Pre-Sale

Want to talk about tickets? You've come to the right place.
Dr Helix
Burning Since: 2008
Camp Name: Interaction Cafe

Re: Pre-Sale

Post by Dr Helix » Thu Feb 18, 2016 8:27 am

So I googled "Did 2106 Pre-sale tickets sell out?" And got nothing. Does anyone know if they did? And how fast?
"Love, Rockets and write when you get work"

Skuzzy61
Burning Since: 2016
Camp Name: Barbie Death Camp/We got this!

Post by Skuzzy61 » Thu Feb 18, 2016 8:49 am

If they sold out for 2106,...then DAAYUM! That is some thinking ahead right there! 8)
As the camp evolves.....
We got this! 2016/2019
We had it! 2020
We almost lost it! 2021
We have no idea where it is! 2022
Who the hell are we and why are we here? 2023

666isMONEY
Burning Since: 2006
Camp Name: BRCCP

Post by 666isMONEY » Thu Feb 18, 2016 9:06 am

I don't think it sold out yet, the link is still willing to accept my promo code:
http://tickets.burningman.org/purchase/event/1086807

Could be a sign of the coming Apocalypse.

Dr Helix
Camp Name: Interaction Cafe

Post by Dr Helix » Thu Feb 18, 2016 9:10 am

Skuzzy61 wrote:If they sold out for 2106,...then DAAYUM! That is some thinking ahead right there! 8)

I hear 2106 is going to be dusty.
"Love, Rockets and write when you get work"

Skuzzy61
Camp Name: Barbie Death Camp/We got this!

Post by Skuzzy61 » Thu Feb 18, 2016 9:19 am

Considering most of us will be dust by then,..I think you might be on to something! :)
As the camp evolves.....
We got this! 2016/2019
We had it! 2020
We almost lost it! 2021
We have no idea where it is! 2022
Who the hell are we and why are we here? 2023

Raoul
Burning Since: 2014
Camp Name: Honest MiSteak

Post by Raoul » Thu Feb 18, 2016 10:48 am

666isMONEY wrote:I don't think it sold out yet, the link is still willing to accept my promo code:
http://tickets.burningman.org/purchase/event/1086807

Could be a sign of the coming Apocalypse.
It sold out same day last year, but it took a good 5 days to sell out in 2014. Are there the same number of tickets this time around? For some reason, I thought there were more this year plus the DaVinci tickets.
"No problem is ever solved in the same consciousness that was used to create it." --Albert Einstein

Honest MiSteak: 2018
Hookah Lounge\Black Rock Power Co-op: 2014 - 2017

trilobyte
Site Admin
Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Brainy Bar

Post by trilobyte » Thu Feb 18, 2016 10:57 am

There were more tickets, plus 500 of the Da Vinci tickets were made available during the Pre-Sale.

I don't think 2106 will be a dusty year, climate change makes for interesting times. By then it'll likely be a shallow lake year-round. As part of our Carnival of Space & Time project last year, we traveled to and brought back the art theme poster from 2115...

Ratty
Camp Name: Tiger Man

Post by Ratty » Thu Feb 18, 2016 11:11 am

You really do outstanding work Trillo. That's so beautiful.
Those aren't buttermilk biscuits I'm lying on Savannah

Pictures or it didn't happen Greycoyote

Talent hits a target no one else can hit; Genius hits a target no one else can see.
Arthur Schopenhauer

DarthKrosis

Post by DarthKrosis » Thu Feb 18, 2016 11:25 am

I wouldn't expect the presale to end until after the Leonardo sale (date to be announced but after the main sale). To see why that is we need to consider the economic analysis.

The presale consists of 3 distinct goods:

(1) Most valuable are the VPs - at $80 each they are a steal, given that the scalper price (i.e. market price) last year was over $800 as people became desperate for a way to get themselves and their shit to the burn. Last year, some people hit on the bright idea of buying their VPs in the presale and their tickets in one of the other sales but BMorg has changed to rules this year so a presale order cannot consist solely of VPs.

(2) Presale tickets. Their main value at this stage is enabling the purchase of upto 4 VPs. I bet many camps, fearing a shortage of VPs, decided to have one or more members bite the bullet and buy a presale ticket to get the 4 VPs. Of course once the presale VPs ran out, the value of these tickets cratered - there's probably plenty left if you want them.

(3) Leonardo tickets. Despite all the pretty words about supporting the event etc, no one wants to buy these if they can avoid it. With the presale VPs sold out, if you have to buy one, it makes more sense to wait for the Leonardo sale since at least there's a chance to buy a VP.

Since the presale isn't over until all 3 goods have been exhausted, it may have a while to run (unless BMorg decides otherwise).

I really wish BMorg would hire an economist to design their (increasing complex) sales structure. When you have a hot commodity (irony intended), in limited supply, it's time to call an end amateur hour, and get some professionals involved.

Jovankat
Burning Since: 2013
Camp Name: Methuselah's Children

Post by Jovankat » Thu Feb 18, 2016 11:47 am

There are still VPs available. I was just able to put 4 of them in my cart. I was also able to put 4 of the $990 tickets in so they're available still too. That means the demand was a hell of a lot lower for them this year than there was for them last year when they were only $800. Last year 4,000 tickets sold out in a matter of hours, this year 5,000 haven't sold in 24 hours.

DarthKrosis

Post by DarthKrosis » Thu Feb 18, 2016 12:04 pm

So all those people complaining yesterday about not being able to buy a VP with their presale tix - that was just a glitch in the system? I hope BMorg allows those folk to add VPs to their orders.

