does each ticket needs to associate with a individual name??

Want to talk about tickets? You've come to the right place.
Locked
iansupertramp
Posts: 8
Joined: Tue Jan 26, 2016 10:44 pm
Burning Since: 2016

does each ticket needs to associate with a individual name??

Post by iansupertramp » Tue Jan 26, 2016 11:06 pm

Hi all,

I'm new here, me and my friends are planning to go to burning man this year(2016), we are a 16 people group, since we don't have any experiences on burning man before, the tickets issue are quite concerns me, since from what i read is: one account can buy maximum 8 pre-sale tickets, other tickets will be maximum 2. so if i want to buy more than 2 tickets from one account, does each ticket has to associate with an individual name? or even associate with each individual ID? and apparently our group need at least two accounts to buy all tickets, do we have to use two credit cards with two accounts(associated names)? we can't use one credit card for two accounts? and the ticket shipment is based on account information right? all tickets bought from one account will ship to one address? does the address has to be the same as credit card holder's?

Thanks!

User avatar
Ratty
Posts: 6199
Joined: Fri Nov 11, 2011 6:43 pm
Burning Since: 2008
Camp Name: Tiger Man

Re: does each ticket needs to associate with a individual na

Post by Ratty » Wed Jan 27, 2016 12:19 am

The ticket info will come out soon. Just a few points to get you thinking. Last years policy was...You must register a 'burner profile'. Your credit card will need to be in the same name as your profile info. The tickets don't have names on them. They are mailed out to the purchaser at the address associated with the credit card just before the event. If you're in a country other than the U.S. or Canada you may have to pick them up at will call.

Last year you were allowed to purchase presale tickets and then use the same credit card and name to purchase tickets in the main sale. No guarantees that all the rules will be the same this year. Plus I may have it all wrong.
Those aren't buttermilk biscuits I'm lying on Savannah

Pictures or it didn't happen Greycoyote

Talent hits a target no one else can hit; Genius hits a target no one else can see.
Arthur Schopenhauer

User avatar
Raoul
Posts: 153
Joined: Wed Dec 11, 2013 5:50 pm
Burning Since: 2014
Camp Name: Honest MiSteak
Location: New England

Re: does each ticket needs to associate with a individual na

Post by Raoul » Wed Jan 27, 2016 6:36 am

What Ratty said. And, I think the pre-sale limit was 4 tickets per profile/credit card last year, not 8.
"No problem is ever solved in the same consciousness that was used to create it." --Albert Einstein

Honest MiSteak: 2018
Hookah Lounge\Black Rock Power Co-op: 2014 - 2017

LowePro
Posts: 653
Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2012 2:58 pm

Re: does each ticket needs to associate with a individual na

Post by LowePro » Wed Jan 27, 2016 9:00 am

Each ticket does not have an individual name,
but each purchase transaction DOES, as in, the purchase is associated with the name on your credit card. Read the ticket rules closely when they come out. There are anti-scalping rules that limit how many purchases a person can make with their card. Your best bet would be to have different people with different credit cards making their own purchases, rather than 1 or 2 people attempting to make multiple purchases for big orders of tickets. As for shipping, Idk but I think all the tickets on one order have to be shipped to the same address.

I don't buy tickets for other people in general. The first test of whether you want to camp with these people in a hot, remote, dusty desert where you have to bring all your own survival gear and work hard to create your camp (and clean up after yourselves): Can your friends pull it together enough to order their own tickets without hand-holding and cat-wrangling? If they cannot, they might be dead weight on the playa.

User avatar
trilobyte
Site Admin
Posts: 16898
Joined: Tue Mar 02, 2004 10:54 pm
Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Eridu Society
Location: San Francisco
Contact:

Re: does each ticket needs to associate with a individual na

Post by trilobyte » Wed Jan 27, 2016 9:11 am

It's per person, not per user account. Trying to game the system by creating multiple accounts wouldn't necessarily help you, because you'd have the same name/address (even if you used separate credit cards for each order). After the sale, Burning Man does review the orders that were placed, and does then void sales if they find individuals attempting to buy more than the posted limits.

The easiest path, tell all your campmates about the idea of radical self reliance and direct them to register for and purchase their own tickets. They can choose individually whether they would like to participate in a pre-sale (if there is one) or not.

