Resale etiquette

Want to talk about tickets? You've come to the right place.
SquireM
Burning Since: 2014
Camp Name: Hope

Resale etiquette

Postby SquireM » Wed Jun 29, 2016 3:22 pm

I was so very lucky to get two tickets during the main sale. I bought a ticket for myself and my friend. Since then, my friend decided he didn't want to go and there is a good chance I'll be able to buy a discount ticket through our fire collective (if our audition video is selected). Either way, I'll have at least one ticket for sale. Several of my friends in the local Burner community were unable to get tickets and have asked if I would sell them one or both of mine. So here's the etiquette question. Is it frowned on to include the $96.74 of fees when reselling a ticket? If so, why? I'm not looking to make a profit (StubHub has them at $799), but I'd like to sell them for what I paid for them.
Thoughts?

justanta
Burning Since: 2015
Camp Name: Whore's S'mores

Re: Resale etiquette

Postby justanta » Wed Jun 29, 2016 3:26 pm

Not frowned upon at all. You shouldn't sell above what you paid, but the commonly accepted figure for "face-value" 2 tix + vp is 963 and change, which includes some fees.

Eric
Burning Since: 2003
Camp Name: BRC Weekly

Re: Resale etiquette

Postby Eric » Wed Jun 29, 2016 4:13 pm

It's absolutely okay to include the fees & taxes in the price of the ticket (pro-rated, of course - if you just sell one of the tickets you'd only charge the buyer half of the fees & taxes). No one expects you to loose money on the sale, you're just not allowed to make a profit - that's part of the contract for originally buying the ticket: selling for higher than face value can null & void the ticket; if a seller is found out to be scalping they can and will be banned from buying in the future. You're not doing that, you're fine. :D
It's a camping trip in the desert, not the redemption of the fallen world - Cryptofishist

Regarding Scammers & Scalpers
Please read above link for all official information.

Eric ShutterSlut
Ass't Editor, BRC Weekly

Return to “Tickets Discussion”