Finally, a Civilized Art Theme

Da Vinci's Workshop is inspired by the Italian Renaissance of the middle fifteenth and early sixteenth centuries, when an historic convergence of inspired artistry, technical innovation and enlightened patronage launched Europe out of medievalism and into modernity. Our story will focus on the republic of Florence, for it was here, in a city-state of about the same size and population as Black Rock City, that humanist ideals, a rediscovery of science, and funding from a newly moneyed class of entrepreneurs fueled a revolutionary cultural movement that redefined Western civilization. Five centuries later, we will attempt to recreate this potent social alchemy by combining Burning Man art, maker culture and creative philanthropy to make Black Rock City the epicenter of a new renaissance.
Chowski
Burning Since: 2009

Finally, a Civilized Art Theme

Postby Chowski » Tue Jul 12, 2016 10:20 am

At long last, my Leonardo DaVinci Art Ticket and VIP All Access Pass have arrived in the mail.
After too many burns being under-recognized for our monetary contributions to Art, we Enlightened Patrons will finally be treated with the deference we deserve. I for one applaud Larry's commitment to this issue, and look forward to seeing how the plebes choose to celebrate us this year! While the moneyed class should naturally be lauded in bronze, I might find it amusing if my gracious visage were captured in some more common medium like bacon! Either way, I anticipate having a Premium Experience, and look forward to my reserved seating at the Intersection of Art and Commerce.

How is YOUR camp planning on honoring the theme by providing a Premium Experience to the Enlightened Philanthropist Class?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

trilobyte
Site Admin
Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Eridu Society

Re: Finally, a Civilized Art Theme

Postby trilobyte » Tue Jul 12, 2016 12:15 pm

The vip ticket gags were better last year :wink:

Chowski
Burning Since: 2009

Re: Finally, a Civilized Art Theme

Postby Chowski » Tue Jul 12, 2016 12:55 pm

I disagree. Larry has decided that this year is about the accommodation, nay celebration, of the parasite moneyed class in our city. So again I ask, what are YOU doing to create a Premium Experience for the Masters of the Mistresses of Merriment.

Return to “2016 Art Theme”