USER ID of Magicaldust is a Scammer BUYER BE WARE

Want to talk about tickets? You've come to the right place.
DrDISK
Burning Since: 2016
Camp Name: Poly Paradise

USER ID of Magicaldust is a Scammer BUYER BE WARE

Post by DrDISK » Sun Aug 21, 2016 6:03 pm

I was Scammed by Forum ID of Magicaldust). Spoke with her on the phone several times.. (its Now Disconnected!) ....I sent her $470 via a money transfer service. We agreed to this plan; She sends ticket, after I received the ticket I send her the money transfer reference number. 15 Minutes after I placed the $ into the service, she withdrew the money WITHOUT me sending her the Reference number. How Can This Happen ? I have complained to the service. The service says they will not release $ without a reference number. The service has opened an "Incident" about Their Releasing my $ without a supplied reference number. I was also told to go to my local Police Station, complete a Fraud claim - Will DO. I was so happy to get a ticket to BM (I'm a Virgin) I used the money transfer service Magicaldust recommended. Buyer BE ware !

Jackass

Re: USER ID of Magicaldust is a Scammer BUYER BE WARE

Post by Jackass » Sun Aug 21, 2016 6:07 pm

MUST READ

If you read the thread above, it's been said not to mess around with wire transfers at all. I'm sorry you got jacked.
Sooner or later, it will get real strange...

11th Principle: Depussyfication - Keeping Burning Man potentially lethal. Token

DrDISK
Camp Name: Poly Paradise

Post by DrDISK » Sun Aug 21, 2016 6:25 pm

Thank you for the reply.
Q: How would you recommend getting a ticket from a person on the west coast to me on the east coast ?

Jackass

Post by Jackass » Sun Aug 21, 2016 7:00 pm

At this point in time you'll have to do some next day guaranteed shipping or do a ticketfly transfer for a will call ticket. Use PayPal or meet in person for a hand off. Remember to grill the seller a little. If something doesn't add up or seems a little off, walk away.

P.S. Don't forget to contact the fraud department at Burning Man. fraud@burningman.org
Sooner or later, it will get real strange...

11th Principle: Depussyfication - Keeping Burning Man potentially lethal. Token

American2316

Post by American2316 » Sun Aug 21, 2016 8:43 pm

This is the same person that got my husband and I for $880. Wow she is getting rich of us! Horrible person! We are also virgin burners but have friends that have went for the last 5 years who we plan to go with if we ever get tickets! I'm so sorry it happened to you too. I made as many posts and report's as I could to make sure it didn't happen to anyone else. Makes me very sad it did!

AntiM
Burning Since: 2001
Camp Name: Anti M's Home for Wayward Art

Post by AntiM » Mon Aug 22, 2016 4:58 am

File a police report. The user has been banned here, but does not mean they cannot form a new account and try again. I am sorry it happened on eplaya, but there is not much we can do as moderators beforehand.

Return to “Tickets Discussion”