I want to point out a couple important things... Trilo's PRO TIPS if you will.
- The sale runs from March 9th at 12pm (noon) PST to March 12th at 12pm (noon). Tickets in this sale are allocated, which means those who have been invited may purchase at any time during the sale.
- The emails confirming your registration and reminding you about today's sale contain your UNIQUE promo code and a link directly to the sale. Use that link! Your Burner Profile page will also contain the sale link and your UNIQUE promo code, but Burner Profiles is a separate system you need to log into that will see a lot of activity during a ticket sale. If you can bypass it entirely - do that.
- If you registered but did not receive either an email confirming your pre-registration or an email reminding you about today's sale... take a deep breath. It might just be that your email provider was too aggressive in their efforts to keep spam out of your inbox. Log into your Burner Profile right now. If you have a UNIQUE promo code showing up in the Sparkly Things section - you're registered. If not, and you are certain that you were both invited and had pre-registered - then send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org asap. Be nice - the ticket team are an awesome bunch of people doing a pretty thankless job.
- Have I mentioned that your UNIQUE promo code is, in fact, UNIQUE? It is. Do not forward your email to friends or give somebody else your UNIQUE promo code. It can only be used once, so if they beat you to the ticketing system during the sale it will be dead to you, or vice versa.
- If noon PST comes and your browser is still telling you that your code is invalid, you may need to clear your browser cache. The best way to do that is to either navigate away from the ticketing site or close all browser windows and tabs with Ticketfly's site on them, clear your browser cache, and then go back to the ticketing page.
- Purchase details. You can use Visa/MasterCard. The name on the card should match the profile. It can be credit or debit. If you don't know what your daily spending limit is, CHECK WITH YOUR BANK NOW - in the case of debit cards, they often have a daily spending limit of $300-$400 to protect you against theft (since it's taking money directly out of your bank account). If you call your bank's customer service number in advance, they can usually make the necessary notes on their end so that your purchase will be approved. Believe me, you don't want to be that person with thousands in the bank who goes through the ticketing process only to have your debit card declined.
- Remember, invitations to this sale are not transferable outside the group and may not be bought, sold, traded or offered as enticements to people outside the group it was issued to, and any exceptions should be approved by the group that issued them (placement, DMV, etc). Groups found to be abusing the system do run the risk of losing their 'good standing' status (affecting their eligibility to participate in future sales) or even having some/all of the group's tickets canceled.
Edited to add:
You should check your email program and email provider to make sure that emails from burningman.org and ticketfly.com are never sent to your spam folder. Specifically, registration and information related emails should come from "Burning Man Tickets via email@example.com and your order confirmation should come from "Ticketfly Events" via firstname.lastname@example.org. If your email provider allows it, add *@burningman.org and *@ticketfly.com to your whitelist (also called trusted senders list), or specify that messages from those addresses never get marked as junk mail (the asterisk means any address at that domain).
On a side note, those who may be posting screen shots of your confirmation screen online... please take care not to reveal your order# in the image. Ticket scalpers and ticket scammers often grab such pics from social media and use them in their listings. That's bad enough, but you definitely don't want your ticket order getting mixed up in somebody else's shady dealings.