WWW event submission deadline?

Building an art installation or mutant vehicle? Planning to perform? Building a stage or performance space? Talk about it here.
pashches
Burning Since: 2013
Camp Name: EBB & Glow

WWW event submission deadline?

Post by pashches » Wed Aug 03, 2016 7:12 am

Hey all, I submitted an event for the WWW guide (salsa dancing night) and just noticed another camp was doing it the same time! DOH! Since it's my first year, I was thinking of changing the time to a day earlier. Is that still possible? When are the guides printed?

Thanks all!

trilobyte
Site Admin
Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Eridu Society

Re: WWW event submission deadline?

Post by trilobyte » Wed Aug 03, 2016 8:32 am

It sounds like you may misunderstand how the playa events calendar works.

Basically, that tool opens up sometime in June to allow burners to post listings. Only the first few hundred listings are able to make it into the printed guide that's handed out at the gates, and it usually only takes a day or two to hit that number.

The playa events calendar tool stays open and usable through til Burning Man. People can access the calendar on the web, as well as in person at playa info on the playa. Additionally, there are a few different smartphone apps out there that grab all the data from the online calendar's database and push it out in an update just before the start of the event (so they have pretty much everything downloaded onto users' smartphones).

BoyScoutGirl
Camp Name: Lamplighters!

Post by BoyScoutGirl » Wed Aug 03, 2016 9:04 am

Also, the city is HUGE! Two salsa events at the same time aren't likely to be near each other, so any passersby drawn from the streets won't be competed for by the other camp.
When he lights his streetlamp, it is as if he brought one more star to life, or one flower.
When he puts out his lamp, he sends the flower, or the star, to sleep.
That is a beautiful occupation.

- Le Petit Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

pashches
Burning Since: 2013
Camp Name: EBB & Glow

Post by pashches » Wed Aug 03, 2016 12:57 pm

Well, I submitted the days the registration opened and got our event accepted. Now we want to change time because 2 salsa events are happening the same time. I'm leaning towards keeping it but was curious about the options at this point.

trilobyte
Site Admin
Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Eridu Society

Post by trilobyte » Sun Aug 07, 2016 4:40 pm

Even if the listing is included in the printed guide, that book has long since gone off to the printers.

Return to “2016 Art & Performance”