Keep the Burning in Burning Man - Volunteer to help with Burn Perimeter!
Hello, all of you great Burning Man volunteers!
Do you love fire?
Do you love keeping people safe?
Do you look snappy in an orange vest?
Were you on the Burn Perimeter Support Crew last year and loved it?
Well if you answered yes to any or all of those questions we have a role for you!
Burn Perimeter Support Crew 2016!As you might have noticed we're burning a lot of big burning art at Burning Man this year.
Four of the burns are huge and need over close to 200 perimeter folks to help make sure it goes smooth. Never before have we needed this number of burn perimeter folks and we need your help!!!
Here is what we need:
In order to burn all of this big art safely, we set up a burn perimeter around each burn to keep the citizens of Black Rock City safe. These perimeters are formed with Volunteers every fifteen feet around its radius. This work will, for the most part, begin one or two hours before a burn and end after the perimeter has been released. This usually means you would be needed for two to three hours.
Here are the four burns we need the most help with this year:
- Black Rock Light House - Burns on Sunday 1am
- Catacomb Of Veils - Burns on Friday 6am
- Helios - Burns on Friday Midnight
- Plug N Play - Burns on Friday 9pm
What gear do you need?
- Long sleeved cotton shirt and pants, wide brimmed hat
- Clear goggles for night-time use
- A full water bottle
- High-Intensity flashlight for seeing and signaling
- Dust mask
- Jacket (optional, but highly recommended)
- Small food items (optional, but again recommended)
- We will provide a smart orange safety vest
DaveX is our Fire Art Safety Team Manager and an all around swell guy.
**Please indicate what burns you would like to help with and I will direct you to the Perimeter lead on that project**
Burn on Burners!