It's... the 2016 OMG Sale Thread!

Want to talk about tickets? You've come to the right place.
asr9754

Re: It's... the 2016 OMG Sale Thread!

Post by asr9754 » Wed Aug 03, 2016 12:44 pm

Campmates had intense FB Chatter during the sale, a lot of Database errors, reloading, time-outs, reloading, etc,
but by 12:15 4 of the ten or so people trying them had gotten thru. So it was possible. Patience and refreshing and luck? Various browsers, phones, android, chrome, etc.

somebodys-mom
Burning Since: 2014
Camp Name: Camp 511. We provide your traffic info

Re: Argh! Burner Profiles kicked me out!

Post by somebodys-mom » Wed Aug 03, 2016 12:58 pm

Yeah, I didn't get a unique access code either. I've often wondered if tickets are directed at folks who have the best looking profile or who have more volunteer work listed. Maybe I just didn't use the right buzzwords.

Oh well, I guess I'll try again next year. I doubt I can get tickets via the after-market, plus I have a farm and so I need more lead-in time so I can line up farm care and get things prepared for that. If I didn't get tickets today, it'll be too late for waiting for the after-market.

Sad-face.
Beware of inviting trouble. It usually accepts.

trilobyte
Site Admin
Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Eridu Society

Post by trilobyte » Wed Aug 03, 2016 1:01 pm

I've merged threads discussing today's OMG sale with this one.

Meezums
Burning Since: 2020

Missed out

Post by Meezums » Wed Aug 03, 2016 1:04 pm

Flying from Australia for this event. Missed out back in March on tickets and missed out again.

Thank you

trilobyte
Site Admin

Post by trilobyte » Wed Aug 03, 2016 1:09 pm

I've confirmed that while there was a hiccup at the strike of twelve, it happened after the initial authentication and placement in the queue. Place in queue was not lost, so once the issue was resolved it distributed to the people who were going to get them before the server got the hiccups.

Yes, it totally sucks that the servers struggled, but it's good to know that nobody lost out (or got somebody else's ticket allocation) as a result of it.

dragonpilot
Burning Since: 2005
Camp Name: Elliot's Bicycle Repair

Post by dragonpilot » Wed Aug 03, 2016 1:19 pm

Meezums wrote:Flying from Australia for this event. Missed out back in March on tickets and missed out again.
Don't give up! There aftermarket is starting to heat up, but you must stay vigilant so as not to miss out on a ticket that pops up. We love Aussies Burners!
Don't bore your friends with all your troubles. Tell your enemies instead, for they will delight in hearing about them.

somebodys-mom

Post by somebodys-mom » Wed Aug 03, 2016 1:35 pm

trilobyte wrote:I've confirmed that while there was a hiccup at the strike of twelve, it happened after the initial authentication and placement in the queue. Place in queue was not lost, so once the issue was resolved it distributed to the people who were going to get them before the server got the hiccups.

Yes, it totally sucks that the servers struggled, but it's good to know that nobody lost out (or got somebody else's ticket allocation) as a result of it.
The thing with that was that I didn't even get a button option to get INTO the queue. The clock reset itself to 10 seconds and then when it counted down again, nothing. Then the whole system booted me completely out. By the time I was able to log back on, everything was done. Such is life, I guess.

Korhindi
Burning Since: 2012

Post by Korhindi » Wed Aug 03, 2016 1:36 pm

trilobyte wrote:I've confirmed that while there was a hiccup at the strike of twelve, it happened after the initial authentication and placement in the queue. Place in queue was not lost, so once the issue was resolved it distributed to the people who were going to get them before the server got the hiccups.

When I clicked on the button at noon, I got a little message in the box saying "database error." I then refreshed and got the same error. Then after another refresh I got a blanket Error 505 message. This persisted for about 10 minutes and then it all came up and told me to click again and when I did, all the tickets were gone.

