Directed Group Sale

Want to talk about tickets? You've come to the right place.
trilobyte
Site Admin
Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Eridu Society

Directed Group Sale

Post by trilobyte » Wed Mar 09, 2016 10:23 am

Today is the by-invitation Directed Group Sale, intended to help some of the camps and projects within the Burning Man community who have a documented track record of building and bringing amazing things to Black Rock City. If you/your camp/your project were not selected, don't take it personally - Burning Man isn't able to invite everyone. You will be able to participate in the Individual Sale (aka the Main Sale) - registration for that opens up on March 16, and the sale is on March 23 (more info can be found on the tickets page). If it helps, every ticket sold in this sale is one less person competing for tickets in the main sale.

I want to point out a couple important things... Trilo's PRO TIPS if you will.
  • The sale runs from March 9th at 12pm (noon) PST to March 12th at 12pm (noon). Tickets in this sale are allocated, which means those who have been invited may purchase at any time during the sale.
  • The emails confirming your registration and reminding you about today's sale contain your UNIQUE promo code and a link directly to the sale. Use that link! Your Burner Profile page will also contain the sale link and your UNIQUE promo code, but Burner Profiles is a separate system you need to log into that will see a lot of activity during a ticket sale. If you can bypass it entirely - do that.
  • If you registered but did not receive either an email confirming your pre-registration or an email reminding you about today's sale... take a deep breath. It might just be that your email provider was too aggressive in their efforts to keep spam out of your inbox. Log into your Burner Profile right now. If you have a UNIQUE promo code showing up in the Sparkly Things section - you're registered. If not, and you are certain that you were both invited and had pre-registered - then send an email to ticketsupport@burningman.org asap. Be nice - the ticket team are an awesome bunch of people doing a pretty thankless job.
  • Have I mentioned that your UNIQUE promo code is, in fact, UNIQUE? It is. Do not forward your email to friends or give somebody else your UNIQUE promo code. It can only be used once, so if they beat you to the ticketing system during the sale it will be dead to you, or vice versa.
  • If noon PST comes and your browser is still telling you that your code is invalid, you may need to clear your browser cache. The best way to do that is to either navigate away from the ticketing site or close all browser windows and tabs with Ticketfly's site on them, clear your browser cache, and then go back to the ticketing page.
  • Purchase details. You can use Visa/MasterCard. The name on the card should match the profile. It can be credit or debit. If you don't know what your daily spending limit is, CHECK WITH YOUR BANK NOW - in the case of debit cards, they often have a daily spending limit of $300-$400 to protect you against theft (since it's taking money directly out of your bank account). If you call your bank's customer service number in advance, they can usually make the necessary notes on their end so that your purchase will be approved. Believe me, you don't want to be that person with thousands in the bank who goes through the ticketing process only to have your debit card declined.
  • Remember, invitations to this sale are not transferable outside the group and may not be bought, sold, traded or offered as enticements to people outside the group it was issued to, and any exceptions should be approved by the group that issued them (placement, DMV, etc). Groups found to be abusing the system do run the risk of losing their 'good standing' status (affecting their eligibility to participate in future sales) or even having some/all of the group's tickets canceled.
Okay, that's it. Feel free to post your enthusiasm and excitement as well as your success or failure in the sale below. If you need help or assistance, please send me a PM - whatever you do, do not post your unique promo code or any of your account details on the message board. Good luck!

Edited to add:
You should check your email program and email provider to make sure that emails from burningman.org and ticketfly.com are never sent to your spam folder. Specifically, registration and information related emails should come from "Burning Man Tickets via ticketsupport@burningman.org and your order confirmation should come from "Ticketfly Events" via memberservices@ticketfly.com. If your email provider allows it, add *@burningman.org and *@ticketfly.com to your whitelist (also called trusted senders list), or specify that messages from those addresses never get marked as junk mail (the asterisk means any address at that domain).

On a side note, those who may be posting screen shots of your confirmation screen online... please take care not to reveal your order# in the image. Ticket scalpers and ticket scammers often grab such pics from social media and use them in their listings. That's bad enough, but you definitely don't want your ticket order getting mixed up in somebody else's shady dealings.

LowePro

Re: Directed sale?

Post by LowePro » Wed Mar 09, 2016 12:07 pm

In and out. 12:03.
Not bad!
Thank you Bman ticketing and everyone involved with DGS
Last edited by LowePro on Wed Mar 09, 2016 12:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

motskyroonmatick
Camp Name: B.R.C. Welding&Repair

Post by motskyroonmatick » Wed Mar 09, 2016 12:11 pm

Yeah that was super fast! All done by 12:06.
Black Rock City Welding & Repair. The Night Time Warming Station. iGNiTE! Bar.

Card Carrying Member BRCCP.