User avatar
Bless
Posts: 1278
Joined: Tue Jul 16, 2013 8:43 pm
Burning Since: 2012
Location: DC

Re: does each ticket needs to associate with a individual na

Post by Bless » Wed Jan 27, 2016 9:53 am

trilobyte wrote:The easiest path, tell all your campmates about the idea of radical self reliance and direct them to register for and purchase their own tickets. They can choose individually whether they would like to participate in a pre-sale (if there is one) or not.
Also, the more individual accounts (profiles) your team has, the higher likelihood that you'll secure tickets.
FUCK YOU, I'M A WIZARD. FUCK YOU, I'M A SHARK.

User avatar
SnowBlind
Posts: 395
Joined: Fri Aug 11, 2006 5:27 pm
Location: SF Bay Area

Re: does each ticket needs to associate with a individual na

Post by SnowBlind » Wed Jan 27, 2016 11:09 am

Ratty wrote:If you're in a country other than the U.S. or Canada you may have to pick them up at will call.
That used to be the case, but I think as of last year (or before?) they *do* mail them internationally.

iansupertramp
Posts: 8
Joined: Tue Jan 26, 2016 10:44 pm
Burning Since: 2016

Re: does each ticket needs to associate with a individual na

Post by iansupertramp » Wed Jan 27, 2016 7:51 pm

SnowBlind wrote:
Ratty wrote:If you're in a country other than the U.S. or Canada you may have to pick them up at will call.
That used to be the case, but I think as of last year (or before?) they *do* mail them internationally.

Some of our mates they are living outside of U.S, that's why they want us to help them book tickets and delivery directly to our address, i guess maybe pick up at Will Call going to be more trouble since a lot of people gonna do that at entrance.

Burning man really start delivery overseas from last year?

iansupertramp
Posts: 8
Joined: Tue Jan 26, 2016 10:44 pm
Burning Since: 2016

Re: does each ticket needs to associate with a individual na

Post by iansupertramp » Wed Jan 27, 2016 7:59 pm

trilobyte wrote:It's per person, not per user account. Trying to game the system by creating multiple accounts wouldn't necessarily help you, because you'd have the same name/address (even if you used separate credit cards for each order). After the sale, Burning Man does review the orders that were placed, and does then void sales if they find individuals attempting to buy more than the posted limits.

The easiest path, tell all your campmates about the idea of radical self reliance and direct them to register for and purchase their own tickets. They can choose individually whether they would like to participate in a pre-sale (if there is one) or not.

Thanks! I wonder why Pre-Sale tickets price are dramatical higher than regular tickets? pre-sale ticket doesn't have any special authority right?

iansupertramp
Posts: 8
Joined: Tue Jan 26, 2016 10:44 pm
Burning Since: 2016

Re: does each ticket needs to associate with a individual na

Post by iansupertramp » Wed Jan 27, 2016 8:04 pm

asr9754 wrote:Each ticket does not have an individual name,
but each purchase transaction DOES, as in, the purchase is associated with the name on your credit card. Read the ticket rules closely when they come out. There are anti-scalping rules that limit how many purchases a person can make with their card. Your best bet would be to have different people with different credit cards making their own purchases, rather than 1 or 2 people attempting to make multiple purchases for big orders of tickets. As for shipping, Idk but I think all the tickets on one order have to be shipped to the same address.

I don't buy tickets for other people in general. The first test of whether you want to camp with these people in a hot, remote, dusty desert where you have to bring all your own survival gear and work hard to create your camp (and clean up after yourselves): Can your friends pull it together enough to order their own tickets without hand-holding and cat-wrangling? If they cannot, they might be dead weight on the playa.
Thank you for your reply! I heard when people buying tickets sometimes they have some trouble while processing payment, is it anything to do with credit card itself? with enough limit and bank informed, does a U.S credit card will has more chances to get ticket than a overseas credit card?

iansupertramp
Posts: 8
Joined: Tue Jan 26, 2016 10:44 pm
Burning Since: 2016

Re: does each ticket needs to associate with a individual na

Post by iansupertramp » Wed Jan 27, 2016 8:05 pm

Raoul wrote:What Ratty said. And, I think the pre-sale limit was 4 tickets per profile/credit card last year, not 8.
really? somebody say it's 6 tickets and 3 vehicle passes?

