sale using DGS as enticement

Post by Dr Helix » Wed Feb 15, 2017 1:09 pm

Not sure how I feel about this.

[link removed - please don't post links leading to scalpers or ticket used as enticements. They are not allowed on the board - Eric]
"Love, Rockets and write when you get work"

Eric
Burning Since: 2003
Camp Name: BRC Weekly

Re: Art Car Sale using DGS as enticement

Post by Eric » Wed Feb 15, 2017 1:49 pm

You should feel the same way you would about any scalper or scammer - disgust.
It's strictly forbidden under the terms of the DGS to use them as enticements in any way (for camp membership, as part of a sale, anything). They are only to be sold to core camp members to help in getting the camp set up. If you see something like this in the future, you can do what I just did - take a screen cap of the ad (in case they pull it) and send that & the link to: ticketsupport@burningman.org

It's pretty much a sure bet that this camp will lose their DGS tickets, and possibly access to placement.
It's a camping trip in the desert, not the redemption of the fallen world - Cryptofishist

Regarding Scammers & Scalpers
Please read above link for all official information.

Eric ShutterSlut
Ass't Editor, BRC Weekly

motskyroonmatick
Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: B.R.C. Welding&Repair

Re: Art Car Sale using DGS as enticement

Post by motskyroonmatick » Wed Feb 15, 2017 5:24 pm

Eric wrote:
It's pretty much a sure bet that this camp will lose their DGS tickets, and possibly access to placement.
I saw it and was pretty much.... Bad Move People!!!!! I'm always surprised by people who think DGS is a piece of leverage that they can use willy nilly or for personal gain without risk.
Black Rock City Welding & Repair. The Night Time Warming Station. iGNiTE! Bar.

Card Carrying Member BRCCP.

When you pass the 4th "bridge out!" sign; the flaming death is all yours.-Knowmad-

Return to “Building Mutant Vehicles”