When you pass the 4th "bridge out!" sign; the flaming death is all yours.-Knowmad-

Raoul
Burning Since: 2014
Camp Name: Honest MiSteak

Post by Raoul » Wed Mar 09, 2016 12:11 pm

Ditto that. Piece of cake! Thanks to all.
"No problem is ever solved in the same consciousness that was used to create it." --Albert Einstein

Honest MiSteak: 2018
Hookah Lounge\Black Rock Power Co-op: 2014 - 2017

Dr Dilemma
Camp Name: Paradise Motel

Post by Dr Dilemma » Wed Mar 09, 2016 12:12 pm

Easiest. Sale. Ever. (Well, since the days you could wander into Sports Basement or Distractions anytime you wanted ...)

FIGJAM

Re: Directed Group Sale

Post by FIGJAM » Wed Mar 09, 2016 12:18 pm

$963.74!!!!!!!!! 8)
"Don't buy ur Burn...........Build ur Burn!"

"If I can't find an answer, I'll create one!!!"

Fuck Im Good Just Ask Me

Papa Bear
Burning Since: 2003
Camp Name: Astral Headwash. Not a Placer

Post by Papa Bear » Wed Mar 09, 2016 12:20 pm

By far the smoothest sale I've ever been part of - and that includes '03, when I bought mine at the counter in Reno.

LowePro

Post by LowePro » Wed Mar 09, 2016 12:25 pm

Yeah $71 Nevada entertainment fee. Not thrilled about that.

mudpuppy000
Burning Since: 2009
Camp Name: THE BELLIGERENT GAP

Post by mudpuppy000 » Wed Mar 09, 2016 12:28 pm

Easy, other than forgetting my ticketfly login info and kind of freaking out.

TT120
Burning Since: 2012
Camp Name: Orphans TOO!

Post by TT120 » Wed Mar 09, 2016 12:29 pm

Done and done. That was super easy. Sure put a dent in my credit card though....

Time to start collecting all the things....
Life's a bitch, then you go to Burning Man - Unjonharley
We welcome the stranger, but that doesn't mean we have to like them, nor they us, and that's alright. - AntiM

W6BJD

pink
Burning Since: 2005
Camp Name: Retrofrolic

Post by pink » Wed Mar 09, 2016 12:32 pm

I was deleting crap out of my email and saw the reminder email from burning man. Oh crap, it's Wednesday! It's 12:08! I forgot my ticketfly password! Still the easiest ticket buy I've ever had. I figured they'd be a lot of people buying right now but my green man sprinted to the finish line.
I'm not a slut, I'm good time floozy!

GreyCoyote
Burning Since: 2000

Post by GreyCoyote » Wed Mar 09, 2016 12:33 pm

In the queue at the stroke of Noon PST. Running Green Man for about 60 seconds, and then into Ticketfly instantly thereafter. Confirmation received by 12:04.

THIS is how it's done! :mrgreen:

Flawless work, Ticketing Peeps and Ticketfly!
"To sum up my compassion level, I think we should feed the unwanted animals to the homeless. Or visa versa. Too much attention and money is spent on both."
(A Beautiful Mind)

trilobyte
Site Admin

Post by trilobyte » Wed Mar 09, 2016 12:34 pm

Excellent, glad to hear it's proceeding smoothly. I was able to get through without incident shortly after it started.

Big thanks to the ticket team and the Burning Man tech team, who did a lot of work behind the scenes to help ensure that things go more smoothly in all the sales.

MFOB
Burning Since: 2013
Camp Name: Camp Hot Mayo

Post by MFOB » Wed Mar 09, 2016 12:36 pm

Easy Cheesy Lemon Squeezie..

Your order for BURNING MAN 2016 on 8/28 – 9/5 is confirmed. Have a great time! A confirmation email has been sent to badassmothafuka@awesome.com (not a real email address)
Last edited by MFOB on Wed Mar 09, 2016 12:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
These angles are all fenced up!

Krokodyle
Camp Name: Orphans Too / Camp Space Hole

Post by Krokodyle » Wed Mar 09, 2016 12:38 pm

Yeah, that was the fastest the little man crossed the screen, ever! :mrgreen:

Success!
I can't help it, I'm a born lever-puller.

"DON'T TELL ME HOW TO BURN©®"

Campmaster
Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: 7 Sins Lounge

Post by Campmaster » Wed Mar 09, 2016 12:38 pm

[quote="mudpuppy000"]Easy, other than forgetting my ticketfly login info and kind of freaking out.[/quote]

yeah, that scared me!

Mr. Just Right
Burning Since: 2011

Post by Mr. Just Right » Wed Mar 09, 2016 12:40 pm

Really easy process once again! See you all in the dust!

Captain Goddammit
Burning Since: 2000
Camp Name: First Camp

Post by Captain Goddammit » Wed Mar 09, 2016 1:00 pm

Oh fuck I forgot about having Ticketfly log in info.
Guess I better figure that out when I get home from work.

