low income tickets

Want to talk about tickets? You've come to the right place.
DerbyDave 18
Burning Since: 2015

low income tickets

Post by DerbyDave 18 » Mon Feb 08, 2016 11:51 pm

So guys, I'm just being forgetful here so I'm hoping you guys can help me out. I know someone who is going to try for a low income ticket but I forgot how it works. I know you apply and wait and hopefully get accepted. What I can't remember is what comes next. Do you pay for the ticket once you're accepted or do you pay when you get to B.M. or what? I've just totally forgotten.

Savannah
Burning Since: 2018

Re: low income tickets

Post by Savannah » Mon Feb 08, 2016 11:59 pm

Historically, low income tickets are Will Call, so you pick them up at the event with the low income price + ID.
*** 2018 Survival Guide ***

"I must've lost it when I was twerking at the trash fence." -- BBadger

"Snark away, ePlaya, you magnificent bastards." -- McStrangle

trilobyte
Site Admin
Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Eridu Society

Post by trilobyte » Tue Feb 09, 2016 7:24 am

What Savannah said. Details on the program are on the Burning Man tickets page and ticketing support site linked in my signature.

DerbyDave 18

Post by DerbyDave 18 » Sat Feb 13, 2016 10:47 pm

Thanks guys. I totally brain farted and didn't think of just looking at the ticket info page.

burninja09
Burning Since: 2016
Camp Name: TBD

Post by burninja09 » Wed Mar 02, 2016 3:01 pm

I cannot access the actual application or page for the application to save my life right now despite having the username and password perfectly right. Is it the fact that I'm on smartphone right now on the default browser and not a desktop computer? 8)

lucky420
Burning Since: 2021
Camp Name: Dye with Dignity

Post by lucky420 » Wed Mar 02, 2016 3:48 pm

Yes it has been posted not to use a mobile device for this application
Oh my god, it's HUGE!

burninja09

Post by burninja09 » Wed Mar 02, 2016 3:57 pm

Is it an online exclusive or can I print it off?
Regards, a Virginal Playa '16 (In every sense of the word!:D)

lucky420

Post by lucky420 » Wed Mar 02, 2016 4:14 pm

I'm sorry I don't know. Look at tickets page on burningman.org. Info should be ther
Oh my god, it's HUGE!

burninja09

Post by burninja09 » Wed Mar 02, 2016 6:00 pm

One last thing (as I'm finally typing from a desktop computer)!

Is the username and password I use to access the Eplaya forums here the same account I'd use to log-in and see the low income ticket application? Its not letting me in still and I know I entered it right because I had to use the same 1 to log-in here.

I'm going to kick myself in the butt if all I have to do is make another account to do this!
Regards, a Virginal Playa '16 (In every sense of the word!:D)

lucky420

Post by lucky420 » Wed Mar 02, 2016 7:56 pm

Well if you made it the same password it would be. You've made a burner profile right? You need to do that first, then after that is set up go to the low income page on burningman.com. It will ask you for your burner profile user name and password
Oh my god, it's HUGE!

Popeye
Burning Since: 2013
Camp Name: Beaverton

Post by Popeye » Wed Mar 02, 2016 8:02 pm

Set up your Burner Profile at https://profiles.burningman.org/
or click on Burning Man at the top left of this page then click on the menu on the right of the page and scroll down to "Stuff n Things" and click on Burner Profiles.
Easy to find :roll:
nobody wants to live in a world with only one flavor...

Eric
Burning Since: 2003
Camp Name: BRC Weekly

Post by Eric » Thu Mar 03, 2016 12:11 am

burninja09 wrote:Is the username and password I use to access the Eplaya forums here the same account I'd use to log-in and see the low income ticket application?
Your ePlaya account & your Burner Profile are two completely separate things, they are not linked together at all. The only way your name and password would be the same is if you created them both that way. (Sorry to be super redundant, I just want to make sure anyone reading this understands).

You must create a Burner Profile to purchase a ticket, regardless of what level of ticket you're purchasing. Setting up your profile well in advance cuts down on stress as the general sale gets closer, but Low Income Tickets are their own world. Each application is reviewed by a team from Ticketing, and they'll chose who gets the tickets. It's a lengthy process, so be prepared to meditate for calm a lot.
It's a camping trip in the desert, not the redemption of the fallen world - Cryptofishist

Regarding Scammers & Scalpers
Please read above link for all official information.

Eric ShutterSlut
Ass't Editor, BRC Weekly

maryanimal
Burning Since: 2011

Post by maryanimal » Fri Mar 04, 2016 2:37 pm

I was able to finally get my application in last night. I had issues with turning a doc. into a pdf. I downloaded a free pdf software. So now I can do it easily. Now the waiting. I'm so looking forward to this year!

I'll add, once you get your application in, be calm and wait to find out if you get a ticket. The folks who do the selecting have a huge job ahead of them. Try not to freak out! (yeah right) :D
Sometimes I'm confused by what I think is really obvious. But what I think is really obvious obviously isn't obvious.

DerbyDave 18

Post by DerbyDave 18 » Fri Mar 11, 2016 12:18 am

For you new guys..it says it will take about 8 weeks to let you know if you got a ticket. Don't worry if you haven't gotten any information by then. I didn't get mine until about the middle of June.

maryanimal
Burning Since: 2011

Post by maryanimal » Sun Apr 03, 2016 2:57 pm

DerbyDave 18 wrote:For you new guys..it says it will take about 8 weeks to let you know if you got a ticket. Don't worry if you haven't gotten any information by then. I didn't get mine until about the middle of June.
Tomorrow it'll be one month, so 8 more weeks until the news comes in! :D No knickers in knots here!
Sometimes I'm confused by what I think is really obvious. But what I think is really obvious obviously isn't obvious.

trilobyte
Site Admin
Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Eridu Society

Post by trilobyte » Thu Apr 07, 2016 6:25 pm

This just in from the ticket team regarding low income ticket applications...
If you or someone you know is thinking of applying for a Low Income Ticket, get on it! Applications are reviewed in the order they are received, so the program closes when we have enough applicants. Read about the program on our website. Get your documents in order and apply through your Burner Profile!

Heads up: there’s a delay in processing Low Income applications. Normally we strive to respond to applicants within eight weeks, which means the first wave of applicants would have been notified by the end of April. Unfortunately some behind-the-scenes hitches will cause a delay of 2-3 weeks.

We know it can be harrowing waiting to hear about your application, which is why we are so excited to announce a new tool within your Burner Profile. Once you’ve submitted a Low Income Ticket application, you can monitor its status within your Profile in the Sparkly Things section.
If you have other questions for the team about low income tickets, please reach out to them at lowincome@burningman.org.

NeuroBirgin
Burning Since: 2014

Post by NeuroBirgin » Fri Apr 08, 2016 9:14 am

Thanks for that post Trilo! I must say I've been very anxious this past month so seeing that helped me not to focus on it for a while!
Good luck to all those who applied and hopefully we'll get some good news in several weeks :D

Return to “Tickets Discussion”