Request a Protest!

Building an art installation or mutant vehicle? Planning to perform? Building a stage or performance space? Talk about it here.
WestburnerBRC
Burning Since: 2012
Camp Name: Westburner Baptist Church

Request a Protest!

Post by WestburnerBRC » Tue Aug 02, 2016 12:52 pm

The Westburner Baptist Church will be showing off the more stubborn side of faith by protesting things we have no control over, like dust storms, UV Rays, and heterosexuality. However, we also protest... BY REQUEST!

If your theme camp or village is interested in having our congregation get righteously indignant over nothing-at-all, please send a message to westburnerbaptistchurch@gmail.com with your Camp name, location, and at least THREE ideal* times you would like to be protested during the week, and why you deserve the passive-aggressive wrath of the almighty.

(Church reserves the right to disregard ideal times if God tells us to.)

WestburnerBRC

Playa Pet/Playa Parent Sign-Ups!

Post by WestburnerBRC » Tue Aug 02, 2016 12:58 pm

Westburner Baptist Church will be offering "Playa Pet" service this year, connecting veteran burners with virgins in order to "show them the ropes", and also giving them dog collars and leashes and a watering dish (i.e. cup)

You can sign up to be a "Playa Parent" in advance! Send an email to westburnerbaptistchurch@gmail.com with your Playa Name and Camp Location. We will host a meet and greet before our Book Burning event on the 25th and assign you a "playa pet"!

*We are requesting veterans with at least 3x Burns under their belt, but anyone who has been 'Home' before is encouraged to sign up to be a Playa Parent and share what they've learned!

LittleJack
Burning Since: 2009
Camp Name: Hushville

Re: Playa Pet/Playa Parent Sign-Ups!

Post by LittleJack » Tue Aug 02, 2016 1:10 pm

I think the 25th is the Thursday pre-event, innit?

How much time would you expect us to pet sit?
--------
I like my coffee like I like my women: strong, earthy and full bodied!

C.f.M.
Burning Since: 2009
Camp Name: Stag Camp 810&D

Re: Request a Protest!

Post by C.f.M. » Tue Aug 02, 2016 1:18 pm

This is amazing.

Jackass

Post by Jackass » Tue Aug 02, 2016 1:46 pm

If the pet gets all nervous and shits and pisses all over the rug, are we supposed to rub their noses in it?

NO NO NO, BAD PET!!
Sooner or later, it will get real strange...

11th Principle: Depussyfication - Keeping Burning Man potentially lethal. Token

WestburnerBRC

Post by WestburnerBRC » Tue Aug 02, 2016 4:47 pm

LittleJack wrote:I think the 25th is the Thursday pre-event, innit?

How much time would you expect us to pet sit?
Oh, drat. You're right and my dates are off and I can't edit the post as they appear to "cement" after 15min.
I meant the 28th. The Book Burning and the meet and greet won't happen until the gates are open, obviously.

Good catch, fam.

WestburnerBRC

Post by WestburnerBRC » Tue Aug 02, 2016 4:57 pm

LittleJack wrote:I think the 25th is the Thursday pre-event, innit?
Oh dear lord. Monday, the 29th. EA passes have destroyed my sense of the space-time continuum.
At 6pm is the Playa Pet Reception for pre-registered pets and parents & walk-ins.
At 8pm is the Book Burning
Sacramental wine until morning.
LittleJack wrote:How much time would you expect us to pet sit?
We'll give you a short briefing about it when you show up, but basically it's an arrangement between the pet and the parent; we help facilitate it and collect report cards, but it's your experience. You establish with your pet how much or how little you're going to care for and feed it. In the end, we can't stop you from abandoning the little guy in the desert, but we do expect they will probably give you a poor rating as an owner, and we'd have to create a wall of shame to put your playa name on and bring it back every year.

Return to “2016 Art & Performance”