So, while I appreciate what you are trying to say, I really don't feel my "place in line" was even registered to begin with. I normally wouldn't be as miffed about this, but this year there has been nothing but glitches, errors and such followed by damage control statements like this.

I get that demand exceeds supply. I just wish that when I clicked on the button it would indicate I was in the queue (or something) followed by tickets available or sold out. In short, this not knowing WTF is going on when I follow the instructions is getting really old fast.

trilobyte
Site Admin

Post by trilobyte » Wed Aug 03, 2016 1:46 pm

My understanding is that when the database error had occurred, there were already many many more people who had clicked and entered the sale than there were tickets or vehicle passes to be purchased. If you believe there was some other technical glitch at play, please send an email to ticketsupport@burningman.org with your burner profile info, details of your experience, and screen shots (if any).

somebodys-mom

Post by somebodys-mom » Wed Aug 03, 2016 1:55 pm

trilobyte wrote:My understanding is that when the database error had occurred, there were already many many more people who had clicked and entered the sale than there were tickets or vehicle passes to be purchased. If you believe there was some other technical glitch at play, please send an email to ticketsupport@burningman.org with your burner profile info, details of your experience, and screen shots (if any).

But that's just the thing, I never even got the option to click at all. Never had a sale button even pop up. Just the countdown, a second countdown, booted from the entire Profiles system and then nothing.

trilobyte
Site Admin

Post by trilobyte » Wed Aug 03, 2016 2:06 pm

Again, you're welcome to get in touch with ticketing support (as per the post you quoted), but I think (and this is me thinking out loud, based on the information that was shared) the queue hit capacity and seized as the site was in the process of updating all those pages.

SunriseSunset
Burning Since: 2015
Camp Name: Hushville

Post by SunriseSunset » Wed Aug 03, 2016 4:13 pm

Lash wrote:I was logged in early, clicked on the button less than a second after it popped up and nothing by 12:13 (3:13 EST). So I refreshed. Because that's what everyone I know who got tickets did during the main sale. This time, it immediately gave me a "There are no more OMG tickets available." So much for that plan. Stuck wondering if I would have gotten the tickets if I would have been patient like I was the main sale for an hour :(....

I clicked right as the button popped up... waiting about 30 seconds while the thingy spun around... and when I refreshed, I got in and got my tickets. The thing is, there's really no way to know whether I got tickets and it got stuck loading, or if refreshing after 30 seconds did the trick.

Intregin
Burning Since: 2006
Camp Name: Pit Stop

Entertainment Tax Re: It's... the 2016 OMG Sale Thread!

Post by Intregin » Wed Aug 03, 2016 4:24 pm

Danibel wrote: "Not sure it's a real image, but someone just posted a OMG check out without the entertainment tax added. Not sure how that got missed (if it's not a shopped image). "

Probably a real image. I saw the same thing on my friend's receipt. Does this mean prior purchasers will be getting refunds??

sunflower7
Burning Since: 2016
Camp Name: Dream Society

Post by sunflower7 » Wed Aug 03, 2016 4:41 pm

SunriseSunset wrote:
Lash wrote:I was logged in early, clicked on the button less than a second after it popped up and nothing by 12:13 (3:13 EST). So I refreshed. Because that's what everyone I know who got tickets did during the main sale. This time, it immediately gave me a "There are no more OMG tickets available." So much for that plan. Stuck wondering if I would have gotten the tickets if I would have been patient like I was the main sale for an hour :(....

I clicked right as the button popped up... waiting about 30 seconds while the thingy spun around... and when I refreshed, I got in and got my tickets. The thing is, there's really no way to know whether I got tickets and it got stuck loading, or if refreshing after 30 seconds did the trick.

I had the queue icon run to the front, then was redirected to a purchase website, but it did not give me tickets in the end.

