Got my ticket - but not really

Want to talk about tickets? You've come to the right place.
LittleJack
Burning Since: 2009
Camp Name: Hushville

Got my ticket - but not really

Postby LittleJack » Wed Jun 22, 2016 12:20 pm

I wasn't home to receive the delivery yesterday, so today at lunch I went down to the Post Office to pick up my package. Inside was my receipt, a survival guide, a vehicle pass, a postcard, and an Atomic Fireball.

But no ticket.

Has this happened to anyone else? Ticketfly's support line doesn't open until 2pm PST, so I'll call them in a couple of hours. I've also contacted BM ticket support via their web form.
--------
I like my coffee like I like my women: strong, earthy and full bodied!

VultureChow
Burning Since: 2012
Camp Name: Hookers & Makers @ Barbie Death Village

Re: Got my ticket - but not really

Postby VultureChow » Wed Jun 22, 2016 12:29 pm

I think it happened to someone on here last year. Deep breaths. You have time to resolve it.

Also, did you order in two separate transactions? Even with the same address, if there's two transaction numbers, they'll ship separately.
Sic Semper Spectatores

LittleJack

Postby LittleJack » Wed Jun 22, 2016 3:45 pm

I just spoke with Ticketfly customer support. The person with whom I spoke had to relay everything back and forth to their manager, with whom I was unable to speak directly. She then told me that they hadn't been trained on Burning Man tickets, which was a bit of a shock since they are the sole vendor for some 68,000 of said tickets, so you'd think they'd be trained in this.

I received a not very encouraging "We'll look into this and email you when we have an answer". I asked for a timeframe and was given a very vague "Could be a few days..."

I'm glad this is happening in June and not August! :)
--------

burner von braun
Burning Since: 2010

Postby burner von braun » Wed Jun 22, 2016 4:12 pm

Yes, I recall reading about this occurring a time or two last year (it may have been the year before) and also one person received an extra ticket in their envelope, so it happens.

ticketsupport@burningman have a good solid record of making things right.

As VC said.. just breathe

Good luck LittleJack

LittleJack

It was my error after all

Postby LittleJack » Thu Jul 07, 2016 9:09 am

In the spirit of full honesty and transparency, I'm a bozo. I'm tempted to quote Shakespeare, from Much Ado About Nothing: "O that he were here to write me down an ass! but, masters, remember that I am an ass; though it be not written down, yet forget not that I am an ass."

I was cleaning out my car, and in the process I removed the front floor mat (which actually requires unscrewing it in two places). and lo and behold, my bloody ticket was UNDER the floor mat. I'm not sure how that happened, and if you'd asked me before I'd have said that it was impossible, but there it was.

I just wanted to let the community know that Ticketfly did not screw up the order, this was user error pure and simple.

Abashedly,

-Little Jack
--------

Captain Goddammit
Burning Since: 2000
Camp Name: First Camp

Postby Captain Goddammit » Thu Jul 07, 2016 10:04 am

Well that's a huge relief! Just imagine - if you possibly can - how bad it would have sucked if you couldn't go because of no ticket, THEN found it down there afterwards!!!
GreyCoyote: "At this rate it wont be long before he is Admiral Fukkit."
Delle: Singularly we may be dysfunctional misfits, but together we're magic.

Savannah
Burning Since: 2018

Re: It was my error after all

Postby Savannah » Thu Jul 07, 2016 11:37 am

LittleJack wrote:In the spirit of full honesty and transparency, I'm a bozo. I'm tempted to quote Shakespeare, from Much Ado About Nothing: "O that he were here to write me down an ass! but, masters, remember that I am an ass; though it be not written down, yet forget not that I am an ass."

I was cleaning out my car, and in the process I removed the front floor mat (which actually requires unscrewing it in two places). and lo and behold, my bloody ticket was UNDER the floor mat. I'm not sure how that happened, and if you'd asked me before I'd have said that it was impossible, but there it was.

I just wanted to let the community know that Ticketfly did not screw up the order, this was user error pure and simple.

Abashedly,

-Little Jack

All I can imagine is that it twirled out of your envelope sight unseen when you opened the envelope, and the ticket's so thin it slid under the mat. But . . . yeah, that's crazy. :shock:

Glad your issue was resolved! That could have been REALLY bad . . .
*** 2017 Survival Guide ***

"I must've lost it when I was twerking at the trash fence." -- BBadger

"Snark away, ePlaya, you magnificent bastards." -- McStrangle

Return to “Tickets Discussion”