Documentary Photog iso Burners from all over

Building an art installation or mutant vehicle? Planning to perform? Building a stage or performance space? Talk about it here.
panama_payne
Burning Since: 2016

Documentary Photog iso Burners from all over

Post by panama_payne » Wed Jul 20, 2016 12:26 pm

Good Afternoon Burners,

I am attending Burning Man for my first time this year and I am also working on a photojournalism assignment.
I have already been accepted for a low cost ticket and just got notified that my press package was approved.

I already have an intended story that I am focusing on, but I want to reach out and see if any burners are interested in having me document their story or if they had an event that they would like coverage of. I work for a student ran publication, Metropolitan State University of Denver's Metrosphere arts and literature magazine. I would love to people from all walks of life and talk about creative passions and what brought you out to BRC.

Photography is my passion, I love what I do and I love sharing people's story. If you are interested in me following you around and taking candid shots I would be interested in hearing from you!

if you would like to see my portfolio check out my website carlpaynephotography.com

Dr. Pyro
Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: Barbie Death Camp & Wine Bistro

Re: Documentary Photog iso Burners from all over

Post by Dr. Pyro » Wed Jul 20, 2016 1:00 pm

Why not drop by Barbie Death Camp & Wine Bistro Wednesday evening for the Eplaya Meet & Greet and document some of that? We'll be at 6:30 and Effigare. I mean, you're on the Eplaya so that makes you one of us!

Ratty
Burning Since: 2008
Camp Name: Tiger Man

Post by Ratty » Wed Jul 20, 2016 4:30 pm

Yes! Panama pain, Do come to the Meet & Greet. There will be 100+ people that connect once a year in person. Food, drinks and lots of hugs. Maybe even some knock-down drag-outs if 'those' persons show their face. (It turns out that some of the most abusive internet personalities are charming in person.) Wednesday night 6pm. Don't be late. (The secret password is pineapple).
Pictures or it didn't happen Greycoyote
I a recovering swagaholic I have to resist my grabby nature VultureChow
Those aren't buttermilk biscuits I'm lying on Savannah
You should start doing drugs, it doesn't mess you up as much. CaptG

Token
Burning Since: 2001

Post by Token » Wed Jul 20, 2016 7:33 pm

Plus BDC&WB qualifies as combat photography.

SaritaSyrah
Burning Since: 2012
Camp Name: Dye With Dignity

Post by SaritaSyrah » Thu Aug 04, 2016 11:21 am

You'll meet the absolute most interesting people with the most wonderful stories when you've got your feet in the playa! Make sure to bring your card, so that they can connect with you off playa. Do explain to people what you are taking photos for, before you start taking them. Consent is sexy. If you hang around the art installations long enough, the artists will wander around and talk to you. They always have fantastic stories, and the gate and perimeter folks are genuinely amazing. If they intimidate you, start with Ygmir, he's a tiny wisp of a human and very non-threatening. Good place to start.
BURN SHIT!

trilobyte
Site Admin
Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Eridu Society

Post by trilobyte » Thu Aug 04, 2016 4:54 pm

I'm giving this a nudge over to the 2016 Art & Performance board, since I think that's a better fit.

Jainesy

Post by Jainesy » Sat Aug 13, 2016 9:32 am

Hi P, feel free to cover our band, Ziggy Playadust & the Seed Bugs from Sparks. We're doing a full band, live David Bowie show three nights on the playa. We'll be performing in our camp (Lustre Village/Tazii Camp, 3:30 & D), on Tue and Wed nights, 9pm.

You might come Tue or Wed, say around 6pm, and interview/document us as we set up etc., then document the show. We expect a good size crowd.

Besides the band, we have an amazing interactive light show called Pulsefield that will run before we start our set. The project lead would probably be interested to discuss that too.

We'd love to have our performance documented!

Luv, JNZ

Return to “2016 Art & Performance”