Gunslinger

Post by Gunslinger » Wed Aug 03, 2016 6:15 pm

SunriseSunset wrote:

Your Avatar picture looks like it was taken right after you got tickets... jus' saying' (lucky b@stard)

dragonpilot

Post by dragonpilot » Wed Aug 03, 2016 7:40 pm

I think there was conflicting information. On the one hand early instructions in the Burning Man Journal said: "On the day of the sale, log in to your Burner Profile a bit ahead of time and make sure all of your information is accurate (including email and mailing addresses) Note: do not go to the Ticketfly website. You must go to Burner Profiles. By 11:55 am PDT, you should be logged into your Burner Profile and ready for the sale to begin. There will be a countdown clock. At exactly noon, the timer will be replaced with a button that says “ENTER OMG SALE”. Click the button!"

Tuesday different instructions came out referencing one's "unique access code" further advising: "Please note that your access code WILL NOT be reflected in your Profile and is not good for purchase of event tickets." However, there were no instructions indicating what one was supposed to do with the "unique access code" and further stating or implying that the access code wasn't good for purchasing tickets, anyway...confusing some, perhaps not others.

So, apparently the earlier instructions were invalid, superseded by the Tuesday instructions, which, in my view, were incomplete. After several frustrating minutes trying to figure out what to do I copied and pasted my "unique access code" to my browser, hit enter and was immediately taken to the ticketing page. To be fair, I was after a Vehicle Pass only, but that's beside the point. The point is there were two sets of instructions...one invalid, one valid but incomplete.
Don't bore your friends with all your troubles. Tell your enemies instead, for they will delight in hearing about them.

asr9754

Post by asr9754 » Wed Aug 03, 2016 8:51 pm

No one in my crew ever got a separate set of instructions on Tuesday. I wonder if that was only for VP people? Or people that got special early approval from within the system somehow?

In other news, my campmates who closed the deal on OMG tickets today are reporting that they DIDN'T GET CHARGED THE 9% NEVADA TAX! Yes I know that's all caps. Did the tax get overturned?

SunriseSunset
Burning Since: 2015

Post by SunriseSunset » Wed Aug 03, 2016 9:57 pm

Gunslinger wrote:
SunriseSunset wrote:

Your Avatar picture looks like it was taken right after you got tickets... jus' saying' (lucky b@stard)
Actually, this was the pic I took right I bought the tickets... ;-)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Aaron Patten

Post by Aaron Patten » Thu Aug 04, 2016 10:46 am

I had a countdown timer that flashed all kinds of different numbers before reaching noon (I waited the full 30 minutes pretty much. didn't do anything other than sit there and watch). At noon the timer just kept getting reset to a random number over and over and over and over never showing the purchase button. After almost a minute of this I decided to refresh and got the server database error described above. I then refreshed again and got an internal server error 505. A few more times of refreshing produced that same error (internal server error 505) until the third time when i started getting the database error again and then back to the 505 server error. After enough refreshes I was finally able to see the purchase button. Clicked it and didn't seem to have any trouble with the ordering process through ticketfly. I now have a receipt from ticketfly and have confirmed with my credit card company that the funds have been approved and sent.

I have a different problem. I have no tickets. I have payed and received a receipt of payment but I don't have any tickets. My burner profile says I need to purchase my tickets but I already have and the funds are gone ( I cannot afford to purchase more tickets because I've already payed for the tickets I've already purchased and not received). I only have one hour to resolve this. Can anyone tell me what is going on? Is this just another glitch in burning man related software?

Aaron Patten

Post by Aaron Patten » Thu Aug 04, 2016 10:47 am

I had a countdown timer that flashed all kinds of different numbers before reaching noon (I waited the full 30 minutes pretty much. didn't do anything other than sit there and watch). At noon the timer just kept getting reset to a random number over and over and over and over never showing the purchase button. After almost a minute of this I decided to refresh and got the server database error described above. I then refreshed again and got an internal server error 505. A few more times of refreshing produced that same error (internal server error 505) until the third time when i started getting the database error again and then back to the 505 server error. After enough refreshes I was finally able to see the purchase button. Clicked it and didn't seem to have any trouble with the ordering process through ticketfly. I now have a receipt from ticketfly and have confirmed with my credit card company that the funds have been approved and sent.

