Directed sale?

Want to talk about tickets? You've come to the right place.
Dr. Pyro
Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: Barbie Death Camp & Wine Bistro

Re: Directed sale?

Post by Dr. Pyro » Tue Mar 01, 2016 5:31 am

Elliot wrote:This year cannot be compared with last year, as the system has been changed.
Ain't that the truth.

Peritwinkle
Burning Since: 2008
Camp Name: Camp D.O.A - Peritwinkle's venue

Post by Peritwinkle » Tue Mar 01, 2016 6:20 am

@Dr Pyro, Did you receive an invite email? Camp D.O.A. did not. I guess it does not matter how many years we have spoiled the citizens of BRC; it only matters if you did it in 2015! So disappointing. :cry:

Captain Goddammit
Burning Since: 2000
Camp Name: First Camp

Post by Captain Goddammit » Tue Mar 01, 2016 6:30 am

And to think you used to be able to buy a ticket right at the gate to BRC.
It used to be so easy! WTF happened!
GreyCoyote: "At this rate it wont be long before he is Admiral Fukkit."

Dr Helix
Camp Name: Interaction Cafe

Post by Dr Helix » Tue Mar 01, 2016 7:31 am

Peritwinkle wrote:@Dr Pyro, Did you receive an invite email? Camp D.O.A. did not. I guess it does not matter how many years we have spoiled the citizens of BRC; it only matters if you did it in 2015! So disappointing. :cry:

We of the Interaction Cafe are in a similar situation. After many years of providing a fine theme camp experience, our fearless leader did not get our application in on time last year. We still ended up having a camp though in 2015 and found a way to combine forces with another camp to make it work. But alas, that meant no invite to the DGS for us this year as well. But we will find a way to get it done. One thing. The DGS sale is not the end all of tickets here. Many other ways remain so take heart and good luck.
"Love, Rockets and write when you get work"

Peritwinkle

Post by Peritwinkle » Tue Mar 01, 2016 8:24 am

Dr Helix wrote:
Peritwinkle wrote:@Dr Pyro, Did you receive an invite email? Camp D.O.A. did not. I guess it does not matter how many years we have spoiled the citizens of BRC; it only matters if you did it in 2015! So disappointing. :cry:
We of the Interaction Cafe are in a similar situation. After many years of providing a fine theme camp experience, our fearless leader did not get our application in on time last year. We still ended up having a camp though in 2015 and found a way to combine forces with another camp to make it work. But alas, that meant no invite to the DGS for us this year as well. But we will find a way to get it done. One thing. The DGS sale is not the end all of tickets here. Many other ways remain so take heart and good luck.
Thank you for the encouragement. Seems like they should look at several years rather than the last one. I know that Opulent Temple takes a year off.... so they may not get on DGS some year if they skip now? Ugh. In a small group, it is hard to keep up the momentum but we do appreciate the kind thoughts.

Dr. Pyro

Post by Dr. Pyro » Tue Mar 01, 2016 9:05 am

We did, but there are some internal conflicts/snafus we're trying to work out. Good luck with your quest.

LowePro

Post by LowePro » Tue Mar 01, 2016 10:42 am

"I guess it does not matter how many years we have spoiled the citizens of BRC; it only matters if you did it in 2015! So disappointing. :cry:"

Don't despair too much. DGS is a privilege but not the only one available to you. Your previous years' performances are definitely considered in your Placement Questionnaire/Application, which is arguably more important than DGS tickets, since Placement could get you an assigned camp site, early access passes, and into the system for next year. If you've been spoiling the citizens in prior years, make sure to describe that in your Placement Application. DGS is an added perk for the camps that have a consistent presence on the Playa. Anyone can submit a Placement Applications, whether you were on Playa last year or not.

Raoul
Burning Since: 2014
Camp Name: Honest MiSteak

Post by Raoul » Tue Mar 01, 2016 11:19 am

How long does it usually take after a DGS-invited camp completes the form for the emails to go out to the individuals who make the list? Does BMorg wait until after the form closes and send them out all at once or do they send the emails along the way as each camp completes the form?
"No problem is ever solved in the same consciousness that was used to create it." --Albert Einstein

Honest MiSteak: 2018
Hookah Lounge\Black Rock Power Co-op: 2014 - 2017

Captain Goddammit
Burning Since: 2000
Camp Name: First Camp

Post by Captain Goddammit » Tue Mar 01, 2016 11:23 am

These days, I'd much rather have DGS tickets than placement or EA. Nothing else matters unless you get tickets.
GreyCoyote: "At this rate it wont be long before he is Admiral Fukkit."

trilobyte
Site Admin
Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Eridu Society

Post by trilobyte » Tue Mar 01, 2016 12:06 pm

@peritwinkle - If they had plenty of invitations to be able to cover everyone's needs, then I would absolutely agree that it would be great to include camps that have taken years off. As it stands, though, there aren't enough invitations to even cover those who are bringing it every year.

To look at it another way, imagine that they did open things up to include camps who didn't participate last year. Yours was one that "spoiled the citizens of BRC" every single year, but you didn't make the cut because some other outfit that didn't bring anything or spoil anyone got the nod instead.