Edit. Ok got that handled via iPhone. Good to go.
Last edited by Captain Goddammit on Wed Mar 09, 2016 1:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GreyCoyote: "At this rate it wont be long before he is Admiral Fukkit."

fernley1
Camp Name: Camp not for Prophets.

Post by fernley1 » Wed Mar 09, 2016 1:04 pm

So easy, in and out.
And I liked the "bell" when it was time to buy.

AntiM
Burning Since: 2001
Camp Name: Anti M's Home for Wayward Art

Post by AntiM » Wed Mar 09, 2016 1:04 pm

Wow. Fast!

dustyfux
Camp Name: Break It Down

Post by dustyfux » Wed Mar 09, 2016 1:17 pm

11:55, electronic bitch fest in which all parties agreed that historically the ticket sales process ranked up there with warm flat beer and prostate exams, and that we had no indication to believe our upcoming purchase would be any different. Had a great game of "Remember back when.....". (remember when BM hosted tix sales on their own servers and the site crashed at 12:02? remember when you'd be assigned a number in line...'You're number 10,356!'?)

Well, guess we got someone new in charge over there in the ticking back office - good job to that team. Seriously, put that shit on a t-shirt and you're gonna get free booze all over the playa this year.

Elderberry
Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Mudskipper Cafe

Post by Elderberry » Wed Mar 09, 2016 1:18 pm

Same here.
JK
http://www.mudskippercafe.com
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle.
Then I realized that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me

torrey.smith
Camp Name: Sextant

Post by torrey.smith » Wed Mar 09, 2016 1:26 pm

In and out by 12:03. So fast and easy I was able to attend /u/mudclub's orientation for Burner Newbies over at the Plug & Play forum.
Sarge

trilobyte
Site Admin

Post by trilobyte » Wed Mar 09, 2016 1:43 pm

@dustyfux... not quite. Going way back, Burning Man ticket sales was never done on Burning Man's servers, it was always on the ticket provider's servers. Also, the same people are running the Burning Man ticket team. What has changed is both technology (the evolution of hardware, software, and bandwidth are huge factors) and Burning Man has changed ticketing providers a couple times (depending on how far back you're going).

The other crucial consideration is that the directed group sale is not the main sale. This is an invitation-based sale, with the number of invitations being equal to the number of available tickets... so there's no rush.

I am extremely grateful that this year's DGS process has been so smooth, but don't take that as an indicator that the main sale will not be some kind of mayhem. When the main sale happens, there are usually more people registered than there are tickets available to buy, and almost everyone who registered is all right there at the word go.

Elliot
Burning Since: 2006
Camp Name: Elliot's Bicycle Service

Post by Elliot » Wed Mar 09, 2016 1:55 pm

A flawless purchase.
Now.... I know better than to ask this here... but so far I have failed to find it on the Ticket Page.... One of our campers bought his tickets for pickup at Will Call, but may want to change that to "ship to my house". Is that possible? I looked at my own Ticketfly account and saw a way to change the shipping address, but nothing about Will Call.
Our address in 2019 is at 4:00 & Cupid
NOW HIRING BICYCLE TECHNICIANS
Elliot's Naked Bicycle Service, Massage Clinic, Body Painting Studio, & Piano Lounge

jewelzontheplaya
Camp Name: Barbie Death Camp

Post by jewelzontheplaya » Wed Mar 09, 2016 3:31 pm

Absolutely Flawless! Doing the happy dance!

Live the life you Love, Love the life you live ~ Robert Nesta Marley

dustyfux
Camp Name: Break It Down

Post by dustyfux » Wed Mar 09, 2016 3:49 pm

Trilo ~ corrections noted, don't want to start rumors. The proof is in the pudding so whether its people, technology, or unicorns blasting rainbows out of their arses that made this years ticket purchase better than a vice-grip performed tooth extraction - thanks.

And to the genius who chose Ticketfly over the previous ticket providers - gold star!

(I gotta think that group is not used to compliments, they probably only hear cries and lamenting from the masses)

trilobyte
Site Admin

Post by trilobyte » Wed Mar 09, 2016 3:51 pm

@Elliot - Yes, ship method can be changed post-purchase. There is a help article with instructions on the ticketing support site, it is currently offline but will be back once they enable order changes.

doktarspazz
Burning Since: 2009
Camp Name: Freestyle Palace

Post by doktarspazz » Wed Mar 09, 2016 5:12 pm

fastest sale I've participated in yet, thanks team!

Elliot
Burning Since: 2006
Camp Name: Elliot's Bicycle Service

Post by Elliot » Wed Mar 09, 2016 5:23 pm

Thanks Trilo! Yeah, I kind'a wondered why I couldn't find it.
Our address in 2019 is at 4:00 & Cupid
NOW HIRING BICYCLE TECHNICIANS
Elliot's Naked Bicycle Service, Massage Clinic, Body Painting Studio, & Piano Lounge

Return to “Tickets Discussion”