I have a different problem. I have no tickets. I have payed and received a receipt of payment but I don't have any tickets. My burner profile says I need to purchase my tickets but I already have and the funds are gone ( I cannot afford to purchase more tickets because I've already payed for the tickets I've already purchased and not received). I only have one hour to resolve this. Can anyone tell me what is going on? Is this just another glitch in burning man related software?

Aaron Patten

Post by Aaron Patten » Thu Aug 04, 2016 10:49 am

Aaron Patten

Post by Aaron Patten » Thu Aug 04, 2016 10:49 am

No matter where I post my posts are getting redirected to here and this is not where I am posting my reply. What is wrong with this website?

asr9754

Post by asr9754 » Thu Aug 04, 2016 11:00 am

No one has OMG tickets yet. They have to be shipped or picked up at WillCall. What shipping method did you choose? You have to actually read the text as you are clicking and typing.

Now today, if you click on the Ticket Purchase in your burner profile, what happens? Does it take you to a screen saying your Purchase Code has already been used? Or will it let you make another purchase?

This forum is just a chat-room, nothing official, so you should contact Bman ticketing and/or ticketfly if the problem is still unsolved.

Aaron Patten

Post by Aaron Patten » Thu Aug 04, 2016 11:04 am

I chose Will Call.
I do get a message saying that the code is already used.
I am not sure how to contact BMan ticketing before noon today.

asr9754

Post by asr9754 » Thu Aug 04, 2016 11:10 am

Then you're fine. You won't get your tickets until you arrive at the gate and wait in the very long will-call line.

Jackass

Post by Jackass » Thu Aug 04, 2016 11:13 am

If you chose will call, then how in the hell do you expect to have your tickets already?

Pick them up at will call, as you indicated when you purchased your tickets. What's so hard to understand about that...
Sooner or later, it will get real strange...

11th Principle: Depussyfication - Keeping Burning Man potentially lethal. Token

Aaron Patten

Post by Aaron Patten » Thu Aug 04, 2016 11:15 am

For other people they have an indicator in their burner profile that shows them that they have tickets. I have no such indicator.
I have been able to send an e-mail to BMan ticketing. Hard to imagine they'd be able to read it before noon. Hopefully it's just a non- issue.

dragonpilot

Post by dragonpilot » Thu Aug 04, 2016 11:39 am

Aaron Patten wrote:For other people they have an indicator in their burner profile that shows them that they have tickets. I have no such indicator.
I have been able to send an e-mail to BMan ticketing. Hard to imagine they'd be able to read it before noon. Hopefully it's just a non- issue.
The Burner Profile doesn't mean anything unless it's information YOU input to it changing or updating something. If you have a sale confirmation you're fine. If you chose WILLCALL, then your ticket will be waiting for you there.

Intregin
Burning Since: 2006
Camp Name: Pit Stop

Post by Intregin » Thu Aug 04, 2016 11:44 am

Log into your Ticketfly account and select orders. If the order completed, you will be able to view and reprint it.

This notice is on Ticketfly:

We are experiencing a slight delay with confirmation emails, specifically to Gmail addresses. We are reaching out for a resolution. In the meantime, if you have a Gmail address, please be patient. Your confirmation email will arrive. You can always check your orders by logging in to Ticketfly.com and going to My Account. From there, you can view both Print at Home and Mobile tickets.

Mohairs
Burning Since: 2013

Post by Mohairs » Sat Aug 06, 2016 6:32 pm

I was shocked I got OMG tickets. I had to refresh my page and then got in.

Does anyone know when they're being mailed out?

Return to “Tickets Discussion”