iansupertramp
Posts: 8
Joined: Tue Jan 26, 2016 10:44 pm
Burning Since: 2016

Re: does each ticket needs to associate with a individual na

Post by iansupertramp » Wed Jan 27, 2016 8:09 pm

Ratty wrote:The ticket info will come out soon. Just a few points to get you thinking. Last years policy was...You must register a 'burner profile'. Your credit card will need to be in the same name as your profile info. The tickets don't have names on them. They are mailed out to the purchaser at the address associated with the credit card just before the event. If you're in a country other than the U.S. or Canada you may have to pick them up at will call.

Last year you were allowed to purchase presale tickets and then use the same credit card and name to purchase tickets in the main sale. No guarantees that all the rules will be the same this year. Plus I may have it all wrong.
thanks for your information. Will they ship tickets only to your mailing address which associate with your credit card or i can put in the address where now i live?

User avatar
Eric
Moderator
Posts: 9358
Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2003 9:45 pm
Burning Since: 2003
Camp Name: BRC Weekly
Contact:

Re: does each ticket needs to associate with a individual na

Post by Eric » Wed Jan 27, 2016 8:17 pm

iansupertramp wrote:Thanks! I wonder why Pre-Sale tickets price are dramatical higher than regular tickets? pre-sale ticket doesn't have any special authority right?
Before we started selling out (2011), pre-sales were designed to put some extra cash on the line so BMorg could get the event rolling and participants could get tickets to send out as Christmas presents. Since the sell-outs started they've become more of a way of guaranteeing yourself a ticket (at a premium cost), while still giving Burning Man the extra cash to get the event started (paying vendors, staff, etc).

NO ticket gets you anything special. They are all identical, all they get you is through the Gate. Everything else is dependent on what you and me and our fellow burners bring.

As for all your other questions - we don't know the answers. All of us are just here for fun & to help where we can. None of us are official Burning Man employees, and even the Mod team is made up of volunteers & we only get official info when the organization wants it passed on.

Right now NOBODY knows what's going on with tickets this year - we don't know purchase limits, we don't know vehicle pass limits, we don't prices, and we certainly don't have any answers on what credit cards will or won't work (that last question would have to be directed to Ticketing, because no-one here could answer it beyond the general info that will be released). Sit tight like the rest of us, we will all have more information as soon as they release it.
It's a camping trip in the desert, not the redemption of the fallen world - Cryptofishist

Regarding Scammers & Scalpers
Please read above link for all official information.

Eric ShutterSlut
Ass't Editor, BRC Weekly

iansupertramp
Posts: 8
Joined: Tue Jan 26, 2016 10:44 pm
Burning Since: 2016

Re: does each ticket needs to associate with a individual na

Post by iansupertramp » Thu Jan 28, 2016 7:08 pm

Eric wrote:
iansupertramp wrote:Thanks! I wonder why Pre-Sale tickets price are dramatical higher than regular tickets? pre-sale ticket doesn't have any special authority right?
Before we started selling out (2011), pre-sales were designed to put some extra cash on the line so BMorg could get the event rolling and participants could get tickets to send out as Christmas presents. Since the sell-outs started they've become more of a way of guaranteeing yourself a ticket (at a premium cost), while still giving Burning Man the extra cash to get the event started (paying vendors, staff, etc).

NO ticket gets you anything special. They are all identical, all they get you is through the Gate. Everything else is dependent on what you and me and our fellow burners bring.

As for all your other questions - we don't know the answers. All of us are just here for fun & to help where we can. None of us are official Burning Man employees, and even the Mod team is made up of volunteers & we only get official info when the organization wants it passed on.

Right now NOBODY knows what's going on with tickets this year - we don't know purchase limits, we don't know vehicle pass limits, we don't prices, and we certainly don't have any answers on what credit cards will or won't work (that last question would have to be directed to Ticketing, because no-one here could answer it beyond the general info that will be released). Sit tight like the rest of us, we will all have more information as soon as they release it.

Really appreciate!

Locked

Return to “Tickets Discussion”