vehicle pass question

Want to talk about tickets? You've come to the right place.
Twystyd Mystic
Burning Since: 2016

vehicle pass question

Post by Twystyd Mystic » Thu Aug 04, 2016 12:54 pm

Hi all, I'll be driving to BRC from Michigan, but I don't currently have a VP - I came close a couple times, but no cigar yet. I know a few people who have extra ones (two in my camp I believe), but those are all tied to tickets, so they can't sell them to me :(

I'm still hopeful I'll be able to procure one beforehand, but in the event that I'm unable to, and I have to drive all the way out there without one, what is the likelihood that I could arrive, pull over to the D-lot or whatever, get out and go find one of the people with extra ones (I realize this could be tough), and have them come out and drive in with me? Does that sound feasible?

Again, I'm really hoping it doesn't come to that, as that would be pretty stressful, but I'm thinking worst case scenario.

Any advice appreciated!

Sham

Re: vehicle pass question

Post by Sham » Thu Aug 04, 2016 12:57 pm

Breath in, breath out!

No, they are not tied to tickets in any way. You can buy just the VP's from your friends without fear of the sky falling.
It will all work out and before you know it, you'll be in the middle of the Black Rock Desert wondering how the hell you got there.

Welcome to eplaya and to the "Amazing World of Burning Man"!

Sham....

Twystyd Mystic
Burning Since: 2016

Post by Twystyd Mystic » Thu Aug 04, 2016 1:24 pm

Breathing innnn, and ouuuuut

Ahhh, okay :mrgreen:

I think their tickets were purchased through the low income program, so they have to be picked up at will call I believe - so maybe they aren't transferrable or something? Both friends said the same thing, and they don't know each other, so someone must've told them that.

In any case, thanks so much Sham! I'm sure it'll work out somehow 8)

Eric
Burning Since: 2003
Camp Name: BRC Weekly

Post by Eric » Thu Aug 04, 2016 1:34 pm

Twystyd Mystic wrote:I'm thinking worst case scenario.
Worst case scenario? You wait in RENO to try to find someone who needs a ride & has a ticket & VP (the airport is a good spot, there's a rideshare program set up there). Do not head to the playa without a VP - best case they will turn your vehicle around & send you back to Reno anyway, and there is nowhere between the turn off of I-80 & the Burn to wait, hoping for a person with a VP to show up. Again, do it in Reno.

Low income tickets & VPs are tied together, but if you're the one giving one of those friends a ride you're all set. You just wait at Will Call with them while they pick them up.
It's a camping trip in the desert, not the redemption of the fallen world - Cryptofishist

Regarding Scammers & Scalpers
Please read above link for all official information.

Eric ShutterSlut
Ass't Editor, BRC Weekly

Sham

Post by Sham » Thu Aug 04, 2016 1:37 pm

The VP's are all the same price, and they can be equally stuck on the windshield of DaVinci ticket holder or a low income ticket holder. As far as windshields go, they are all equal. :shock:

It sounds like Eric and I are saying different things, but I am assuming that you're going to be going to will call with your friend.

BBadger
Burning Since: 2010

Post by BBadger » Thu Aug 04, 2016 2:49 pm

If your friends are ahead of you have them call you to notify you of the status of your VP if it's being held at Will Call. Remarkably, even I got cell reception out at Burning Man via some weird network that had been set up out there (I'm having problems even now in my office).

Do NOT travel to the gate or the vicinity of BM in general unless you know you have a VP waiting for you. Ticket/pass requests/begging is disallowed in the vicinity of the event.
"The essence of tyranny is not iron law. It is capricious law." -- Christopher Hitchens

Hate reading my replies? Click here to add me to your plonk (foe) list.

trilobyte
Site Admin
Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Eridu Society

Post by trilobyte » Fri Aug 05, 2016 9:44 am

I'm giving this a nudge to the tickets discussion board, since that's a better fit for discussions about tickets and vehicle passes.

Return to “Tickets Discussion”