Art Car with white lasers??

Building an art installation or mutant vehicle? Planning to perform? Building a stage or performance space? Talk about it here.
galaxybeing
Burning Since: 2001
Camp Name: Opulent Temple

Art Car with white lasers??

Postby galaxybeing » Fri Sep 16, 2016 7:09 am

Can someone tell me the name of the DJ art car with the circle and white lasers? Thanks.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

burner von braun
Burning Since: 2010

Re: Art Car with white lasers??

Postby burner von braun » Fri Sep 16, 2016 7:22 am

Captain Goddammit
Burning Since: 2000
Camp Name: First Camp

Postby Captain Goddammit » Fri Sep 16, 2016 11:29 am

And if you watch my video you'll see that those are full colored lasers, they just had them on "white" when you took the photo.
GreyCoyote: "At this rate it wont be long before he is Admiral Fukkit."
Delle: Singularly we may be dysfunctional misfits, but together we're magic.

galaxybeing

Postby galaxybeing » Fri Sep 16, 2016 2:36 pm

I guess what stuck with me in addition to the lasers was those super bright white lights twinkling on and off. Those don't change colors, do they? It did have a white light feel to it, didn't it? I only saw it for 20 minutes before the people I was with wanted to go... the music was to repetitive for them. I could have stayed there fore hours. Next time I will. I usually hand out alone on Burn night. This time I didn't and would up on the opposite side of the playa when the whiteout hit.

Can you link me to photos of the car from the side? Can't really tell what it is. ///// Never mind. I think I found it

http://mayanwarrior.mx/

Traveller in Time
Burning Since: 2020
Camp Name: Neon Light Alley (should be: Camp Envy)

Postby Traveller in Time » Fri Sep 16, 2016 3:49 pm

The white flashing lights are most probably stroboscopes, the light is emitted by a xenon discharge tube.
Dreaming a temporary world improving the default world

Not expressing yourself but embracing all other expressions is The Challenge

...I can make anything I can imagine . . . I just can't make _some_ things happen

Have some Free will

galaxybeing

Postby galaxybeing » Sat Sep 17, 2016 7:29 am

Traveller in Time wrote:The white flashing lights are most probably stroboscopes, the light is emitted by a xenon discharge tube.

You thing so? I don't know. Strobes build up a lot of power then release it in a flash (they used them for flashes) . These seemed to be turned on for a long period of time. Maybe they were xenon lamps turned on and off.

But them being white and the lasers white just makes for a real cool and unique effect.

Screenshot_20160917-092359.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Traveller in Time

Postby Traveller in Time » Sat Sep 17, 2016 9:53 am

I presume you are referring to the lights on the ring and radials of the star.
The only near similar white flashes would be with LED. However LEDs are 'easy' to control where these flashes are somewhat random. Stroboscopes can be easily configured to free running repetitive each with a little offset frequency. Similar strobos are used in street x-mas lighting in some cities or in December - January some years on my rooftop.

Checked several tube videos and on all these radial lights are short flashing and most often random. Only just after switching all on they have a short period of near synchronicity.

I was not there to see them in their full magic :D so I may be wrong.

...I can make anything I can imagine . . . I just can't make _some_ things happen

Have some Free will

galaxybeing

Postby galaxybeing » Sat Sep 17, 2016 11:45 am

Take a look for yourself. There's actually 2 types of white lights. Little twinkle once all over the background, and large ones where the lasers come out. And I'm pretty sure those are not actually part of the lasers, but it looks like the lasers are coming out of them, which is very cool.

Traveller in Time

Postby Traveller in Time » Sat Sep 17, 2016 1:26 pm

I see four boxes with each three square windows, two on top of the piles of boxes and one next to each end of the table just below a tube rail. On the sides of the black circle in the star there seem to be smaller boxes and at night we see another laser coming from the center of the star.

Cant find more about the three square window-boxes but I think they have three RGB systems and some fast mirrors each. I can imagine even a little dust on the output windows will shine with a bright glow.

Seeing the lights on the radials of the star in daylight I get the impression what we see here are LED's.

Kind of enjoy this searching for the way some artists have build a system :D Also fun to see the Mayan Warrior developing over the years.

Have some Free will

Return to “2016 Art & Performance”