Do county or state cops ever enforce vehicle laws other than speed and registration?

Ideas, advice, tips, and tricks regarding the building and creation of mutant vehicles in Black Rock City
sparr
Burning Since: 2015

Do county or state cops ever enforce vehicle laws other than speed and registration?

Postby sparr » Wed Sep 06, 2017 5:35 pm

Has anyone ever had a run-in with law enforcement over the length/width/height of your art car, or you not having the right class of license to drive it, or anything else like that? Either as the thing they actually ended up citing you for, or just as their excuse to stop/search/etc?
If you want to make a reply about my personality instead of about what this thread is about, don't clutter this thread, post over here instead.

GreyCoyote
Burning Since: 2000

Re: Do county or state cops ever enforce vehicle laws other than speed and registration?

Postby GreyCoyote » Wed Sep 06, 2017 5:49 pm

Nope. Never happens. Now please move along.
"To sum up my compassion level, I think we should feed the unwanted animals to the homeless. Or visa versa. Too much attention and money is spent on both."
(A Beautiful Mind)

Token
Burning Since: 2001

Re: Do county or state cops ever enforce vehicle laws other than speed and registration?

Postby Token » Wed Sep 06, 2017 5:53 pm

I think one guy got cited for a broken tail light but that's about it.

Admiral Fukkit
Burning Since: 2000
Camp Name: Camp I'm going to Hawaii instead

Postby Admiral Fukkit » Wed Sep 06, 2017 6:05 pm

Nope. Height/weight/width aren't enforced.
The whole driver's license class A, class B thing is just a formality at the DMV office.
They're especially lenient with wacky looking art cars.

Canoe

Postby Canoe » Wed Sep 06, 2017 6:31 pm

Seen the Black Rock Redneck Car parade? Missing trunk lid, couch stuff in place, etc..

Ever seen some of those arrive without doors, hoods & trunk?
"My favorite people are the people of the dessert", said Lawrence as he picked up his fork.
... but don't harm the red dragon that frequents the area from time to time. He and I have an agreement.

Ano
Burning Since: 2011
Camp Name: Everlasting Fuck-you's

Postby Ano » Wed Sep 06, 2017 9:01 pm

I think it is absolutely worth nothing that in 2013, an overzealous BLM response to some permit negotiations gone sour ended up culminating in a very tough year for BLM enforcement, including ticketing a DPW art car driving around pre-event for not having seatbelts.

Once.

It happened once.

Bless
Burning Since: 2012

Postby Bless » Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:37 am

A friend of mine received a warning for expired tags.
FUCK YOU, I'M A WIZARD. FUCK YOU, I'M A SHARK.

Return to “Building Mutant Vehicles”