ChuckLohre
Camp Name: Earth Guardians

Post by ChuckLohre » Thu Feb 18, 2016 6:55 pm

Inspiring post. I look forward to meeting you. Thanks.

trilobyte
Site Admin

Post by trilobyte » Thu Feb 18, 2016 7:24 pm

I don't know if I agree with DarthKrosis' idea of hiring an economist to assist with the planning of event ticketing... is that just an off-the-cuff idea, or are there events out there that are doing that today?

If someone experienced a problem with placing their order, they should get in touch with the ticket team asap via [email protected] - be sure to include the order# in the subject line. For general support and frequently asked questions, please see the link in my signature.

garbage118

Post by garbage118 » Fri Feb 19, 2016 9:49 am

I see some clown already has a VP for sale on eBay, will it ever stop.

trilobyte
Site Admin

Post by trilobyte » Fri Feb 19, 2016 10:31 am

See this page for info about eBay listings.

trilobyte
Site Admin

Post by trilobyte » Fri Feb 19, 2016 11:09 am

ATTENTION!

I have heard from the ticket team and can confirm that the Pre-Sale is still underway, and that (as of this writing) both tickets and vehicle passes are available. As a reminder, vehicle passes may only be purchased on an order that contains a ticket purchase (as per the FAQ orders consisting solely of VP's will be canceled).

There was an issue very early in the sale where apparently vehicle passes were showing as unavailable, caused by a bunch of vehicle pass orders getting carted (added to a cart), but then the sales not being completed, or being canceled because they did not contain a ticket. Once those orders timed out, they were released back into the system and as I mentioned above, VP's are still available.

If you have already made a pre-sale ticket purchase, but were unable to purchase vehicle passes with your order, get in touch with the Burning Man Ticket Team asap by sending an email to [email protected] and make sure to include your order # in the subject line.

JohnEBGud
Burning Since: 2014
Camp Name: Play-a Piano, Skid Row

Post by JohnEBGud » Fri Feb 19, 2016 11:37 am

trilobyte wrote:ATTENTION!

If you have already made a pre-sale ticket purchase, but were unable to purchase vehicle passes with your order, get in touch with the Burning Man Ticket Team asap by sending an email to [email protected] and make sure to include your order # in the subject line.
Thanks Trilo.

As I had the VP order problem, I contacted ticketsupport early this morning, prior to your post and related my experience. The good people got back to me within an hour with a link to re-enter the pre-sale where I was able to purchase the VP.

Praise and thanks to the people at [email protected] who handled my problem so efficiently!
To see a World in a Grain of Sand
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand
And Eternity in an hour.
--Wm. Blake

DarthKrosis

Post by DarthKrosis » Fri Feb 19, 2016 2:23 pm

So my previous analysis assumed rational agents; I didn't account from some agents being too dumb to read the instructions. However if the sudden availability of VPs depends on put backs there can't be that many left... Get 'em while their hot!

DarthKrosis

Post by DarthKrosis » Fri Feb 19, 2016 2:31 pm

That should have been: Get 'em while they're hot!

And I'm glad to see BMorg is doing the right thing for those who couldn't buy their VPs yesterday.

stephen2u
Burning Since: 2012
Camp Name: No

Post by stephen2u » Sat Feb 20, 2016 6:52 am

I got my pre-sale tickets for this year, I also think that last years burn did not go as good as previous years, the weather was crazy, none stopping winds at night and day for almost all the burn. I'm a old man and trying to ride my bike in that wind was very hard, and getting hit with the sandblasting on my face was not fun, so I think some people are rethinking about going to this. Hopefully the big sale go's this way too, I love to see the ticket scalers holding tickets They cannot sell.
Last years burn was my favorite burn out of 4 times.
If burning man really what’s to fix itself just put a name on the ticket of the buyer, and checked at the gate, so no scalping on tickets, if you can’t make it return to ticketfly for full refund, then the ticket is resold at face value.

Eddaytona
Burning Since: 2012
Camp Name: Black Hole Literary Society

Post by Eddaytona » Sat Feb 20, 2016 3:37 pm

Thanks to Trillo and Kara at BMHQ ,my VP issue was resolved very quickly. Sometimes BMorg kind of feels opaque to us dustlings but there are really good folks there to help us out. Hat tip... and smiley :D face. Don't have to smash through the gate after all!
One day we'll look back on this and it will all seem funny.

Captain Goddammit
Burning Since: 2000
Camp Name: First Camp

Post by Captain Goddammit » Sat Feb 20, 2016 6:19 pm

Eddaytona wrote:Don't have to smash through the gate after all!
Uh, Eddy...
ygmir wrote:watch out for this guy if you cross the trash fence!
GreyCoyote: "At this rate it wont be long before he is Admiral Fukkit."

silas thatcher
Camp Name: psychedelic sea dogs

Post by silas thatcher » Fri Feb 26, 2016 12:17 pm

thanks to a heads up from trilo, i got my vp 10 minutes ago after contacting bmorg and they allowed me to get one since there was a screw up...

666isMONEY
Camp Name: BRCCP

Post by 666isMONEY » Mon Mar 21, 2016 9:24 am

Pre-sale is still willing to accept my promo code (I only bought one ticket), I suppose it's still not sold out and that I could buy another ticket?

:coffee:

trilobyte
Site Admin

Post by trilobyte » Mon Mar 21, 2016 9:26 am

So long as tickets are still available and you have not purchased your limit, you should be able to. If your presale code comes up as used, you should write to [email protected] for assistance.

Ratty
Camp Name: Tiger Man

Post by Ratty » Mon Mar 21, 2016 9:27 am

Only one way to find out. If you're thinking about doing it I wouldn't wait. Others are thinking that too.
Those aren't buttermilk biscuits I'm lying on Savannah

Pictures or it didn't happen Greycoyote

Talent hits a target no one else can hit; Genius hits a target no one else can see.
Arthur Schopenhauer

Return to “Tickets Discussion”