How do physical ticket transfers work?

Want to talk about tickets? You've come to the right place.
dustandsnow
Burning Since: 2014

How do physical ticket transfers work?

Post by dustandsnow » Tue Jul 19, 2016 9:06 pm

I've read through all of the Ticket Support FAQs and cannot find these questions answered. I've seen that it is possible to transfer a ticket to a person in another location by changing the email address in Ticketfly thus voiding the physical tickets and moving them to Will Call.

My questions:

1) What's to stop someone from selling a physical ticket and then voiding the physical ticket they just sold by transferring it via Ticketfly to someone else at Will Call?

2) If I buy a physical ticket from someone, do they also need to transfer the information in Ticketfly related to the ticket? Are the tickets someone registered to a name / email address?

Sorry if this is in some FAQ somewhere that I did not find. This is my second burn and I haven't successfully bought tickets using the online system so I don't have a sense for how it works.

Just_Joe
Burning Since: 2020
Camp Name: Black Rock Weather

Re: How do physical ticket transfers work?

Post by Just_Joe » Tue Jul 19, 2016 9:17 pm

Once shipped, it looks like the only way to transfer a ticket is the old fashioned way. Person to person, preferably face to face. Subsequent "owners" do not need to have it registered in their name

Good luck!

Return to “Tickets Discussion”