THE P.P.P. Needs YOU

Building an art installation or mutant vehicle? Planning to perform? Building a stage or performance space? Talk about it here.
Simon of the Playa
Burning Since: 1996
Camp Name: La Guilde des Hashischins

THE P.P.P. Needs YOU

Post by Simon of the Playa » Mon Apr 04, 2016 9:40 am

12924519_1706902412926608_6166849916943118418_n.jpg

from the Potty of Elder Wrong.

So I am taking the torch this year to keep the Porta-Potty project up and running while Robbi takes a rest! We are currently recruiting for sector chiefs for Burning Man 2016!
Below is a description of this volunteer position and what it entails.
Porta Potty Sector Chief
-------------
Purpose: To help educate and remind the citizens of Burning Man on the proper use of the Porta Potties through art and performance.
Pre Burn Responsibilities: Create non-moop art/posters that will be securely taped inside the porta potties of your sector that will remind citizens the proper use of the Porta Potties. In the months prior to Burning Man, use social media as a tool of education for porta pottie etiquette.
Burning Man Shift Responsibilities: During the Burn, the sector chief will visit each bank of porta potties with his or her sector at least once a day.
1-Educate the captive audience waiting to use the porta potties on porta potty etiquette through creative measures . Creative measures for education can include performance art, games, prizes, swag or anything that would grab attention of participants and encourage them to be reminded of the proper use of the porta potties. Your creativity is your number one tool on how you do this.
2- Moop non-icky garbage at the porta potties. The main goal here is to be an example and to encourage other participants to help moop the porta potties too.
3- Close porta potties that may be a health hazard until the folks from United Site Services can give that porta potty a good cleaning. Hovering is the main concern when it comes to health hazards. Hovering is when people take a shit above the seat and shit ends up on the seat itself where participants may end up sitting on someone else's shit. Health Hazards may also happen when porta potties are too full and shit piles to where the porta potty is unsafe to use.
4- Help restock and replenish 1-ply toilet paper.
5- Recruit and restock Porta Potty Friends. These are camps and campers who are camped near a porta potty. We ask these wonderful people to be in charge of a box of toilet paper and to help restock the porta potties near their camp.
6- Speak with camps and participants along your route about porta potties and porta potty etiquette.
Post Burn Responsibilities: After the Burn, help remove all art and posters that have been taped to your porta potties.
This is a fun project to volunteer for during the burn! Please feel free to pass this along to your campmates and contact me on Facebook if this is a project you think you would be interested in helping with.
Thanks!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Frida Be You & Me

ElderWrong
Burning Since: 2011
Camp Name: 404:Village Not Found

Re: THE P.P.P. Needs YOU

Post by ElderWrong » Mon Apr 04, 2016 9:50 am

Thank you Simon!

I am not on ePlaya as much as I am on Facebook. I will definitely be more active here. If anyone is interested in being a sector chief this year and would like to volunteer for the Porta Pottie Project this year, feel free to contact me here or on Facebook!

Here is my Facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/elder.wrong
Elder Wrong
The Porta Potty Preacher
H.W.J.T.A.S?
(How Would Jesus Take a Shit?)

jella
Burning Since: 2009
Camp Name: Dye with dignity

Post by jella » Mon Apr 04, 2016 9:51 am

We're do I sign ?! I am with 404 not found and would be proud to represent our sector.
Burning Man isn't about the stuff you see when you get there ....it's about the people that brought that stuff there

ElderWrong
Burning Since: 2011
Camp Name: 404:Village Not Found

Post by ElderWrong » Mon Apr 04, 2016 10:53 am

Sweet! I am in 404 Village not found as well. Friend me on Facebook and we can talk there!

https://www.facebook.com/elder.wrong
Elder Wrong
The Porta Potty Preacher
H.W.J.T.A.S?
(How Would Jesus Take a Shit?)

jella
Burning Since: 2009
Camp Name: Dye with dignity

Post by jella » Mon Apr 04, 2016 11:24 am

We already are friends on facebook.
Burning Man isn't about the stuff you see when you get there ....it's about the people that brought that stuff there

Return to “2016 Art & Performance”