All that isn't to say that your camp (or anybody else in a similar situation) doesn't make a great camp or deserve it... it's just that with a limited number of invitations they aren't able to include all groups.

@Raoul - emails do not go out until after the form closes.

Dr. Pyro

Post by Dr. Pyro » Tue Mar 01, 2016 12:26 pm

And if I might just add Trilo, a simple "Thank you" from those who get the links to those who have to go through all of the trouble of not only distributing them but jumping through hoops that are unforeseen would be welcome relief indeed.

trilobyte
Site Admin

Post by trilobyte » Tue Mar 01, 2016 12:59 pm

Yeah, I'll say that organizing projects like camps, villages, mutant vehicles, and art installations are all kinds of crazy... I don't think most people (even the folks in that group) know what kind of work that can be sometimes.

My own experience has given me a new appreciation for all the effort that goes into making it seem effortless and easy, a BIG THANKS to you and to everyone wrangling a project. The hoops can often be big, high up, or number in large quantity.,, plus unforeseen circumstances, miscommunications, and unexpected twists and turns...can be really challenging sometimes.

mgb327

Post by mgb327 » Tue Mar 01, 2016 3:07 pm

After reading the thread, I am so appreciative to all of you with "theme camps" for the work/stress you all go through. BM would not be what it is without all of you. I am a "camp", be we prefer to be sort of "on our own", and procure our tickets through different sales, etc. Sometimes I am grateful for our simple life there, we gift a lot, but seem to enjoy the casualness of the event. I have seen what it takes to be "one of you", and my hat is off to you, one and all. I will see you on the Playa....and thanks for making BM what it is.
Dogs are the leaders of the planet. If you see two life forms, one of them’s making a poop, the other one’s carrying it for him, who would you assume is in charge?
" I am a controlled substance". Savannah.

Peritwinkle

Post by Peritwinkle » Wed Mar 02, 2016 8:07 am

The Placement gods are smiling on us! I am happy to say that we received our invitation to DGS yesterday! We will see you on the playa with some really nice wines to share! :D

trilobyte
Site Admin

Post by trilobyte » Wed Mar 02, 2016 10:52 am

Excellent news - congrats!

bigbluedoggy
Burning Since: 2006
Camp Name: Destiny Lounge 3D

Post by bigbluedoggy » Thu Mar 03, 2016 6:20 pm

Last year was our first year returning as a registered theme camp since 2011, although we have done a camp every year anyway. Though not a theme camp in 2012-14, we had placement as a volunteer and support camp since that was required in 2013. For those of you familiar with Destiny Lounge, you know that we have always brought at least some form of interactivity to the playa and often more than one thing. Given our track record, I sent an email to the Placement team in the early part of the ticketing process last year, explaining that we were returning in full glory and would love to be considered for DGS tickets. Lo and behold, an invite was sent our way and we were fortunate to get in and purchase tickets for most of our invitations.

Point being: even if you take a year or two off, letting Placement know that you are returning can have a positive response if your camp has a good track record.
A plan is what you vary from.

Destiny Lounge has been proven to cause cuteness in small kittens.

Destiny Lounge 3D - located in the 3:00 Plaza at G for 2019! Look for our art installation too: The Temple uv Enlightenment!

TT120
Burning Since: 2012
Camp Name: Orphans TOO!

Post by TT120 » Fri Mar 04, 2016 8:59 am

Dr. Pyro wrote:And if I might just add Trilo, a simple "Thank you" from those who get the links to those who have to go through all of the trouble of not only distributing them but jumping through hoops that are unforeseen would be welcome relief indeed.
I have seen the staggering amount of work that Doc and Felony put in to run BDV and it is mind blowing. Please remember to thank them when you see them.
Life's a bitch, then you go to Burning Man - Unjonharley
We welcome the stranger, but that doesn't mean we have to like them, nor they us, and that's alright. - AntiM

W6BJD

westsideburns
Burning Since: 2006
Camp Name: Camp Scatter

Post by westsideburns » Sat Mar 05, 2016 10:24 am

My Direct Sales Form still appears editable. I expected the form to say CLOSED; yet the SAVE and CLEAR buttons are still available. I won't dare touch it. :shock:

zorro sings
Camp Name: Hostel

Post by zorro sings » Sat Mar 05, 2016 6:25 pm

OK The system of invites worked like a charm for us. All my invites seem good. Hope all camps same and we can celebrate a snafu free process and give the credit due to Ticketing.
Be careful. You can spend all your money in there..............................Oriental Visitor

Dr. Pyro

Post by Dr. Pyro » Wed Mar 09, 2016 11:51 am

Dr. Pyro wrote:And if I might just add Trilo, a simple "Thank you" from those who get the links to those who have to go through all of the trouble of not only distributing them but jumping through hoops that are unforeseen would be welcome relief indeed.
Still not a single thank you.

Edited by moderator to say - as this sale has started, it's time to close the thread asking questions about the group invitation process. You can post about your experiences with the sale, or to share your excitement about having gotten tickets here.

Return to “Tickets Discussion”